Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    I feel for the kids who bought shirts with May on the back, can they get a refund?
    Can't buy the shirt, they've gone missing, please keep up!.
    I meant last season!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Probably Championship bound, but would love for us to go for Karamoko Dembèlè after his release from Brest. Was excellent at Blackpool last season and at 21, has such an upside.

Would be excellent but no hope. Birmingham may have the financial resources, otherwise Championship you would think.  

I see Shoretire left Man Utd, remember someone linking us with him but he will end up Championship or abroad I guess.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    My concern with a forward line of Godden, Leaburn, Ahadme, Aneke and Kanu is not ability, but fitness. Ahadme has spent a fair bit of time out injured in recent season, Godden is 33 and not played as a regular starter for years. We know about Aneke and Leaburn’s issues 

At least more of them are able to play up front on their own, so in an injury crisis we might be ok. But striker injuries keep derailing our seasons so I think it’s definitely a risk when we are losing a player in May that has a very good fitness record 
    If they're rotated no e of them will get overloaded.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Probably Championship bound, but would love for us to go for Karamoko Dembèlè after his release from Brest. Was excellent at Blackpool last season and at 21, has such an upside.
    If we got him it would be who finishing second 
  • Options
    £500k as a bid for Ahadme sounds absolutely fine. Don't think I'd offer much more than that unless it was in add-ons. Ipswich wanting £1m sounds quite steep. I know Kion Etete has been mentioned too but I'm not overly convinced by his lack of goals. 

Hopefully NJ has a few different options lined up. 
  • Options
    If 1m is buying Ahadme, surely that sort of money is getting you Dion Charles? I know who I'd rather have
  • Options
    edited July 3
    CAFCDAZ said:
    If 1m is buying Ahadme, surely that sort of money is getting you Dion Charles? I know who I'd rather have
    Dion Charles is going to be more the Matt Godden / Alfie May type Striker though. If Jones wants a bullying type striker alongside Godden, then Charles would be the wrong signing.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    £500k as a bid for Ahadme sounds absolutely fine. Don't think I'd offer much more than that unless it was in add-ons. Ipswich wanting £1m sounds quite steep. I know Kion Etete has been mentioned too but I'm not overly convinced by his lack of goals. 

Cheers Andy ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    It depends what role Jones sees Godden playing. If he’s more of a May replacement to compete with Kanu then we still need another target man to compete with Leaburn. We need the right mix rather than the best five strikers we can sign.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Cheers Andy ;)

Hahahah! ;) , I still wouldn't be surprised to see a striker on loan and a decent fee on a creative midfielder.
  • Options
    Hope you’re right. I think Ahadme would be a really good signing 
  • Options
    Bishop looks ok but I think we need a proper number 10 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Berry can play 10 and 8, not sure where NJ sees him for us

• Options
    I'd take Bishop as an option for one of the No8 roles definitely but he's not an out and out creator. Will be interesting if as RedHenry says above if Berry is seen as a No10. 
  • Options
    I might have misheard it, but I'm pretty sure Jones said that Berry will play the 10/CAM role in his interview the other day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our midfield is looking very light. Berry and Coventry are the only senior players. Are we really only going to get one more?
  • Options
    I might have misheard it, but I'm pretty sure Jones said that Berry will play the 10/CAM role in his interview the other day.
    Yeah I think he called him an attacking midfielder. It wouldn’t surprise me if Berry is the first choice there with Anderson and Campbell as alternatives.
  • Options
    That's fine he looks a good player, but he's very injury prone. We need cover and ideally some pace
  • Options
    I think Dobson & Ahadme will be with us before next week’s trip to Slovenia.

Then hopefully a GK (Walton), CB (Bradley) & creative midfielder before the season starts.
    Not sure at all about Walton, that's going to take an age if so as Ipswich have already lost their Goalkeeper that got them promoted last season.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd take Bishop as an option for one of the No8 roles definitely but he's not an out and out creator. Will be interesting if as RedHenry says above if Berry is seen as a No10. 
    I think Bishop would only be a squad option.. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Would be absolutely fine with that actually. Badly need depth in the midfield and he's got plenty of experience if the question marks about fitness with him 
  • Options
    edited July 3
    DubaiCAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Is a good aquad player. If Taylor goes can see him getting a deal.  Although RC said we are only looking at 1 centre mid unles sthat is with no one leaving. 
  • Options
    I expect it's 1 CM if everyone stays as is and 2 if Taylor goes. I'm not really counting Henry as I expect he'll be off either to the National League or Notts County with Stuart Maynard the ex Wealdstone manager.