Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:
    Scoham said:
    It’ll be funny if it’s someone other than Godden
    A big banner on the screen reads, ‘Unfinished business’ and who’s this walking slowly through the dry ice?

Welcome back Raza Ghoochannejhad. 

<3<3 Reza <3<3

❤️❤️Prince Of Iran. Score some goals!!!! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Remember the sky game under Bowyer when Bishop and Charles just ran us ragged for 90 mins for Accrington. 
    me too, what's depressing is 2 seasons ago we could have had the pair of them for less than we sold May for
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Redhenry said:
    Interesting that lots on here have an opinion of Adahme, nobody on here has seen him play more than 180 mins is my guess...
    Over the years I've noticed a pattern. When a player is first rumoured until the point they sign for us, there is a noticeable shift - they slowly become more and more highly rated. 

(Of course there are exceptions, like Marquis).
  • Options
    It's called desperation. We're become more and more desperate for a player and so the rumoured players get seen through a rose tinted lens more and more as we get more desperate. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I know it’s a rumours thread, so apologies, but Reza is the only player I’ve ever seen pick the ball up on one touchline and dribble the full width of the pitch without making any forwards progress. 
    Don't give Gareth Southgate any ideas, or he'll be asking Saka to do the same on Saturday.
  • Options
    Well that's our signing for this week done and dusted. Settle down folks and continue to discuss if Godden, May & Dobson as a front 3 would get us out this league 
  • Options

Obviously another striker (or two since departure if May) is essential, but looking back at the goals for us last season, we really need a goal scoring midfielder to be coming in (I don't know much about Berry, so maybe he's the player to do it) and changing the narrative of how we spread our goals out. 

Outside of those six above, we only scored another 18 goals through players scoring once or twice each. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 3
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    Can't see Taylor leaving, he's a very well thought off player who had bad luck with injuries
    Is he though?
    Is he well thought of? Played age group football for 2 different nations, including captaining Wales U21 and is highly rated by NTT20 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/12780543/21-under-21-terry-taylor-of-burton-albion
    Same NTT20 boys who said we had one of the best squads in the league last year...
    No one has a 100% hit rate
    That Ezra guy also thinks Appleton is a brilliant manager. They are just two blokes. 

The more prescient question is whether Taylor is highly thought of by Jones, and there's not much evidence for that so far.
    They’re one and the same person.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    ButtleJR said:
    Rich mentions in his Alfie may podcast today that he thinks the other striker that comes in with be the one with the onus to score goals will be on.
    Interesting given that Godden is considered a fox in the box goalscorer. I wonder if he is bought as the bench option when all are fit? Would suggest there is a player out there were after who we have not been publically linked with as Etete & Ahadme don't come with the strongest goalscoring records. 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Yeah I listened to Rich's podcast as if the plan is AN Other and Leaburn as the main front pair. Godden,Aneke,Kanu rotate as and when 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Stewart said:
    I know someone that knows someone that said the next CF in was playing in the Premiership last season. 
    Not a chance. What PL CF isn’t on £20k at least. That’s if he’s a kid.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I know someone that knows someone that said the next CF in was playing in the Premiership last season. 
    Not a chance
    We will see
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Not a CF but lets not forget Berry was playing in the Prem last season 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Who was Luton’s 4th choice last year?
    Woodrow? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Wasn’t some Forest kid linked a while back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 3
    1mil for Gasson linked on Sky
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    The West Ham lad possibly, not that he was actually playing for them. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Played 5 PL games for West Ham last season. 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Played 5 PL games for West Ham last season. 
    More than I thought, presumably just a few minutes off the bench. 

Sunderland the latest to be linked wit him. 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Seems a goer, can't really argue with that. Isn't my money, and fair play if they're spending a fee like that.