Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

I imagine there is a clause should we go done he leaves.
    Really?
    I cannot imagine Jones would want to try and get a team out of the 4th division.
    I hope he doesn't have to, but he has taken a team out if Div 4 already...Luton Town.
  • edited February 4
    seth plum said:
    Isn’t the season supposed to be saved by the appearance of Aneke for 30 minutes spread over three games?
    If he scores in that time yes.
  • Gribbo said:
    March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

Really?
    I cannot imagine Jones would want to try and get a team out of the 4th division.
    I hope he doesn't have to, but he has taken a team out if Div 4 already...Luton Town.
    Fair comment.
  • After watching that dross yesterday are we certain that Jones is really interested in coaching\managing us. 
    It seems odd to me that any one would want to.
  • Be interesting to see or discover what type of control Jones has. Don’t see him ceding anything in player recruitment, tactics and formation. Do we think that the hands on involvement of Brener and Friedman has authorised more direct control to Jones and away from Scott ? I think if that is the case it’s hard to see a role for Scott in his present capacity. One thing we do know about Jones is that he’s very much his own man. 
    Given the two signings last week seem to have been his choices, I make you right.
  • edited February 4
    msomerton said:
    After watching that dross yesterday are we certain that Jones is really interested in coaching\managing us. 
    This is the chance for him to rebuild after Stoke and Southampton. He knows the club, I presume he's been told what the 'owners' plans/project is and he has the chance to prove a point.  If he can do for us what he did for Luton then its win/win. So yes I do think he's more than interested to be that person that digs us out of a huge hole!
  • March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

If there is then our owners and SMT are even more stupid than any of us could have imagined. If Jones was looking for that then we should have told him to jog on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 4
    msomerton said:
    After watching that dross yesterday are we certain that Jones is really interested in coaching\managing us. 
    This is the chance for him to rebuild after Stoke and Southampton. He knows the club, I presume he's been told what the 'owners' plans/project is and he has the chance to prove a point.  If he can do for us what he did for Luton then it’s win/win. So yes I do think he's more than interested to be that person that digs us out of a huge hole!
    He knows the club. Despite it completely changing since he was last here. 

Edit: beaten to it by @“Henry Irving"
  • msomerton said:
    This is the chance for him to rebuild after Stoke and Southampton. He knows the club, I presume he's been told what the 'owners' plans/project is and he has the chance to prove a point.  If he can do for us what he did for Luton then it’s win/win. So yes I do think he's more than interested to be that person that digs us out of a huge hole!
    He knows the club. Despite it completely changing since he was last here. 

Edit: beaten to it by @“Henry Irving"
    I understand what you're saying but some people were asking for CP or LB to come back and the club has completely changed since they were last here as well! 
  • This whole recruitment process is like an episode of Dad's Army...🙄
  • Listening to NTT20 podcast last week when talking about us they said that there isn’t a team in the country more primed for a new manager bounce than us. They seem to believe that with the right manager this team can be a good side. 
    I think the general outside perspective is that we're massively underachieving with the players we have available to us.
    If they had actually watched us in recent games they might have a different view!
  • EXCLUSIVE - been in dialogue today with KING 👑 RICH 
    …also…
  • It certainly will not be Warnock, he has gone to Aberdeen, until end of season 
  • ross1 said:
    It certainly will not be Warnock, he has gone to Aberdeen, until end of season 
    Have the LMA ratified HIS contract today then 😃.
  • This whole recruitment process is like an episode of Dad's Army...🙄
    Don't Panic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, but I don't buy this LMA thing. They are just a "Trade Union" for managers. I doubt they get much say in agreeing a contract. Yes, they may give advice to their "members" as to the content of it & whether any special clauses should be added or omitted, but in the final analysis if Jones is happy with what we are offering he just needs to sign it.

Seems like there must be some unusual / contentious clauses in it for the LMA to be "making alterations" to it. Probably is a relegation clause or a "freedom to move if a better offer comes along" option being inserted. For his benefit I would say, not ours. 
  • Probably slipped a , I’m off if we get relegated clause in.
  • My hope is the return of Pan and Chuks will bring the quality we need to stay up. We certainly have enough to stay up, Jonesy just needs to get a tune out of them. 
  • RedRobin said:
    My hope is the return of Pan and Chuks will bring the quality we need to stay up. We certainly have enough to stay up, Jonesy just needs to get a tune out of them. 
    I await all three of their collective appearances with anticipation 
  • fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

imagine watching yesterdays match and thinking “yeah, I’ll have some of that”. Must like a challenge 
    and/or a pound note. 

Keep us up and get us properly competing in the top 6 from August to May 25 and he'll have earned every penny.
  • Gribbo said:
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

imagine watching yesterdays match and thinking “yeah, I’ll have some of that”. Must like a challenge 
    Reckon a manager would sooner take over an underperformed side than an over-performing one. 
    Can you imagine taking over after Sir Alex etc. Taking over from Appleton (can't count Flemming) must have little to no pressure.