Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    TeeC said:
    last time spent £1m on a player? Any advance on Izale McLeod?
    Super Naby Sarr?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Would imagine a lot of that fee is payable upon us being promoted 

Yep I woudl be shocked if we are paying 1m upfront. 
  • Options
    Ipswich will be happy with that if true, they've made a bigger profit on Ahadme than we have on May. 

In a way that is crazy considering the goal stats from each of them in last couple of years. I guess them being a premier league side now counts for something.  
  • Options
    Ipswich will be happy with that if true, they've made a bigger profit on Ahadme than we have on May. 

In a way that is crazy considering the goal stats from each of them in last couple of years. I guess them being a premier league side now counts for something.  
    Ahadme being 8 years younger with the potential to improve will count some way towards that.

May likely only has a couple of years (if that) in his prime.
  • Options
    On the plus side Ahadme does have age on his side, and if we can get the best out of him will prove an excellent asset...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ahadme being 8 years younger with the potential to improve will count some way towards that.

May likely only has a couple of years (if that) in his prime.
    Good point, I hadn't realised Ahadme is only 23. 
  • Options
    edited July 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit more positive on here today…….. these things take time. The signings look good on paper as they did last season, let’s see what we look like at the start of the season!

Do you know if anything else is close? 
  • Options
    Sounds like good business to me seeing as he got 11 in 29 for Cambridge.
    looking at players who scored 10 or more goals he is 5th or 6th in the list of minutes per goal.
    He’s young and should hopefully improve.
    There’s no way we are paying 1m for him up front.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bit more positive on here today…….. these things take time. The signings look good on paper as they did last season, let’s see what we look like at the start of the season!
    Any more possible this week beyond Ahadme?
  • Options
    If Gassan Ahadme does join that leaves us with the following. 

Leaburn (Just coming back from Injury)
    Ahadme (Out for a fair amount of time last year)
    Godden (Not exactly in his prime) 
    Kanu
    Aneke (Can't rely on him to be available ) 

I'd be a little worried about the availability of these players personally
    It will also probably conclude our striker business. 

If they're all fit and firing we are laughing, as it's a good set of options all with different qualities. 

Can't grumble at the club though, they've sold May, and it looks likely they've spent more than what they sold him for on 2 strikers to replace him. Whether or not it will work out, none of us know, but credit where it's due.
    I think we’ll need one more up front. We now have Godden, Ahadme (?) Kanu and no guarantees regarding Leaburn and Aneke. That’s three definitely and two maybes. I think one more will come in and possibly we’ll see Kanu out on loan.
  • Options
    Ahadme fits the profile. I'm not sure he's worth £1 mil but hey, it's not my money. 
  • Options

Kanu

If they're all fit and firing we are laughing, as it's a good set of options all with different qualities. 

Can't grumble at the club though, they've sold May, and it looks likely they've spent more than what they sold him for on 2 strikers to replace him. Whether or not it will work out, none of us know, but credit where it's due.

Also means we can manage chucks propley and not overuse him

if we can get 25 games out of him from the bench that would be brilliant  
    My worry with Chuks is if say Godden gets injured and we have a run of Saturday/Tuesday's and we want to rotate our front two can we trust him to start a game and not break down?

With Will Abbott around I am feeling more positive about Chuks this season to be honest.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Ahadme fits the profile. I'm not sure he's worth £1 mil but hey, it's not my money. 
    It is in a round about way...🤔🙄
  • Options

Kanu

I think we’ll need one more up front. We now have Godden, Ahadme (?) Kanu and no guarantees regarding Leaburn and Aneke. That’s three definitely and two maybes. I think one more will come in and possibly we’ll see Kanu out on loan.

Been mentioned elsewhere Kanu out on loan and someone coming in on loan as a replacement but I get the impression Jones really rates Kanu.