Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Was Jones approached or did he apply for the position?
  • I assume Jones is a vegetarian given thou shalt not kill and all that.
  • It will be great to get this over the line. I think it does call in to question just how accurate some of the 'sources' are away from this site because to be honest there have been holes left, right and centre on what people have been posting and what happens.

Either way we need instant results or we are gone. We need to get the stands rocking from the get go, and if NJ (or anyone for that matter) can help to heal the club, it will go a long way to getting us safe this year.

We wont stay up with the current feeling at the stadium on matchday, and as I have always said, it is just as important to heal that as it is to work on processes at the training ground.

Naturally one can lead to the other, but we dont have the time for implementing processes that may take a while to get working. So this needs to be a instant resuscitation to get us breathing again and ready for the fight ahead.
  • Delivery truck at Sparrows Lane. Not sure what it means. Salvation?
    More likely crucifixion. 
  • edited February 2
    Gribbo said:
    Funny how it's perfectly fine to poke fun at Christianity.

Reckon it best to move on from his faith, whatever it may be.
    This ✅
    Be good to concentrate on his management potential...if/when he is announced that is..🙄
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Blimey.. Even Airman has posted a positive tweet...!!
    Spill the beans
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Funny how it's perfectly fine to poke fun at Christianity.

Reckon it best to move on from his faith, whatever it may be.
    I’m happy to poke fun at any and all religions. 
    Okay mate. Thanks for that 👍
  • edited February 2
    I did forecast that Jones would not come in until the window had shut, although I wonder if he had any influence to get Ramsey
  • I'll call it the right manager but wrong time.

We're severely in the brown stuff and am not sure he is a Warnock type to grab people by the scruff of the neck.

I can see us going down then it will be interesting to see how things develop.  I reckon he'll have a clause reading left by mutual consent should we drop.
    This would be the same Nathan Jones who returned to Luton in the Championship with them 6 points adrift and got 16 points from 27 to keep them up despite the team looking dead and buried. They only lost one game in that run. I know Warnock shouting at them all sounds funny but it's not like Jones doesn't have a recent history of taking a team low on confidence and points and turning them round in short order.
    I hope history repeats itself.  Only time will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Paul Hart and Chris Cohen coming in with Jones says Cawley
    Does he? I thought he said they have worked with Jones in the past so could come in. Cohen only recently took a post at Lincoln I think.
    That's all I could find n all
  • Any sign of there being a press conference today, or this likely to be announced just through os?
  • edited February 2
    Can anyone remember, were we in the relegation zone, when Pardew got appointed?
  • Can anyone remember, were we in the relegation zone, when Pardew got appointed?
    Think we were bottom 
  • edited February 2
    Published after his dismissal at previous club Southampton. (apologies if already posted elsewhere) 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/14/nathan-joness-exit-robs-us-of-the-funniest-manager-in-premier-league-history
  • Jones is the right choice for a reboot, but I just hope he can get a tune out of these players to keep us up.
  • I’m trying to figure out where the kick in the bollocks is coming from. This is Charlton. We can’t have something nice without that.
    Charlton are pleased to announce Lee Johnson as their next Manager.

We were sorry to have talks breakdown between ourselves and Nathan Jones, over a demand for an extra 50p in Wages

We look forward to the next chapter in the clubs history

www.cafc.co.uk/lee-johnson-appointed-manager
    Tony Keown new sponge man