Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    I can only imagine the social media silence of today is in part due to the timing of announcements and lining things up, perhaps there's some moving parts at play that they're holding off on. Alternatively the social media managers phone and laptop have both packed it in so they're out getting it fixed atm. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Scoham said:

I’m expecting it to be Godden / Kanu and Leaburn / New Target Man plus Aneke.

I’d be surprised if we signed a third striker and sent Kanu out on loan. He didn’t sign a long term deal only to be loaned out, and Jones likes developing young players.
    So it’s Ahadme as the 5th? That would be a very decent front line
    Add Walton as the GK, Sonny Bradley as the experienced cb, Bishop plus another attacking midfielder/playmaker and that’s a promotion pushing team
    Don't know much about Ahadme to be honest, his stats aren't particularly impressive, only one "OK" season at Cambridge (& yes he's young)but it seems a lot of people on here seem very keen on us signing him. Is this based on one decent game against our rubbish defence or is there any actual knowledge of his strengths. Genuine question
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Brum tweeting their pre-announce video of May…we’ll resign him on his birthday (tomorrow) when he’ll be a year older and therefore get a cut rate price 🙌
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    cfgs said:
    May is gone, the important thing is what happens now.  We need someone through the door to lift the squad and the fans, that isn't Godden.  
    We've swapped Alfie May for Godden

I don't understand

Godden doesn't fit the profile of striker Jones wants (allegedly) @DubaiCAFC ?   Care to explain?

If it isn't about money why Godden when May has 20+ goals 3 seasons running?!
    Issue is, agent of May was making other clubs aware that May wasn't happy at Charlton for whatever reason.. May doesn't like Jones style, and wanted to leave.. Jones couldn't and wouldn't guarantee he would be week in week out start. Charlton are getting a good deal, May is getting an even better deal, just feels like it is a good deal for all.

Godden in my opinion is a good replacement for May, similar type of player and done the goods at a higher-level and is happy to fight for his place. 

As Ben said in his baking cake statement, let's see where we are at the end of the window.. You have to remember, every single club is battling for players, some will come and some won't that is football for you.. But for me, the profile of players we have signed so far is what we need to be doing, they are a good age, points to prove.   
    From what I was told from a trustworthy source, May was fine to stay and see out his contract at a minimum, and it was Jones decision for him to leave. 

It would then be the agents job to ask around at who would like to sign his newly available player. You make it sound like the agent made first move, that is not what I was told. 
    So see out his contract and we get nothing next season or cash In for 1m and reinvest in the squad. No brainer
    Get promoted this season with a new defence or sell the leagues best striker to a rival and don’t get promoted, no brainer!
    This doesn’t make sense ?
    I know, selling the leagues best striker to a rival doesn’t make sense, I knew you’d come round eventually.
    No your post didn’t make sense but then you very rarely do. 
    Ouch, bit personal! I simply have a different view to you. All this spin that Alfie is moving to Yorkshire for his wife (now moving to Brum), we can’t turn down the silly money (it’s now not silly money) and he’s the wrong type of player (we’re replacing him with a very similar, but older player) doesn’t wash with a lot of fans. Despite the spin from the ODL (Owners Defence League), from the outside, the clubs looks as if it’s lacking the ambition to secure promotion.
    Tbf none of this came from the club.
    Charlton simply said Jones didn't have to sell anyone and the transfers are down to him. End of.
  • Options
    I was buzzing when I handed my notice in at my last job tbf. 
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1808198451517170094?s=46

Genuine guy. Bet those who slagged him or Nathan Jones off feel like a bit of a tit now. 
    I didn’t do either so I’m in the clear, but I have sat through enough insincere and inaccurate leaving speeches in my time to not take a footballer’s video as gospel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved him playing for us and have no hard feelings towards him.
    But he has gone, the King is dead, long live the King
  • Options
    Best of luck Alfie and thanks for everything you gave us last year, promise me one thing if you can, please don't score against us at The Covered End ok...🙏
    Or at the JS either please!
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Best of luck Alfie and thanks for everything you gave us last year, promise me one thing if you can, please don't score against us at The Covered End ok...🙏
    Or at the JS either please!
    Fair enough, but The Covered End is special...
  • Options
    I was led to believe there would be a shit sandwich of signings? All I see is a steaming pile of turd and no second piece of bread to hide it
    It’s been just over an hour…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was led to believe there would be a shit sandwich of signings? All I see is a steaming pile of turd and no second piece of bread to hide it
    By who? Because idle speculation on CL doesn't count
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    By who? Because idle speculation on CL doesn't count
    Idle speculation taken as gospel is what we live for
  • Options
    Is ahadme the other striker we are in for or is there anyone else.
  • Options
    Etete is another who’s been mentioned, we were linked with him last summer and he’s a big physical striker, so he also seems a realistic possible signing.
  • Options
    I feel for the kids who bought shirts with May on the back, can they get a refund?
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Scoham said:
    Etete is another who’s been mentioned, we were linked with him last summer and he’s a big physical striker, so he also seems a realistic possible signing.
    Wouldn’t be at all shocked to see both of them are signed up if Leaburn can’t agree a new contract before the end of the window…
  • Options
    I feel for the kids who bought shirts with May on the back, can they get a refund?
    Can't buy the shirt, they've gone missing, please keep up!.
  • Options
    Especially after he was phoning fans who hadn't renewed season tickets