Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Love it or not, this group mean business, and fully understand the errors so far, I truly think
    this is an exciting time for us. This lot are truly behind us.. 
    I am pleased they know they've made errors.  I sadly don't think they fully understand why though.   Otherwise finishing the window short up front, with no perceived number 10 and no quality wide options should we need to switch things up in a game tells me they don't fully understand our weaknesses yet.

I do think they seriously and fundamentally over estimated our playing squad and how much money and work was needed to arrest our decline down the league table.

I believe they will not want us to drop into Division 4.   We need a little luck to not get any further injuries.   The next month could make or break us.
    Nobody wants us to drop into Division 4 but the question is , are the players we have now one up to it and two have enough time to turn things round.
    This season is not a dead rubber yet,we need to up our game.
  • edited February 2
    Davo55 said:
    Was hoping for confirmation and announcement today. Am I the only one feeling anxious that this could yet go tits up?  
    No the deal has been done confirms Richard Crawley 
  • What time is too late to make an official announcement? 8pm??
  • Davo55 said:
    Was hoping for confirmation and announcement today. Am I the only one feeling anxious that this could yet go tits up?  
    No the deal has been done confirms Richard Crawley 
    "Indications I've had" = Done deal. 

Crawley strikes again! 

• Sponsored links:

• Probably timing the announcement for 2.45 pm tomorrow so that  they get maximum publicity on Soccer Saturday and Sunday media. Jone will walk out from the directors box wave at the people in the  ground and shake hands with Pearce & Fleming and then return to the directors box

• Gribbo said:
    What time is too late to make an official announcement? 8pm??
    After he takes the first training session on Monday!
  • Great news l feel more confident now about the future than I have for years it seems we have owners who are learning from their mistakes and investing money 
    COYR
  • It’s like buying a house…..

Just need to get to the exchange bit now, before we can bring the furniture in.
  • Would make sense to announce it in time for people to decide to go to the game tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley saying - “ Latest info is that Nathan Jones will be confirmed as #cafc’s new boss tomorrow.“

So they've finally finished having talks, more talks, intensive discussions, advanced discussions, and are now actually gonna say something...WOW!!!...can hardly wait...🥱
  • Would make sense to announce it in time for people to decide to go to the game tomorrow.
    He won't be in charge tomorrow tho

Most that will happen is he is in the stands and comes out at halftime.

Can understand why

1st game v Derby

Or

1st game v Reading

Which would you like to start you Charlton Managerial campaign with
  • At this stage they probably won’t announce it until after Saturday’s game. Not wanting a distraction and all that. 
  • I think it will get announced in the morning, 10am my guess, with a short few words but will have to wait till later, maybe even Sunday or Monday, for a full press conference although whether anyone will attend other than Charlton TV, Cawley and Mendez is open to question. Might wheel him out at half time I suppose but then he won’t get a Bovril.
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Love it or not, this group mean business, and fully understand the errors so far, I truly think
    this is an exciting time for us. This lot are truly behind us.. 
    I feel the same. This season has been a disaster, but don’t forget Oxford only just stayed up last season. Think they picked 1 win in 20 in the back-end of last season. I’m hoping it is a case of they’ve taken a back seat for the first 6 months to allow the experience football people Scott/CM/Rodwell to show what they can do whilst learning in the background. The opposite to Sandgaard who thought it was easy. No one can argue that they’ve changed their strategy in funding this window. All Charlton fans want stability hopefully, Jones and the owners will provide this. 
    Agreed.. and I have been saying it for months.. things take times. But certain fans have made there minds up.. to suck on sour grapes 
    We get it. You don’t have to say it at the end of every post. 
    Not sure you do… 
    I do. You’re hurt because you’ve become the unofficial mouthpiece for the current regime and have taken a lot of stick as a result. Now you’ve developed this siege mentality and have to keep lashing out at your imagined enemies. There’s really no need though. 
    Ignoring him Dubai -I think he was the same with me when I was giving some info on here s few years back - ITK itis syndrome - the agitant thinks that coz u are giving info out that may be of interest to fellow fans, u r there to be shot at and generally abused when u do so - if the board were full of them, u wouldn’t bother but fortunately they are in the minority and hopefully he can get some cream for it - carry on with the info, I’m sure most appreciate it 👍
    He does remind me of you actually. ITK then have a tantrum when challenged. 
    However, I do appreciate all info given sincerely, even when it turns out to be wrong. Just not keen on the repetitive attacks that come with it. 
    I’d say he contributes well to the forum - not surprised if he gets annoyed with the likes of u and similar - bumflufff or whatever his name was was another - contribute zero information and zero entertainment or interest on the board but constantly snipe away with snide comments - crack on mate if your happy with that