Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Rob said:
    At this stage they probably won’t announce it until after Saturday’s game. Not wanting a distraction and all that. 
    And disrespectful to Curtis Fleming. Imagine Fleming walking out tomorrow and all the focus is on the Directors box & not on the team. 

I think this has been dealt with very badly. 
    Never change Golfie.

PS. I really am on your side.
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Love it or not, this group mean business, and fully understand the errors so far, I truly think
    this is an exciting time for us. This lot are truly behind us.. 
    I am pleased they know they've made errors.  I sadly don't think they fully understand why though.   Otherwise finishing the window short up front, with no perceived number 10 and no quality wide options should we need to switch things up in a game tells me they don't fully understand our weaknesses yet.

I do think they seriously and fundamentally over estimated our playing squad and how much money and work was needed to arrest our decline down the league table.

I believe they will not want us to drop into Division 4.   We need a little luck to not get any further injuries.   The next month could make or break us.
    Nobody wants us to drop into Division 4 but the question is , are the players we have now one up to it and two have enough time to turn things round.
    This season is not a dead rubber yet,we need to up our game.
    Aside from how difficult February is, March gives us 4 aways in 6 games.

Hmmmmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does feel like a bit of a turning point if it goes ahead. Hope the club doesn't sack him if we go on a bit of a bad run like they normally do.
  • Does feel like a bit of a turning point if it goes ahead. Hope the club doesn't sack him if we go on a bit of a bad run like they normally do.
    Should Jones sign, I am certain he'll ensure a break clause if we go down this season.

He'll not want to manage in League 2, quite rightly, that's a career killer.  He's better than that.
  • supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Love it or not, this group mean business, and fully understand the errors so far, I truly think
    I am pleased they know they've made errors.  I sadly don't think they fully understand why though.   Otherwise finishing the window short up front, with no perceived number 10 and no quality wide options should we need to switch things up in a game tells me they don't fully understand our weaknesses yet.

I do think they seriously and fundamentally over estimated our playing squad and how much money and work was needed to arrest our decline down the league table.

I believe they will not want us to drop into Division 4.   We need a little luck to not get any further injuries.   The next month could make or break us.
    Nobody wants us to drop into Division 4 but the question is , are the players we have now one up to it and two have enough time to turn things round.
    This season is not a dead rubber yet,we need to up our game.
    Aside from how difficult February is, March gives us 4 aways in 6 games.

Hmmmmmm.
    6 very winnable games as well in March especially if we can build up some early momentum under Jones.
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley saying - “ Latest info is that Nathan Jones will be confirmed as #cafc’s new boss tomorrow.“

Great stuff. A kind of 'show me what u can do' match prior to him taking over 
  • Gribbo said:
    Funny how it's perfectly fine to poke fun at Christianity.

Reckon it best to move on from his faith, whatever it may be.

After Glen Hoddle lost the England job after saying a comment about reincarnation, it will be paramount if we focus on football and Nathan Jones leaves his religion sermons to a Sunday.
  • edited February 3
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I feel the same. This season has been a disaster, but don’t forget Oxford only just stayed up last season. Think they picked 1 win in 20 in the back-end of last season. I’m hoping it is a case of they’ve taken a back seat for the first 6 months to allow the experience football people Scott/CM/Rodwell to show what they can do whilst learning in the background. The opposite to Sandgaard who thought it was easy. No one can argue that they’ve changed their strategy in funding this window. All Charlton fans want stability hopefully, Jones and the owners will provide this. 
    Agreed.. and I have been saying it for months.. things take times. But certain fans have made there minds up.. to suck on sour grapes 
    We get it. You don’t have to say it at the end of every post. 
    Not sure you do… 
    I do. You’re hurt because you’ve become the unofficial mouthpiece for the current regime and have taken a lot of stick as a result. Now you’ve developed this siege mentality and have to keep lashing out at your imagined enemies. There’s really no need though. 
    Ignoring him Dubai -I think he was the same with me when I was giving some info on here s few years back - ITK itis syndrome - the agitant thinks that coz u are giving info out that may be of interest to fellow fans, u r there to be shot at and generally abused when u do so - if the board were full of them, u wouldn’t bother but fortunately they are in the minority and hopefully he can get some cream for it - carry on with the info, I’m sure most appreciate it 👍
    He does remind me of you actually. ITK then have a tantrum when challenged. 
    However, I do appreciate all info given sincerely, even when it turns out to be wrong. Just not keen on the repetitive attacks that come with it. 
    I’d say he contributes well to the forum - not surprised if he gets annoyed with the likes of u and similar - bumflufff or whatever his name was was another - contribute zero information and zero entertainment or interest on the board but constantly snipe away with snide comments - crack on mate if your happy with that 
    The irony of this part!!! 
  • Very exciting appointment and finally some optimism - hope we give him time!

The Nathan Jones song - Supremes vs Banarama, hope it’s the Supremes version getting played today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy with this appointment, shows the board are serious and spending money. Jones will not be cheap and I’m surprised we’ve managed to get him onboard but clearly the vision sold to him by the owners, has done the trick. Let’s hope for better days coming our way now. 
  • This is a miles better appointment ( provided it happens not forgetting this is CAFC) 

It's obvious the budget has changed for the better 
  • edited February 3
    As soon as the table tennis table is sold on eBay from Sparrows lane the announcement of Nathan Jones will be made.
  • edited February 3
  • Rob said:
    At this stage they probably won’t announce it until after Saturday’s game. Not wanting a distraction and all that. 
    And disrespectful to Curtis Fleming. Imagine Fleming walking out tomorrow and all the focus is on the Directors box & not on the team. 

Any focus away from our team at the moment is welcomed by me
  • Fleming came to the club knowing that things can change very quickly in the world of football. To quote Spock, ‘the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.’
  • Rob said:

Why …. ridiculous 
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    My first considered awareness of Nathan Jones was when he indeed (people doubted me when I mentioned this previously) was assistant to Chris Powell for an evening 0-0 Brighton away game in 2013.
    Hamer had a blinder, and we might have even won it near the end when Dale Stephens had his rocket shot saved. Stephens came on for Lawrie Wilson with about a quarter of an hour to go when essentially our set up had drawn Brighton's sting. Brighton had a very strong side and we were expected to lose.
    I remember the Nathan Jones angle because after the game on the Brighton Forum 'The Big Board', in the post match when many of their supporters bemoaned only getting a draw, and being far better than us, there was one poster (I can't find it in the Big Board search box, wish I could) who wrote a brilliant analysis of the game. He was particularly generous about how we played, and the artfulness we had shown negating the Brighton threat, and staying a bit of a threat ourselves. It was very detailed and pointed out how well coached and prepared we were.
    For some reason Nathan Jones and Dale Stephens both joined Brighton subsequently.
    Because of that, whenever Nathan Jones has been discussed anywhere, I find myself thinking that in football terms he isn't a mug.
    If he becomes our manager, on the face of it it seems like a major step up from Appleton, and probably Garner and Holden too, so that is a positive.
    For what it's worth I wish Nathan Jones the very best, and want him to be a winner.
    Wasn't he coaching the u21s not the first team?!
    He was slated as doing so, but I believe for that Brighton game, and maybe some others, he was fully involved with Powell.
    I am ready to be corrected, and I really wish i could lay my hands on that Brighton Supporters write up where I am pretty sure he credited Nathan Jones and Chris Powell by name.
    So you think he's good because a Brighton fan thinks he might have helped us once to get a 0-0 draw?
    You will find I wrote 'in football terms he isn't a mug'. Not that he is 'good', but yes I am influenced by having attended that game in person and reading the reaction from Brighton fans afterwards.
    Which, on recent evidence, was more than Steve Gallen was doing. “Dougie (Freedman) is my friend and he’s done us a favour there,” said Gallen." (Re Ryan Innis signing, lol)