Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pets

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:
    seth plum said:
    Anybody got a Norwegian Forest Cat?
    They look like big buggers.
    I like animals and all non human creatures quite a lot, but cats, cats I absolutely adore the little bastards.
    They’re about the same size as a Maine Coon.

This is the day we picked them out at the breeders. How could we resist these two?

I've a Norweigan forest cat, and yes I can confirm they are absolute sh1t heads! Often mistaken for a Maine coon

We got ours from Battersea, we were last chance saloon as he'd been brought back a few times, passed to Battersea as the other cats protection couldn't cope, needed a welding glove to enter the cage! They called me and I was told it's us or the vet!

But, fast forward about 4 months I managed to train him so that his first instinct wasn't to attack, and now it's rare that he does, and I know the signs so deal with it before he does. Only one downside is they are fantastic hunters, a mouse a week minimum and I wouldn't leave him alone with a baby.

Do you have a photo?
    Running a cattery, I too own a pair of those gloves 🫣😱🤣🤣🤣
  • fadgadget said:
    Our Patterdale Terrier , Thor who is a rescue Dog , still trying to find where the battery's are to slow him down, 100% energy ball all day .
    They have a brown button at the back that might be the on / off button.  :D
    Tried that, but they must be leaking as it's a bit wet .
  •  Granddaughter Millie returning the dogs to the car after early morning exercise at school. 

• I may have posted these before, but can’t be arsed to check 😃

My 2 boys - Holkham Beach, Xmas Day 2019 

What funny names for dogs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Boots went off to have his man bits seen to.
    The place feels completely empty without him 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
  • Don't expect to be his best friend when he comes back either!
  • IdleHans said:
    Don't expect to be his best friend when he comes back either!
    I sent himself to pick him up 😜🤣🤣
  • Only just seen this thread but we got Floyd nearly 8 months ago and we went under that unbeaten run with Nathan Jones. I’m hoping (and so is Floyd) that continues this season….loves a good Charlton sock too! 
    Some sort of poodle? Beauty of a pooch btw.
  • Happy Birthday Skip you gorgeous boy!
  • I am proper pining for my cats now. Everytime I see a cat in the street I want to catnap it. 
  • Lovely pictures of your precious boy both in words & photos .

Brought a lump to my throat ( NOT a lucky humbug...) thinking of our "Timeshare" cavachon, Jasper who's 13 now. 

Bless their cotton socks x
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:
    I am proper pining for my cats now. Everytime I see a cat in the street I want to catnap it. 
    There’s only so long you can hold out 😽
  • Unless yr other half is allergic, then all you can do is admire from afar.
  • seth plum said:
    Unless yr other half is allergic, then all you can do is admire from afar.
    Mine is.

I have three cats.
  • You must be a very lucky sadist.
    But cats man, cats are so fantastic.
  • Rizzo said:
    I am proper pining for my cats now. Everytime I see a cat in the street I want to catnap it. 
    There’s only so long you can hold out 😽
    Beware, he could be after goats, he be wanting to kidnap them.
  • seth plum said:
    You must be a very lucky sadist.
    Spookily enough, his allergies have decreased from exposure.
    It works.
    Oh & I have to hoover every day but that’s a small price to pay 🤗
  • seth plum said:
    You must be a very lucky sadist.
    Spookily enough, his allergies have decreased from exposure.
    It works.
    Oh & I have to hoover every day but that’s a small price to pay 🤗
    I agree.

When I first moved in with Mrs D in 2014, we'd just moved into her renovated house when her 2 cats which had stayed at her Mum's came home after a month.  Within days, I was literally destroyed.  Asthma, chest infection, coughing continuously, itchy eyes, it was so bad after 6 weeks that she'd even asked her Mum if they could come back and live with her.  Then all of a sudden, my body got used to them and it stopped.  No symptoms whatsoever.

Its been the same this time round when we got the new kittens.  I really struggled for a couple of weeks, popping antihistamines like there was no tomorrow and it was cursing my wife.  But thankfully, again, my body suddenly got used to them and I'm absolutely fine now without having to take tablets.  They can cuddle up to me on the sofa, sit on my lap and literally be an inch away from my face and nothing happens (thankfully!).

I'll see if I can find the picture of me asleep with our old cat Gangsta curled up literally under my chin...

• there you go, and I'm highly allergic to the damn cats :)
  • seth plum said:
    Unless yr other half is allergic, then all you can do is admire from afar.
    Mine is.

I have three cats.
    Cats before people.