Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pets

Comments

• Friday was a shit day. One of our cats, Dexter, was breathing hard for no apparent reason. Took him to vets and they found fluid on his heart and lungs. They drained that but found a tumour in his chest. He's back home with us for now but the fluid will return at some stage and at that point he's probably going to have to be put to sleep. Making the most of our remaining time with him but dreading the day we have to make that decision. 

• I am sorry to hear about that Rizzo.
    The only comfort you can take is you gave your cat a lovely life, and were there for them all along.
    Best wishes.
  • Rizzo said:
    Friday was a shit day. One of our cats, Dexter, was breathing hard for no apparent reason. Took him to vets and they found fluid on his heart and lungs. They drained that but found a tumour in his chest. He's back home with us for now but the fluid will return at some stage and at that point he's probably going to have to be put to sleep. Making the most of our remaining time with him but dreading the day we have to make that decision. 

That’s hard to take.
    Love to you ❤️
  • Sorry to hear that Rizzo. You probably already have some great memories, now's the time to make some more.
  • Oh man, sorry @Rizzo.
  • Sadly our Granddaughter Millie often seen with our dogs lost her own dog this morning.
    Diagnosed with a brain tumour and at 15 she had a fantastic life but the decision was made it was her time.
    Millie while accustomed to dogs and their departing with our three leaving us in the space of two years, this dog was there daily so I don’t envy her parents when she finishes school later today. 
    Run to the Bridge Lola, our guys will take care of you x

• T_C_E said:
    Sadly our Granddaughter Millie often seen with our dogs lost her own dog this morning.
    Diagnosed with a brain tumour and at 15 she had a fantastic life but the decision was made it was her time.
    Millie while accustomed to dogs and their departing with our three leaving us in the space of two years, this dog was there daily so I don’t envy her parents when she finishes school later today. 

Very sorry to hear that. Dealing with kids is one of the hardest parts of losing a pet. Our kids are a bit older (11 and 9) than Millie but we're still trying to work out the best way to deal with it when the time comes to make the decision on our cat. Really feel for you and Millie.  
  • Rizzo said:
    T_C_E said:
    Sadly our Granddaughter Millie often seen with our dogs lost her own dog this morning.

Very sorry to hear that. Dealing with kids is one of the hardest parts of losing a pet. Our kids are a bit older (11 and 9) than Millie but we're still trying to work out the best way to deal with it when the time comes to make the decision on our cat. Really feel for you and Millie.  
    Millie is eight now, we’ve made sure she was taught from an early age how to behave around our dogs at home and at school as well as their expected lifespan.
    She often talks about the dogs we’ve lost both to us and children at school about her part in Bow’s training. She’s a tough girl but four dogs in two years for one so young. 😢
  • T_C_E said:

Very sad to hear Ray

However that is a brilliant picture - little tiny girl, massive dogs, but they look so chilled 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sleep tight, Lola.

Sending a big hug for Millie. x
  • T_C_E said:

Very sad to hear Ray

However that is a brilliant picture - little tiny girl, massive dogs, but they look so chilled 
    Thanks, the dogs were always very chilled around Millie and likewise her around them. All are very precious to us so mutual respect is a requirement not a request 😉

• Never mind kids, losing animals as a fully formed (apparently) adult is awful. I’ve never been able to keep my composure with loss of pets. I held myself together better with the loss of a parent better than I did when we last had to put one of our animals sleep
  • My daughter is scared of dogs for no apparent reason. She's never had any bad experience with them but she makes us cross the road if there's one on the pavement and she's a nervous wreck in parks.
  • Rizzo said:
    My daughter is scared of dogs for no apparent reason. She's never had any bad experience with them but she makes us cross the road if there's one on the pavement and she's a nervous wreck in parks.

How old is she @Rizzo ?
  • Rizzo said:
    My daughter is scared of dogs for no apparent reason. She's never had any bad experience with them but she makes us cross the road if there's one on the pavement and she's a nervous wreck in parks.

How old is she @Rizzo ?
    She's 9. Been this way for a few years now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    Rizzo said:
    You’re welcome to bring her down and meet Millie and the dogs, it’s all free of charge. 

That's what I did @Rizzo it was a big help for my grand-daughters.
  • edited June 4
    T_C_E said:
    Rizzo said:
    You’re welcome to bring her down and meet Millie and the dogs, it’s all free of charge. 

That's what I did @Rizzo it was a big help for my grand-daughters.
    Funny enough I found this the other day 💪
    Hows she doing, she must be all grown up now 😉

• She's ten now, and is perfectly at home with Skip.
  • She's ten now, and is perfectly at home with Skip.
    Oh wow………So she’s one of the very lucky ones to get hands on JJ. 

• We bought some cat mint for our herb planter, not realising it’s actually cat nip. Ours won’t leave it alone 

• edited June 5
    @DaveMehmet are you sure you didn't realise? :)  At least they don't need Rizla's.
  • @DaveMehmet are you sure you didn't realise? :)  At least they don't need Rizla's.
    Yes mate, we got it from a church fete and it didn't have the usual info that you get with plants from a garden centre!
  • Also available in XL @JohnBoyUK
    Millie playing football with Valli (white strip) and Bow skins (forgot his pe kit)