Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bailey said:
    Davo55 said:
    Excellent appointment, especially in our current predicament.

Nathan Jones TO DO LIST:

1. Keep us in League One this season.

2. Establish a clear style of play that is a) successful and b) good to watch.

3. Get the defence and defensive midfielders working together cohesively.

4. Get more creativity in the attacking third.

5. Ensure that the gaps and imbalances in the squad are addressed in the summer.

6. Get Dobbo to sign a new contract.

7. Build a team that will at least get into the League One play offs next season.

Great, only alteration I would make is promoting No 6 to No 2...✅
    He's not a number he's a free man ! 
    I thought he was a 4?
    Definitely number six Image result for number six the prisoner Size 210 x 160 Source wwwfanpopcom
  • Brilliant its about time we got someone decant in charge 
    We should definitely see a much needed improvement in our play & results 
    Yessssss 
  • Bailey said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bailey said:
    Davo55 said:
    Excellent appointment, especially in our current predicament.

Nathan Jones TO DO LIST:

1. Keep us in League One this season.

2. Establish a clear style of play that is a) successful and b) good to watch.

3. Get the defence and defensive midfielders working together cohesively.

4. Get more creativity in the attacking third.

5. Ensure that the gaps and imbalances in the squad are addressed in the summer.

6. Get Dobbo to sign a new contract.

7. Build a team that will at least get into the League One play offs next season.

Great, only alteration I would make is promoting No 6 to No 2...✅
    He's not a number he's a free man ! 
    I thought he was a 4?
    Definitely number six Image result for number six the prisoner Size 210 x 160 Source wwwfanpopcom
    He’s not a number……..he’s our 2nd cousin 😎
  • edited February 4
    A must be working overtime.

What is it for a Sunday......double time & a day off in liue  ?

• This all feels like the powell season again

come in see who he likes and dislikes plan recruitment early get a good solid pre season and go strong next year
  • cfgs said:

Johnny Walker played this as the opening track of Sounds of the Seventies radio programme, a couple of minutes after 3.00! Must be a sign...
  • If the players don’t respond at least in part to a ‘proper’ manager being appointed they never will. 

Those who know they are only here for a payday likely won’t change but any with ‘career’ aspirations may just try and impress and tow the line if the suggestions of poor discipline / attitude are true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    So where does that leave Ronnie Scott and all that jazz....? 🤔 
    Blowing his horn somewhere else hopefully 🤞🏼 
    Not quite sure how I should answer this, Littlesis...?

Now who's got the Kenneth Williams gif? 🙂

• March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

If we get relegated I think he would be on his way (sacked) or pay off clause written in to contract. 

Think this is going to be harder than he thinks,is he the right person for job? We will find out soon enough.

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    So where does that leave Ronnie Scott and all that jazz....? 🤔 
    Blowing his horn somewhere else hopefully 🤞🏼 
    Not quite sure how I should answer this, Littlesis...?

Now who's got the Kenneth Williams gif? 🙂

Lol Bob obliged 🤣🤣
  • If the players don’t respond at least in part to a ‘proper’ manager being appointed they never will. 

Those who know they are only here for a payday likely won’t change but any with ‘career’ aspirations may just try and impress and tow the line if the suggestions of poor discipline / attitude are true. 
    Jones won't play or tolerate those with just a 'payday' attitude, will he?

That's not part of his culture. 

• March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

If we get relegated I think he would be on his way (sacked) or pay off clause written in to contract. 

Think this is going to be harder than he thinks,is he the right person for job? We will find out soon enough.
    I think we might need to be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day. 
  • edited February 4
    Oggy Red said:
    If the players don’t respond at least in part to a ‘proper’ manager being appointed they never will. 

Jones won't play or tolerate those with just a 'payday' attitude, will he?

That's not part of his culture. 

Agreed. That’s my point. We should learn very quickly which are capable of putting a shift in to turn performances around.  
  • 1) Get us safe.
    2) A good, organised summer with the right recruitment.  
    3) A good start next season, momentum is important in football.
    4) Make us competitive again, we need to be in and amongst it, there’s 4 teams better than the rest this season, our aim should be to be one of them.  Even if we don’t get promoted, we need drastic improvement, something to build on and above all pride restored with something for the fans to get onboard with.  

That’s all I want, I don’t think it’s too much to ask for Charlton in the third tier.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading the confirmation of Nathan's official arrival when a certain Neil Diamond song came on the radio.

So,thinking we need a welcome song for our new gaffer, hows about something along these lines ;

" Hey, Nathan Jones ...Good times never been so good ( so good, so good, so good ) 

We've been inclined , to believe they never would ....But now..." 

Don't expect the faithful might be up for the "Hands touching hands etc " bit but could work . 

Just a thought. :)
  • Hey, does anyone know that there was a song by The Supremes that says 'Nathan Jones you've been gone too long'? Feels like we should reference that constantly, a couple of times a page or so
    No, I didn’t know that, cheers Gaz!

come in see who he likes and dislikes plan recruitment early get a good solid pre season and go strong next year
    Powell inherited a number of players soon to be out of contract, which made it easier to build a whole new team, whereas we have a number of players under contract for next season at least, so Jones will have to work with the players Scott has already recruited. 
  • He needs to find 6 wins from somewhere. 
    I can only see 4 likely wins. 
    It’s going to be very tight. 

Powell inherited a number of players soon to be out of contract, which made it easier to build a whole new team, whereas we have a number of players under contract for next season at least, so Jones will have to work with the players Scott has already recruited. 
    Yea true but im sure they will back him and if he doesnt want them here they will be moved on like some have this year loaned or paid off
  • Bananarama!!!!! Remember the date folks. Much to do to make us a team we can be proud of, but an appointment to inspire confidence that the decline can be halted at last.