Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• cafc4life said:
    I think it does tbf mate as we all know the bit

has got to be aggressive, got to be right at it. Got to show real quality

this has never been fraser while being here and highly doubt it will be just not got it in him ! Get rid
    Easy to say “get rid” but I doubt it’s going to be easy. If it was he’d be gone already.
    To sell you could be right but hes been out on loan before im sure there will be interest especially up in scotland

We need and can get alot better if we want to progress

the owners have proved they are backing Jones so im sure they would again with an upgrade 
    My understanding is that Fraser is on very good money. I doubt many clubs in Scotland could afford more than a small percentage of what he’s getting. Loan him out certainly but we’ll undoubtedly still be responsible for the lions share of his contract. That’s a heavy drag on the budget for someone not even playing at the club. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I suspect he’s with us until it expires to some extent.
  • cafc4life said:

this has never been fraser while being here and highly doubt it will be just not got it in him ! Get rid
    Easy to say “get rid” but I doubt it’s going to be easy. If it was he’d be gone already.
    To sell you could be right but hes been out on loan before im sure there will be interest especially up in scotland

the owners have proved they are backing Jones so im sure they would again with an upgrade 
    My understanding is that Fraser is on very good money. I doubt many clubs in Scotland could afford more than a small percentage of what he’s getting. Loan him out certainly but we’ll undoubtedly still be responsible for the lions share of his contract. That’s a heavy drag on the budget for someone not even playing at the club. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I suspect he’s with us until it expires to some extent.
    Fortunately he’s only got 1 year left.
  • Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:

That’s at least a positive. To be fair, I expect he’s keen to get away too.
  • edited July 7
    Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:

He could always take a pay cut if he’s so desperate to get away…tightwad 😏
  • Scoham said:
    cafc4life said:

He could always take a pay cut if he’s so desperate to get away…tightwad 😏
    He might do, for say the security of a 3 year contract.
  • Be interested to see who goes on the foreign trip next week, will Fraser go?
  • @Boom what’s your thoughts on Teddy Bishop please?  Or @Off_it what’s Off It Jnr’s verdict? 
    On his day a good player. Seemed to be crocked most of the time so should fit in well. I think we tried to keep him - on our terms which he wasn’t happy with so left. Honestly no big loss. Don’t know what Little Off It reckons!
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    From the story I’d say Hylton is there to be a coach to the strikers.  I know they’ve wanted a specific forward coach for a while.
    NJ clearly appreciated Hylton so that seems like a good match there.
    At 35 he isn’t going to rip the league to shreds but if his nouse can be shared with the young guns.

i suggested a former player for the role last year but he wasn’t what they wanted - sounds like Hylton could be that man.
    Billy Clarke?
  • If we sign Hylton at least we have a nailed on striker for the pizza cup 
  • edited July 7
    Players used against Dartford by position… a good indication of which positions we are likely still short of a body.

GK: Isted, Mannion

CB: Ramsey, Jones, Gillesphey, Z Mitchell, A Mitchell, REG

RWB: Asiimwe, Watson

LWB: Small, Edwards

CM: Taylor, Bishop (trial), Fraser, Coventry, Edun, Berry, Henry

FW: Kanu, Campbell, Ahadme, Godden, Hylton (trial)

Unused: AMB, Ness, Docherty, Anderson, Leaburn, Aneke
  • Would Hylton need to be registered as player if we sign him with the intention of being an over age player for the U21/3's  like a few clubs seem to be doing now?
  • Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:
    From the story I’d say Hylton is there to be a coach to the strikers.  I know they’ve wanted a specific forward coach for a while.
    At 35 he isn’t going to rip the league to shreds but if his nouse can be shared with the young guns.

i suggested a former player for the role last year but he wasn’t what they wanted - sounds like Hylton could be that man.
    Billy Clarke?
    No.  Someone I thought would be a good mentor in the dark arts which I thought would help Miles.

My suggestion  was open to it too as we have a mutual friend who asked him 

currently scouting in his native France.  Would have been good pr for the club too imo 
    Sorry, someone turned down Yann?!
  • Players used against Dartford by position… a good indication of which positions we are likely still short of a body.

Ramsey at cb?
  • edited July 7
    Valley11 said:
    Players used against Dartford by position… a good indication of which positions we are likely still short of a body.

Ramsey at cb?
    That’s where he played yesterday. I don’t think he’ll be a long term option there barring a major injury crisis though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott Fraser has been with us since January 2022. He’s never really convinced in that time and even in his best spells with us he has never looked remotely like the kind of midfielder that Nathan Jones values. At 29 he’s not going to suddenly develop a load more speed, stamina, and aggression. Jones is never going to trust him to start games and he’s not good enough to justify being an x-factor off the bench in tight games. 

I know there was a bit of excitement around him when we signed him, but it’s time to face facts - he hasn’t lived up to the hype and he’s not going to. Time to move him on if we can.  
    He’ll no doubt go out on loan and if we can save £50 a week on him it’s better than having him around and not contributing. 
  • As long as there is money in the budget for a striker coach then I’m happy to get Hylton in. If he’s going to be eating into the player budget I really think it’s iffy. Not played very much last season and now 35. Shouldn’t be considered as a playing option.
  • edited July 7
    I think I described Fraser as looking like a geriatric wheezing asthmatic.
    He is not aggressive and right at it.
  • Leuth said:
    Hylton being brought in as a sort of striker coach? I don't mind that
    Is he related to Ripton “Eek-a-Mouse” Hylton”? 🤔🙄
  • Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:

Billy Clarke?
    No.  Someone I thought would be a good mentor in the dark arts which I thought would help Miles.

My suggestion  was open to it too as we have a mutual friend who asked him 

currently scouting in his native France.  Would have been good pr for the club too imo 
    Very interesting. I imagine that some players are much more instinctive than others and whilst they are great players, don’t really understand why or are unable to develop the same abilities in others. I’d guess that Clive Mendonca, for example, was highly instinctive whereas Andy Hunt might be a bit more analytical and insightful. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!