Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully May will be as successful as the last CAFC bod that jumped ship to Brum.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    supaclive said:
    Also Birmingham will think they are guaranteeing goals but we thought the same about ladapo when he walked through the door and look what happened with him
    Behave!
    Alfie has done it 3 years in a row for sides struggling in League 1, not the runaway league1 winners!
    Shall we remind ourselves about Cole Stockton? Sometimes being the main man in a struggling team is beneficial for a player. May strikes me as someone who wants to be the big fish 
    Now you're just chatting absolute bollocks about someone's personality.
    Firstly I'm chatting the worst shit in history for saying Miles Leaburn is really good, now a personal speculation that even uses 'strikes me as' rather than 'is' about how our chest-puffed, extremely outgoing and chipper forward who likes to try 45-yard volleys might just want to be the main man means I'm essentially the worst human being alive. This is fucking desperate stuff, pal
    I guess we just ignore the miultiple reports on here from people who've met him that he's a shy, reserved, but a very nice bloke. I know you tend to over react when anyone dares disagree with you but that last bit is a stretch, even for you. 

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Hopefully May will be as successful as the last CAFC bod that jumped ship to Brum.
    Aneke? So we’ll buy him back in 6 months time? 

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if May returns in the next couple of years, he’ll probably end up on loan somewhere in league 1 if Birmingham go up this season 
  • Options
    I’d be disliking all those posts where you claim you are never going to watch Charlton again, just to never follow through, if there was.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    If we sign three players from the money that we make for May... With Godden / Adahme scoring 15-goals each, and the third bloke scoring 5-goals

Would we prefer to still have May? - Or would it still be a failure, because one of them hasn't replicated his 24-goals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2
    ct_addick said:
    Godden will be 33 at end of month....how is that an upgrade for 30 year old Alfie with a proven record in this division
    Age is just a number, why does this repetitive stuff keep surfacing, Godden has a good deal of experience at a higher level than Alfie, and will prove a good addition...
  • Options
    Interesting that the Godden signing is not on the official site. Maybe they are in touch with a consultancy on the words to use! 

I hope both Godden and Berry are still fully motivated lads. We've had some indifferent results of 30yo+ signings from the Championship over the years.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Interesting that the Godden signing is not on the official site. Maybe they are in touch with a consultancy on the words to use! 

I hope both Godden and Berry are still fully motivated lads. We've had some indifferent results of 30yo+ signings from the Championship over the years.
    It’s down to whether how much you trust Jones I guess. 

His big ethos is all focused around ‘standards’, and if he is the key driver in the transfer window as he keeps mentioning, then I don’t really feel like we’re going to get anyone whose ‘heart is not in it’.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    supaclive said:
    Also Birmingham will think they are guaranteeing goals but we thought the same about ladapo when he walked through the door and look what happened with him
    Behave!
    Alfie has done it 3 years in a row for sides struggling in League 1, not the runaway league1 winners!
    Shall we remind ourselves about Cole Stockton? Sometimes being the main man in a struggling team is beneficial for a player. May strikes me as someone who wants to be the big fish 
    Firstly I'm chatting the worst shit in history for saying Miles Leaburn is really good, now a personal speculation that even uses 'strikes me as' rather than 'is' about how our chest-puffed, extremely outgoing and chipper forward who likes to try 45-yard volleys might just want to be the main man means I'm essentially the worst human being alive. This is fucking desperate stuff, pal
    I guess we just ignore the miultiple reports on here from people who've met him that he's a shy, reserved, but a very nice bloke. I know you tend to over react when anyone dares disagree with you but that last bit is a stretch, even for you. 

I'm sure he is! Off the field! On the field he wants to be the guy. This isn't a bad thing! I'm not slagging him off! 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Grateful if we could take the Godden chat now to the Godden thread pinned at the top of the forum. Cheers

What about if it involves May as well, do we post to both threads...🙄

...Sorry boss😉
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    if this squad wins promotion given we have signed 4 players where 2 are squad players, then jones is a fucking tactical genius and the best manager ever. As this group of players were lacking in multiple areas last season and personally I don't see how we've gone anywhere but backwards in terms of strength in depth by losing Dobo and May so far. I'd love to be proved wrong and for us to have a fantastic window, I just don't see it. 
    Well you can't see what hasn't happened unless you can see into the future.
    What you say is reasonable except for the fact that the transfer window doesn't close until the 30th August.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    supaclive said:
    Behave!

I'm sure he is! Off the field! On the field he wants to be the guy. This isn't a bad thing! I'm not slagging him off! 
    Fair enough. I read your initial post in a tone that wasn't there - apologies.
  • Options
    It’s funny that a few hours ago Godden wasn’t  a good signing, but now we’ve signed him, all the sudden he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    supaclive said:
    Behave!

Fair enough. I read your initial post in a tone that wasn't there - apologies.
    And likewise, I don't want you to 'go hang'. Hang OUT? At The Valley? With 20,000 other fans? Sure
  • Options
    But yeah, a point here is that Nathan Jones doesn't want any one player to be the guy. As a fan of the Cantonas of this world, but as a fan of a League One team, I can see both sides of the argument. Cantona wasn't the only guy in that United team mind 
  • Options
    edited July 2
     Aparantly the floodgates should open on the 1st of July...  Cannot wait...

Should be great...

Any time now...

I can hear the gates opening...

I'm sure I can hear something...

Here it comes...

No!
    <was a fart>
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cantona wasn't the only guy in that United team mind 
    I think they were all guys. 
  • Options
    The sickest joke of the month would be all those wanting Dobson to stay, and blaming the club for him leaving, finding out Dobbo does not want to return. Any bets?
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Older and worse than May. Perfect logic Charlton. 
    You don’t know that.

Is Godden  better than May? All the evidence suggests he isn’t. 
    What evidence? 

How many seasons has May played in the championship?

I’m not defending Gosden here, neither am I going all Ronnie Moore and acting like he is Christ reincarnated but I don’t this k there is any clear evidence to suggest May is better
    Not going all Ronnie Moore ? ................... but I don’t this k there is any clear evidence ........ Are you sure ?  :D 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    RedRobin said:
    Why the silence from the club today? Feels a bit strange, not a single tweet and Cawley has confirmed Godden. 
    They have all had to nip off to Hungary sharpish.
  • Options
    You don’t know that.

What evidence? 

How many seasons has May played in the championship?

I’m not defending Gosden here, neither am I going all Ronnie Moore and acting like he is Christ reincarnated but I don’t this k there is any clear evidence to suggest May is better
    Not going all Ronnie Moore ? ................... but I don’t this k there is any clear evidence ........ Are you sure ?  :D 
    You’ve got me, I’m now in Ronnie Moore mode …?
  • Options
    You don’t know that.

I don’t know how you’ve looked at Alfie May playing in League One and Matt Godden playing in the Championship and decided that you can conclude that Alfie is definitively the better player.

Last time Godden played in League One he scored a goal every 141 minutes. Last three seasons Alfie has scored every 151, 168 and 154 minutes.
    Let’s see where both are at the end of the season shall we.