Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Sorry, but I don't buy this LMA thing. They are just a "Trade Union" for managers. I doubt they get much say in agreeing a contract. Yes, they may give advice to their "members" as to the content of it & whether any special clauses should be added or omitted, but in the final analysis if Jones is happy with what we are offering he just needs to sign it.

Seems like there must be some unusual / contentious clauses in it for the LMA to be "making alterations" to it. Probably is a relegation clause or a "freedom to move if a better offer comes along" option being inserted. For his benefit I would say, not ours. 
    My feelings also. Wouldn’t you expect that someone like Jones would have his own lawyers and not rely on the LMA lawyers (?) who are not directly under his instructions ? Just seems odd to me. Never heard it being an issue before. Perhaps I’ve never noticed but quite what authority or control the LMA have I’m not sure.
  • edited February 4
    wmcf123 said:
    RedRobin said:
    My hope is the return of Pan and Chuks will bring the quality we need to stay up. We certainly have enough to stay up, Jonesy just needs to get a tune out of them. 
    I await all three of their collective appearances with anticipation 
    Three appearances is all we might need 🤣
  • Gribbo said:
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:

imagine watching yesterdays match and thinking “yeah, I’ll have some of that”. Must like a challenge 
    Reckon a manager would sooner take over an underperformed side than an over-performing one. 
    Can you imagine taking over after Sir Alex etc. Taking over from Appleton (can't count Flemming) must have little to no pressure. 
    Perhaps if he does well and keeps us up then he wants to be released to apply for the Liverpool job in the summer 🤣
  • edited February 4
    A reminder:

Win
    verb
    UK  
    Present participle winning | past tense and past participle won

To achieve first position and/or get a prize in a competition, election, fight etc.

Synonyms: gain, get, receive, land [informal] 

Antonymlose, but we all remember that one. 
  • Could the LMA thing be because NJ doesn’t have an agent (I have no idea if he has one or not) and they provide free support to their members, like the PFA?
  • Announcement being teased on Twitter so it’s all done 
  • edited February 4
    Being trailed on twitter 
  • Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long

I take it we're all singing that next home game then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe they’re talking about a clean sheet win….
    Or just a clean sheet.
  • Fair play to the owners for getting Jones as our new manager. Huge improvement over the likes of Adkins, Garner, Holden and Appleton.
    So would you be .

I’m genuinely worried that he doesn’t have the squad to do anything about this but it’s not an appointment that can be criticised . 
  • That’s excellent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe they’re talking about a clean sheet win….
    Corrrr. Can you imagine Charlton, Clean Sheet and Win, all appearing in the same sentence! It's like sci-fi. Must be like how people felt when 1984 was released. It'll be one of those, "I remember when I first heard the news." For people that say, "I was there to witness it,", it'll be similar to the 7-6 victory, nobody will believe them. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Also comments from Rodwell rather than Scott is interesting 
    Weekend confirmation and one of them wanted a day off to see family?