Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Walton, Begovic or someone like Daniel Iversen on loan would be decent.

Keeper might be one that happens late once PL squads are finalised. Can't see Iversen being anywhere near the Leicester side though so that's a realistic target. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Walton, Begovic or someone like Daniel Iversen on loan would be decent.

Keeper might be one that happens late once PL squads are finalised. Can't see Iversen being anywhere near the Leicester side though so that's a realistic target. 

That's why it is worth waiting.

A keeper of decent calibre might become available.
  • edited July 8
    I know Terry Taylor has become a bit of an inside joke "like a new signing" but I do feel he has a lot to offer, he is still young and if he can stay fit and get a run in the team I do think he could contribute a lot.
    Agree CEL, but he was "like a new signing" Saturday, some had forgotten he was our player, almost a stranger, but he gave a good account of himself, so yes stay fit and he could shine in that midfield...
  • Devil is in the detail with Hylton, of course but Jones clearly has a lot of respect for him as a person and footballer. Would I like to see him offered a full time playing role? Of course not given his recent experiences. But, were he to have some off the pitch role and maybe be in the squad for the lesser cup games then I can't see how that's a negative. Perhaps Jones recognises that his own approach may be overbearing at times and Hylton may be some sort of buffer, particularly for the younger players. I like what Jones is doing at the moment in terms of shaping his squad and the emphasis he is putting on the right characters coming in. Maybe that is stretching beyond the playing staff to the backroom team aswell.
  • Who knows if Hylton signs or not, but if Jones get results then he can give a contract to his best mate, David Pleat or Nick Owen for all I care.

We underperform, then it will be another stick to add to Dobson and May sticks to beat the club with. 

Can’t see him featuring at all so if that’s where he wants the budget to go, so be it 
  • Think our goalkeeper targets have fell through so unless something else turns up then it might be them 3 fighting for number 1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit worrying that Jones best mate is a bloke whos been done for racism lol 
  • Darren Randolph still available.

No idea if he's still up to it these days. 
    Too busy making babies with Alexandra Burke?
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-alexandra-burke-gives-birth-30921131
  • Think our goalkeeper targets have fell through so unless something else turns up then it might be them 3 fighting for number 1 
    Fairly sure that the club won't have seen their prime targets fall through and then decide to just sack it off and stick with a 2nd or 3rd choice.

Keeper probably won't arrive till much later on now and might end up being a loanee not a permanent but the only one I see having even a chance at the No. 1 shirt is Mannion and even then I'd be very surprised indeed.
  • I think Jones would offload AMB and Isted in a heartbeat if he could
  • I think Jones would offload AMB and Isted in a heartbeat if he could

Definitely - That's pretty much been made public via C(r)awley.
  • Scoham said:
    Can the next GK be bald or have dark hair? Just for some balance.

Judging by the fact that AMB and Isted are smiling, Jones clearly hasn’t told them yet, that he’s binning them. 
  • Yann897 said:
    Bishop and Hylton both gone to Slovenia.

They'll probably both come back with a contract of some sort...
    Or with an injury of some sort given our luck 😉😆
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Bishop and Hylton both gone to Slovenia.

They'll probably both come back with a contract of some sort...
    Or with an injury of some sort given our luck 😉😆
    with both a contract AND an injury.
  • DRAddick said:
    I know Terry Taylor has become a bit of an inside joke "like a new signing" but I do feel he has a lot to offer, he is still young and if he can stay fit and get a run in the team I do think he could contribute a lot.
    Totally agree, easy to forget how highly rated he was when we signed him (https://x.com/SportsPeteO/status/1583494239320539150), we beat off Championship interest at the time and he's still only 23. If he hadn't have been unlucky with injuries (surgery, no less) last season we'd have seen a lot more of him I think. 
    Was speaking to Taylor's uncle the night before the Dartford game. Say's Terry likes it at Charlton, likes Jones and is hoping to push on this season.

Let's see if the Audi peeps at Audi Marshall will sponsor him. Be good to have an Audi TT in the squad, especially if they help spec him out. 
  • I know Terry Taylor has become a bit of an inside joke "like a new signing" but I do feel he has a lot to offer, he is still young and if he can stay fit and get a run in the team I do think he could contribute a lot.
    He showed flashes of quality last year, and definitely showed some for Burton as well. Time will tell, I really don't know why he didn't even make the bench last year after coming back, but we'll see.
    I think this as well 
  • SDAddick said:
    He showed flashes of quality last year, and definitely showed some for Burton as well. Time will tell, I really don't know why he didn't even make the bench last year after coming back, but we'll see.
    Maybe similar to Lloyd Jones situation in that Taylor was 100%, and NJ wanted to look at other options? 
  • Redhenry said:
    Hylton the new Andy Hughes?
    You could be right but I don’t quite feel it’s the same. Hughes still had a decent amount to offer as a player on top of the other stuff, can’t see it’s the same as Hylton. Nonetheless, doubt it will have a detrimental effect on our season so not a big deal. 
    I think some were saying the same about Andy Hughes, this time of the season tbf...
    Possibly, can’t really remember. But Hughes came from the Championship, Hylton is probably a non-league player now. My only (minor) issue is I can’t imagine we’ll go with 6 strikers so if we say loaned Kanu out and had Hylton as 1 of the 5 then I’d be a bit concerned if we got a couple of injuries. 
    We currently have 3 fit strikers so Kanu going nowhere
  • agim said:

Hylton would make 6 first team forwards? That's an incredible amount for a club these days even if you are playing two up top.
    Keep up, we have 3 fit strikers, not 5
  • edited July 8
    I don’t know much about Bishop or Taylor for that matter but neither strikes me as attacking (perhaps I’m wrong).
    Add Doc, Coventry and Anderson into the holding midfielder category and it’s really only Berry who seems like the 10.
    The transfer business has been great so far but as well as an experienced no1 like Walton I think we need a back up CAM. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!