Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pets

Comments

• I will try to work on Mrs P, but then she’ll complain about cats damaging furniture and knocking things off shelves.
    She likes cats at a distance, will even treat the scrounging visitor(s) but having one in the house would be too much for her.
    It is a cross I have to bear.
  • Anyone how I stop dogs non stop barking at the dogs on the tele or whining .. can't watch anything with dogs or cats as they just don't stop lol
  • edited August 17
    Billyboy said:
    Anyone how I stop dogs non stop barking at the dogs on the tele or whining .. can't watch anything with dogs or cats as they just don't stop lol

I would suggest turn the sound down and when your dog stops barking reward him for his good behaviour.  Rinse and repeat as it's the new behaviour he needs to learn.
  • Not really pets but my two best laying hens have gone over the rainbow bridge in the last couple of weeks. Got them just after lockdown and they were two of the most prolific layers I've ever had, but time catches up. Sweet dreams Minnie and Bluebell. Just our four Bantams left now.
  • Not really pets but my two best laying hens have gone over the rainbow bridge in the last couple of weeks. Got them just after lockdown and they were two of the most prolific layers I've ever had, but time catches up. Sweet dreams Minnie and Bluebell. Just our four Bantams left now.
    Sorry to hear this 🙏  rip
    will you replace them?
    Oh bless them. Nest in peace Minnie and Bluebell.

• Hal1x said:
    Not really pets but my two best laying hens have gone over the rainbow bridge in the last couple of weeks. Got them just after lockdown and they were two of the most prolific layers I've ever had, but time catches up. Sweet dreams Minnie and Bluebell. Just our four Bantams left now.
    will you replace them?

Not at the moment. They were the last two of a flock of eight hens and I need a new hen house which is not on the agenda at the moment.  I still have four bantams who lay almost every day.
  • Man chickens are a hard one. At one time both of my neighbours had them and I loved it, loads of fresh eggs at the cost of giving them empty egg boxes. When one neighbour moved they took the chooks with them and my other neighbour sadly was the victim of a fox attack, fucking thing didn't even eat them just got in their coop and massacred them leaving the bodies behind. I'd formed a bond with a few if them as they got them from chicks and I'd helped out with them a handful of times. Previously I saw chickens as egg producing sources of protein for human consumption and would watch a great aunt nut them, pluck them and de-guts them with fascination as a kid but the thought of those girls being so frightened as that arsehole fox tore all their mates apart made me pretty sad. Shows how foxes that live in suburbia and eat well from human cast offs and bin day never really lose the instinct to kill chickens or things lower in the food chain 
  • edited August 19
    Foxes generally kill all their prey for two reasons. Firstly the thrill of the kill, it is after all a predatory animal and secondly it's a larder full of food for later.  We humans usually scuttle the second part by removing the dead animals, in this case chickens.  We are fortunate in that we haven't lost any of our chickens to foxes despite there being plenty around here, but it is a constant battle making sure every aspect is covered and is helped by having Skip around in the garden.  More often than not you will find that if somebody loses their hens to foxes, the fox has discovered the weak point in gaining access to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cats are not welcome in my garden, but they just don't seem to get it.

• The cat is Proudhon.
  • After a little visit today from a young lady introduced to us by a Charlton fan a couple of years ago, originally so frightened of dogs she ran in front of a car to get away from an approaching dog despite it being on the lead.
    All because previously she was bitten by a dog that “doesn’t normally do that” 🤷‍♂️
    When we first met her she started slowly by just walking by my car with our dog securely inside, then progressed the dog loose the other side of the fence and 50 minutes later she was walking Bailey.
    Today although saddened by the news Bailey was no longer with us a very much more confident girl approached Valli today with no eye contact stopped a yard short and let Valli approach her. 
    As we walked she spoke how she deals with any dogs she meets when out in comparison to when we first met.
    We laughed about the message her dad sent me after the success a couple of years back. Which simply said 
    “She now wants a dog” 😂
    Ammena in the last photo meeting while her younger sister tried to hide from the camera 😂
    This weekend we’ll be at the preschool summer fair with Bowyer hopefully raising funds for another worthy cause and meeting the really little ones. 

• Sometimes I look at my dog and I can’t help laughing out loud!

Awesome!
  • edited August 22
    Whats special about the Ocean Inn Pub may I ask? Just being nosey.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 22
    _MrDick said:

Meet Elsie. She’s my 1 year old Maltepooh. She barks at @DaveMehmet cat and pees in his front garden. 

Who doesn't?  Lovely girl.
  • _MrDick said:

Meet Elsie. She’s my 1 year old Maltepooh. She barks at @DaveMehmet cat and pees in his front garden. 

shocking comb over!
  • fadgadget said:
    My 3 year old Patterdale Terrier . 

A bit early to put up your Christmas tree isn’t it?
  • fadgadget said:
    My 3 year old Patterdale Terrier . 

A bit early to put up your Christmas tree isn’t it?
    Every day is Christmas in my house .