Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:
    From the story I’d say Hylton is there to be a coach to the strikers.  I know they’ve wanted a specific forward coach for a while.
    NJ clearly appreciated Hylton so that seems like a good match there.
    At 35 he isn’t going to rip the league to shreds but if his nouse can be shared with the young guns.

i suggested a former player for the role last year but he wasn’t what they wanted - sounds like Hylton could be that man.
    Billy Clarke?
    No.  Someone I thought would be a good mentor in the dark arts which I thought would help Miles.

My suggestion  was open to it too as we have a mutual friend who asked him 

currently scouting in his native France.  Would have been good pr for the club too imo 
    Yann?
  • I watched Danny Hylton a lot at Aldershot when Charlton were playing away.
    in all honesty in 50 plus years of watching football I’ve never seen a bloke give so much / try so hard on a football pitch. He literally used to run himself into the ground every week. 
    He is a cross between Joe Jordan, Forrest Gump and Frank Spencer - never seen anybody else like him 
    Och I  Betty, a box of chocolates. 
  • LouisMend said:

Asked if he’ll be taking a closer look at the two players over the next few weeks, Jones said: “I’m having a look at Teddy Bishop. I know everything about Danny Hylton. I know what Danny Hylton can do. I don’t need to look at Danny Hylton. Danny Hylton is possibly my best ever signing in terms of everything. So, I’m not having a look at Danny Hylton. We’ve got a lot of young strikers at the football club and if they can have the application and certain things that Danny Hylton has then they’re going to have fantastic careers."

Sorry Nathan, could you repeat who you're talking about, we didn't quite catch his name.

Teddy Bishop...🙄
  • I’d keep Edun. Think he could offer something in the middle 
  • cafc4life said:
    I’d keep Edun. Think he could offer something in the middle 
    I think it likely we'll sell Small as he hasn't signed a long term contract. If so, we'll keep Edun as backup to Edwards.
  • cafc4life said:
    I think it likely we'll sell Small as he hasn't signed a long term contract. If so, we'll keep Edun as backup to Edwards.
    I don’t think there’s a queue for Small. He was a free agent not too long ago and poor old relegation threatened Charlton were able to sign him. By January he might be worth something but now not that much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann897 said:
    Bishop and Hylton both gone to Slovenia.

They'll probably both come back with a contract of some sort...
    Yann897 said:

But will they come back ? ... 😉
  • Yann897 said:

They'll probably both come back with a contract of some sort...
    Or at least some duty free. 
  • Hylton the new Andy Hughes?
    You could be right but I don’t quite feel it’s the same. Hughes still had a decent amount to offer as a player on top of the other stuff, can’t see it’s the same as Hylton. Nonetheless, doubt it will have a detrimental effect on our season so not a big deal. 
  • cafc4life said:
    Got 12 months to go yet they won’t worry about Small till after the window is shut .. 

• Hylton the new Andy Hughes?
    You could be right but I don’t quite feel it’s the same. Hughes still had a decent amount to offer as a player on top of the other stuff, can’t see it’s the same as Hylton. Nonetheless, doubt it will have a detrimental effect on our season so not a big deal. 
    I think some were saying the same about Andy Hughes, this time of the season tbf...
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Hylton the new Andy Hughes?
    I think some were saying the same about Andy Hughes, this time of the season tbf...
    Possibly, can’t really remember. But Hughes came from the Championship, Hylton is probably a non-league player now. My only (minor) issue is I can’t imagine we’ll go with 6 strikers so if we say loaned Kanu out and had Hylton as 1 of the 5 then I’d be a bit concerned if we got a couple of injuries. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!