Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited February 3
    Scoham said:
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m getting very nervous about the lack of announcement. Is it done and the comms people are doing their stuff or is it because we don’t want any distractions before a crucial game, or are negotiations still ongoing and Scott is the problem (again). Someone in the know put us out of our misery.
    Cawley’s confirmed Jones will be at the game.

• No harm having a manager who is friendly with the big fella, we need all the help we can get.
    I agree. He would fit straight into our defence.

• I would be surprised if Jones has not watched some videos of our games and still interested. Probably hoping that as we have practically changed the team it could be better 
  • Scoham said:
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m getting very nervous about the lack of announcement. Is it done and the comms people are doing their stuff or is it because we don’t want any distractions before a crucial game, or are negotiations still ongoing and Scott is the problem (again). Someone in the know put us out of our misery.

Hopefully they got him to buy a ticket, he is like anyone else in the ground until he is gainfully employed...no free loaders please, we need every penny...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't Curbs have a word with the LMA, isn't he a bigwig there?

Probably doesn't make much difference. He can still take training on Monday.
  • ross1 said:
    I would be surprised if Jones has not watched some videos of our games and still interested. Probably hoping that as we have practically changed the team it could be better 
    Also he might have thought “I wonder if this lot would perform differently if players were playing in their actual positions” and also if they would perform better if the bloke on the touchline took his hands out of his pockets and attempted to look like he gives a fuck !
  • Never knew that RE: Contracts needing legal sign off from the LMA
  • fenaddick said:

Curbishley part of that group 
  • Yeah the LMA needing sign off is a new one on me too. Never seen that mentioned before at any club. 

Probably means a Monday announcement now 
  • Macronate said:
    Never knew that RE: Contracts needing legal sign off from the LMA
    New rule, came in this morning.

Only applies to CAFC managers.
    Maybe Apples is suing us for wrongful dismissal..🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

So am I.......does that make me manager then. 
  • Macronate said:
    Never knew that RE: Contracts needing legal sign off from the LMA
    New rule, came in this morning.

Only applies to CAFC managers.
    Maybe Apples is suing us for wrongful dismissal..🙄
    Then let's sue him for impersonating a football manager.
  • edited February 3
    The LMA can’t hold any authoritative position in all of this though. Isn’t it effectively a Trade Union for managers ? Quite honestly what the effing hell has what job Nathan Jones chooses got to do with them ?
  • Never knew that RE: Contracts needing legal sign off from the LMA
    Might be something in his Saints contract re payment / severance. 

Unlikely after 12 months have elapsed since  Southampton.
  • If that had been a premiership team that would be signed off … 
  • To be fair, it’s not a bad thing! All focus needs to be on a decent performance today! The players still know they are being watched by their new gaffer anyway.