Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    If 1m is buying Ahadme, surely that sort of money is getting you Dion Charles? I know who I'd rather have
    Dion Charles is going to be more the Matt Godden / Alfie May type Striker though. If Jones wants a bullying type striker alongside Godden, then Charles would be the wrong signing.
    He has bullied us every time he plays against us. For Accrington and Bolton
  • Options
    Remember the sky game under Bowyer when Bishop and Charles just ran us ragged for 90 mins for Accrington. 
  • Options
    I have a hunch that Jones will attempt to sign Pelly Mpanzu from his old club Luton. Definitely not ITK, just a guess.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    A quick look at the Lincoln forum, and they seem to think Bishop and Mandriou were their most creative players last season. Both have left.

My guess is we'll see Bishop and Godden announced before we go away to Slovenia. We'll then add Ahadme, a GK and another CB before the windows end. 
  • Options
    Is ahadme the other striker we are in for or is there anyone else.
    He is but Ipswich still
    holding out for 1 mill we offered 500,000 -600,000 
    No where near that valuation IMO and would hardly ever make their bench in the Prem. 

So we should move on down the list.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I expect it's 1 CM if everyone stays as is and 2 if Taylor goes. I'm not really counting Henry as I expect he'll be off either to the National League or Notts County with Stuart Maynard the ex Wealdstone manager.
    What if Fraser goes? That would free up bigger wages than Taylor or Henry.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    A quick look at the Lincoln forum, and they seem to think Bishop and Mandriou were their most creative players last season. Both have left.

My guess is we'll see Bishop and Godden announced before we go away to Slovenia. We'll then add Ahadme, a GK and another CB before the windows end. 
    And Dobson, hopefully.

Still don't believe that will be enough, the midfield desperately needs creativity/pace.

For example:

GK
    Mitchell - Jones - Gillesphey
    Ramsay - Dobson - Coventry - Small
    Berry
    Ahadme - Godden

Mannion, REG, Edwards, Bishop, Anderson, Kanu, Aneke. With players like Campbell and Leaburn in the squad/when fit etc.

Is good, but is it categorically stronger than last season?

Think we need more, much more.
    I'd be shocked if we didn't get another left-sided CB and possibly a proper experienced leader for the middle spot. Gillesphey isn't a very Jones sort of player. I feel like Jones will want a winger as well, a very quick and unpredictable change of pace sort of player that he can bring on to disrupt teams when we need a goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I expect it's 1 CM if everyone stays as is and 2 if Taylor goes. I'm not really counting Henry as I expect he'll be off either to the National League or Notts County with Stuart Maynard the ex Wealdstone manager.
    What if Fraser goes? That would free up bigger wages than Taylor or Henry.

Honestly I'd forgotten he was still around . Fully expect we'll have to pay him off to get him out the door though. 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    seth plum said:
    @bobmunro of this parish has been close to the Stoke City regime.
    Now Bob is a discreet diplomatic stand up kind of fellow, but at the time Nathan Jones was appointed Bob kind of enigmatically hinted at some misgivings about Nathan Jones, but as a gentleman didn’t elaborate.
    But a seed was planted.
    I remember that stuff because of recent talk about how Nathan Jones and Alfie May were getting along.
    I am not the only fan who wonders what @bobmunro was hinting at.
    I have had similar reservations about Nathan following Bob Munro's post, as I respect his opinion.
    However, at the moment we can only hope that he is the right man for the job. All the moaning on this forum is a waste of time as we have no control over incomings or outgoings. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit on Davies.. So he had agreed a deal to sign for us, but then for the last 10 days, he was meant to come down to complete medical and sign the contract, but every day another excuse, then late last week, he said other opportunities haver come to light, and want to explore, then asked for more money.. He well and truly f****d us about.. We move on.. It is now silly season, will be a lot of agreements but don't progress.. But that is the football industry for you.. 

It is football... so I don't get your point!
    That the line that has been served up on here is along the lines of 'we are shopping in a different market now' and already 'money' is the stumbling block. We even needed money so much so, that we have sold the biggest goal threat in the league to a promotion rival, that we can't get near in terms of resources. 

I don't believe a word these owners say. This will be a constant thing this window. The harsh reality is, we had 4 good players last season, 3 have left/been sold, and the other is yet to sign a contract extension. 

May has been sold to fund the incomings we have had, so far. It will not shock me at all if we break even this window, or thereabouts, which we cannot afford to do. We have all just witnessed one of the worst Charlton sides ever, the only ones who were stopping us from being the worst side in the league, are all gone bar a couple. 

We need to spend a fair few million to turn this mess around, do I see us doing that? No. As we have already cashed in, or attempted to cash in (Dobsons case) on all our best players so far. 

I just don't see how this is any different from the previous owners/windows we have had.
    Everyone keeps going on about we lost 4 good players.. They have been part of a side that has finished lower half of league 1.. That is a fact! It is about the team, not individuals. 
    This doesn't make any sense... Can't believe it keeps coming up so often! 

It's like blaming the lifeboats for the ship sinking
    He's not blamed anyone, he has simply suggested they might have been good individually, but it wasn't a proper team. We need a team, not individuals to get promoted.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Can't see Taylor leaving, he's a very well thought off player who had bad luck with injuries
    Is he though?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Can't see Taylor leaving, he's a very well thought off player who had bad luck with injuries
    Is he though?
    Is he well thought of? Played age group football for 2 different nations, including captaining Wales U21 and is highly rated by NTT20 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/12780543/21-under-21-terry-taylor-of-burton-albion
  • Options
    Sage said:

And Dobson, hopefully.

Still don't believe that will be enough, the midfield desperately needs creativity/pace.

For example:

GK
    Mitchell - Jones - Gillesphey
    Ramsay - Dobson - Coventry - Small
    Berry
    Ahadme - Godden

Mannion, REG, Edwards, Bishop, Anderson, Kanu, Aneke. With players like Campbell and Leaburn in the squad/when fit etc.

Is good, but is it categorically stronger than last season?

Think we need more, much more.
    Yes it is stronger, but I agree we need at least 2-3 more for depth. Anderson and Kanu aren't reliable yet, Campbell must be in last chance saloon by now. Aneke is well.... Aneke. So whatever we get from him is a bonus. And obviously we need that solid Number 1, not one that flaps like AMB or panics like Isted, but better... I can almost see us starting the season with Mannion in sticks. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Is he though?
    Is he well thought of? Played age group football for 2 different nations, including captaining Wales U21 and is highly rated by NTT20 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/12780543/21-under-21-terry-taylor-of-burton-albion
    Same NTT20 boys who said we had one of the best squads in the league last year...
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Is he though?

Same NTT20 boys who said we had one of the best squads in the league last year...
    No one has a 100% hit rate
  • Options
    edited July 3
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Is he though?

No one has a 100% hit rate
    That Ezra guy also thinks Appleton is a brilliant manager. They are just two blokes. 

The more prescient question is whether Taylor is highly thought of by Jones, and there's not much evidence for that so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 3

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Is ahadme the other striker we are in for or is there anyone else.
    He is but Ipswich still
    holding out for 1 mill we offered 500,000 -600,000 
    No where near that valuation IMO and would hardly ever make their bench in the Prem. 

So we should move on down the list.
    That's the A's out the way, onto the B's.
  • Options
    Godden about to be revealed 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    and hopefully his Mrs is from dahn south...
  • Options
    It’ll be funny if it’s someone other than Godden