Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• I heard that the budget didn’t stretch to Carl so we had to settle for Fuck Orff. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Reckon this is gonna be a no expense spared announcement with pyrotechnics of a large exploding table tennis table. Then, darkness, a single spotlight goes onto the tunnel (so will have to be done at full-time when it's dark, or you won't see the spotlight) the drum part from O Fortuna Carmina Burana by Carl Orff will start and Jones does a reversed tunnel jump followed by a tuck jump, into a double pike jump and two roly polys to follow, through a guard of honour formed by members from The Vegan Society Against Cruelty To Amoeba, which should bring him into the centre circle (as long as he executes those moves correctly). Where the deafening sound from the rest of O Fortuna Carmina Burana will be heard across SE7, and everyone from Hornfair Park, down to The Barrier, from EA Turkish on the corner of Fairthorn Road, across to Coop Funeral Directors opposite The Albion Public House, and everyone between, will know, that Nathan has arrived.

How'd it go?
    Spot on except they used the theme tune from Mission Impossible for the music. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Reckon this is gonna be a no expense spared announcement with pyrotechnics of a large exploding table tennis table. Then, darkness, a single spotlight goes onto the tunnel (so will have to be done at full-time when it's dark, or you won't see the spotlight) the drum part from O Fortuna Carmina Burana by Carl Orff will start and Jones does a reversed tunnel jump followed by a tuck jump, into a double pike jump and two roly polys to follow, through a guard of honour formed by members from The Vegan Society Against Cruelty To Amoeba, which should bring him into the centre circle (as long as he executes those moves correctly). Where the deafening sound from the rest of O Fortuna Carmina Burana will be heard across SE7, and everyone from Hornfair Park, down to The Barrier, from EA Turkish on the corner of Fairthorn Road, across to Coop Funeral Directors opposite The Albion Public House, and everyone between, will know, that Nathan has arrived.

How'd it go?
    Spot on except they used the theme tune from Mission Impossible for the music. 
    The Benny Hill theme would suit our defending this season.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    To be fair, it’s not a bad thing! All focus needs to be on a decent performance today! The players still know they are being watched by their new gaffer anyway. 
    And they did produce a good performance for him .. Fleming said he was pleased and surprised by a what he saw 
  • fenaddick said:

So how come some clubs sack a manager and appoint a new one the following day. Does that mean the LMA have signed it off before the other is sacked? Sounds rubbish to me.
    Alan Curbishley is part of this group .. basically they don’t work weekends so it will be signed Monday 
  • fenaddick said:

So how come some clubs sack a manager and appoint a new one the following day. Does that mean the LMA have signed it off before the other is sacked? Sounds rubbish to me.
    Alan Curbishley is part of this group .. basically they don’t work weekends so it will be signed Monday 
    Lancaster Gate there headquarters then? 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    To be fair, it’s not a bad thing! All focus needs to be on a decent performance today! The players still know they are being watched by their new gaffer anyway. 
    And they did produce a good performance for him .. Fleming said he was pleased and surprised by a what he saw 
    On the basis that anything he does will be an improvement?
  • JaShea99 said:
    I know some are jokey, but I don’t get the comments about him regretting it, being mad to take the job etc. Managers are egotistical, love a challenge and always want to be the person who turns a club’s fortunes around. He’ll be watching, first of all knowing he can’t do much worse and secondly knowing that all he needs is a couple of wins to be an instant hero.
    Yep, he knows he has a reasonable squad that are underperforming. He will be confident that he will turn this around.

i reckon you can get better odds on derby going up than us going down but they didn't carve us open at will and create chance after chance.

jones will only be feeling low if he has created a Charlton life account today! I reckon that he believes he will get us 16th or above  

You can get 5/1 on us finishing top half
    You can get 9/1 on us being relegated
  • edited February 4
    My prediction is that he will be announced by the club today at 14:50.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Jones definitely a ‘done deal’?
  • Valley11 said:
    Is Jones definitely a ‘done deal’?
    Feels very ominous the lack of official announcement.
  • Blokes a magician if he can plug the holes in our defence which is exactly what he’s going to need to do. I think he’ll keep us up but it’s going to the wire I think. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    I know some are jokey, but I don’t get the comments about him regretting it, being mad to take the job etc. Managers are egotistical, love a challenge and always want to be the person who turns a club’s fortunes around. He’ll be watching, first of all knowing he can’t do much worse and secondly knowing that all he needs is a couple of wins to be an instant hero.
    Yep, he knows he has a reasonable squad that are underperforming. He will be confident that he will turn this around.

i reckon you can get better odds on derby going up than us going down but they didn't carve us open at will and create chance after chance.

jones will only be feeling low if he has created a Charlton life account today! I reckon that he believes he will get us 16th or above  

If Jones actually gets in the door and kicks some arse then 5/1 sounds a good bet...🙄
  • JaShea99 said:

If Jones actually gets in the door and kicks some arse then 5/1 sounds a good bet...🙄
    Top half ! ! ! 
    I think survival by the skin of our teeth is just about doable. 
    Our March fixtures should see us safe, on the basis that jones can get an under achieving squad to get their heads out of their arses and perofrm
  • JaShea99 said:

Top half ! ! ! 
    Our March fixtures should see us safe, on the basis that jones can get an under achieving squad to get their heads out of their arses and perofrm
    Four aways in six games will not make for an easy month.
  • JaShea99 said:

Top half ! ! ! 
    Four aways in six games will not make for an easy month.
    Tbf it wouldn’t matter if we were at home anyway.
  • Surely the LMA thing is NJ's choice? It's his trade union! He would have signed, what, 4 manager's contracts in 8 years. He's hardly going to be an expert in up to date employment contracts is he? He needs an expert to look at what he is being offered. (I suspect particularly the performance targets in his period of probation.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Blokes a magician if he can plug the holes in our defence which is exactly what he’s going to need to do. I think he’ll keep us up but it’s going to the wire I think. 
    There's enough combinations there to make some kind of improvement, surely?
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

imagine watching yesterdays match and thinking “yeah, I’ll have some of that”. Must like a challenge 
    and/or a pound note. 
  • Scoham said:

I thought it had already been signed & it was waiting for clearance from the LMA. 

More back tracking.