Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pets

Comments

• Not sure how but he’s managed to scrape himself behind his ear and won’t stop scratching it. Had to put a cone in on him after we’d cleaned it up, he’s not happy.

• A cat in a box, I never noticed they like them :)
  • Not sure how but he’s managed to scrape himself behind his ear and won’t stop scratching it. Had to put a cone in on him after we’d cleaned it up, he’s not happy.

Beautiful cat.
  • Owners who do not microchip cats face £500 fines

All cats in England must be microchipped and registered on a database from Monday under new laws.

The new legislation applies to all cats aged 20 weeks and older, including indoor cats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c7221y677nqo

• clive said:

Owners who do not microchip cats face £500 fines

All cats in England must be microchipped and registered on a database from Monday under new laws.

The new legislation applies to all cats aged 20 weeks and older, including indoor cats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c7221y677nqo

Sadly, it’s impossible to police as it is with dogs.
    It’s again the minority that think they are the exception.
    Those that can be bothered will get them chipped and not registerer which is the expensive bit (20/25?) for life which is from memory. 

That’s known as an Elizabethan Collar. 
    Or for the more pedantic amongst you…..a ginger Tom Cat wearing an Elizabethan Collar. 🥹
  • Sponsored links:

That’s known as an Elizabethan Collar. 
    Or for the more pedantic amongst you…..a ginger Tom Cat wearing an Elizabethan Collar. 🥹
    Otherwise known as the cone of shame 🫤
  • Rizzo said:
    Friday was a shit day. One of our cats, Dexter, was breathing hard for no apparent reason. Took him to vets and they found fluid on his heart and lungs. They drained that but found a tumour in his chest. He's back home with us for now but the fluid will return at some stage and at that point he's probably going to have to be put to sleep. Making the most of our remaining time with him but dreading the day we have to make that decision. 

Sadly, Dexter had to be put to sleep on Thursday night, when the fluid returned less than a week after being drained.  :'(

Had to go to the emergency vets in Foots Cray as it was out of hours and have to say, every person there, staff and punters, was incredibly nice. The vet who administered the drugs was such a kind, sympathetic person and that helped so much when saying goodbye to our gorgeous little boy. 

Having got a mother and two kittens just over 13 years ago, we've now lost both kittens. The mum is still with us but sadly she developed a blood clot last week which has rendered her front right leg lame. In the process of investigating that, they also found a mass in her chest. So we now have to assess her quality of life and know that, even if the blood clot issue is resolved, she's only got a few months left at best.

It's not been a good couple of weeks at Chez Rizzo!.
  • Rizzo you have my sympathy. I love cats, and am sure you have given your cats the best life.
    So sorry to hear about Dexter, but I feel sure you will recall all the loving, cheeky, mad, irritating yet glorious times you had with Dexter and all your cats.
    Best wishes to you and yours.
  • edited June 10
    Oh no ! SO sorry to hear this update. 

Thinking of you & your family at this difficult time x
  • I'm so sorry that you are going through the pain of losing much loved members of your family Rizzo.

We had to take that decision with our last 2 cats, they were brother and sister. Our beloved boy Poddy developed a heart condition when he was only 12, he got so stressed when we tried to give him the drugs that would keep him alive  that we felt we couldn't put him through that any longer. 

Pippy lived until she was 18 and we had to take the decision to put her to sleep two and a half years ago. It was very hard but the right time as she no longer had a good quality of life.

We miss them both very much but we have wonderful memories of their time with us.

You will have your memories and will know that you gave them love and a good life.
  • Sorry for your loss rizzo
  • Very sad to hear this Rizzo. All you can do is love them and know they loved you back. 
  • Thank you all for your kind words. Making the most of our remaining time with Poppy (the mum), however long that may be. She's not too keen on us at the moment though as we have to give her half a dozen tablets every day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:
    Thank you all for your kind words. Making the most of our remaining time with Poppy (the mum), however long that may be. She's not too keen on us at the moment though as we have to give her half a dozen tablets every day. 
    I am dreading the fast approaching day when we say goodbye to our cat (17) and dog (12).  Both huge members of the family and the heartbreak is always severe.
  • Sending all my love to you Rizzo ❤️
  • Just catching up on the thread.  Sorry Rizzo, that's heartbreaking to read this morning.  Thinking of you.
  • Fantastic photo!!
  • By the looks of it, its not quite sharp enough at 1/1000th of a second.  But then again, I was shooting it in rubbish light after 7pm indoors without a flash.
    So will be revisiting when I get a chance.  Milo is the biggest jumper out of the kittens, he'll be the one to get! 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Meanwhile, something a bit uplifting (literally), my 5yo asked me if I could try and take a picture of our kittens jumping.

Hmm, well I like a challenge...
    Here's first attempt at getting Kit Kat in mid flight...

The jellybeans 😻
  • edited June 13
    Went to the dog beach in Rimini with JJ. You can rent a fair sized enclosure with umbrella and two sunbeds for 30 euros per day. You bolt yourself in so the  dog can run around freely. When we were in Florence we asked at the Hard Rock Cafe whether JJ was allowed in the dining area. The waiter said, you have to understand that in Italy, dogs are our family of course they are allowed in. The same is true for most places. I was suprised he was allowed in Pompeii, even the museum bits. You do have to carry him in those which is why they stipulate small to small medium dogs only I suppose.
  • Heart-breaking to hear of those having to say goodbye to their companions, my best wishes to you all.