Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Nothing announced on Fleming or Jones' back room team.
    We very rarely do. I know other teams announce the back room staff at the same time but not us.

reports saying jones wants to bring it hart and cohen (I think I've got the names right), interesting to see if Fleming stays, or jones only gets one of his team. Or maybe we will have a team of four
    Be great if we can have Fleming along with Hart and Cohen

Feels like our Backroom Staff has been one of the biggest areas to suffer in recent years
  • Can I be the first to say this could all end in tears!

of Joy?!? 
  • edited February 4
    Nothing announced on Fleming or Jones' back room team.
    He has decide between The Supremes or Bananarama.
    No contest 

Its gotta be Keren!
  • ‘Long-term’ must mean at least three years. Weird they’ve deliberately not mentioned it. 
  • Clichés corner:

Can we long suffering fans take one game at a time. Just 16 games and the road could still be bumpy(This road is longer than the wall of China!)

Welcome Home to the green green grass at the valley Nathan Jones and at least you know the way to Sparrows Lane.

I hope we have reached our Nadir and with everyone on the same page, we can write a new successful chapter in the book of Charlton Athletic.

I wish Nathan Jones luck because without that he won't stand a chance.
  • The club's future rests on your shoulders now Nathan
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news. Come on, Nathan. Sort this mess out. 
  • Jayajosh said:
    Give him time even if it means a few defeats. Alex Ferguson was a disaster at MU for half his first season, got rid of the deadwood, and then nailed it. A culture change is necessary here.
    We have not got half a season
  • It’s more important the Board are behind him than the fans. Our input is entrance fee theirs is financial resources to compete.
  • Sue Gallop speaking very highly of NJ on Charlton Live. 👍
  • Obviously he has a very clear short term goal of avoiding the ignominy of our first ever relegation to the fourth tier. 

Beyond that, though, he needs time, backing, and patience from owners, board, and FANS. 

This oil tanker of a club has been sailing full steam ahead in the wrong direction for a long time and isn’t going to turn on a six pence so we can’t afford to get all angsty and demand more changes if it doesn’t all turn form shit to hold overnight. 
    Agreed. We finally have a manager with ample experience in the leagues above and a good record (the fact he struggled in the Premier League doesn't seem relevant given our current standing...), and he even ticks the ex-Charlton box!

Not sure it's been mentioned here before but he's been in a relegation scrap before - in 2021, he took over Luton with 9 games remaining placed 23rd and got them to safety on the final day.

We've got to get behind him and trust the process, even if it takes some time. 
  • "Something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr Jones?"
  • Did not realise he was in for the Millwall job but beaten by Edwards 
  • Nadou said:
    "Something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr Jones?"
    Or

"We've got a thing going on"
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Nathan Jones’s priorities:
    1. To avoid relegation to L2
    2. To keep us in L1 this season
    3. To prevent us from being relegated to L2
    4. To keep us out of the bottom 4 in L1
    5. Etc. 
    considering none of them are on the table then he passed already … 

his main objective  this season to get top half finish .. 

Are you saying relegation isn't possible? Have you seen the league table?
    DFTT
  • Nadou said:
    "Something is happening, but you don't know what it is, do you Mr Jones?"
    Or

"We've got a thing going on"
    “But it’s much too strong…”
  • Uboat said:
    Great news. Come on, Nathan. Sort this mess out. 
    Well you've got your wish and I hope it works out successfully for all our sakes.

I also hope my concerns of a Stoke/Saints situation don't rear there head.
    Like all our managers I will stick with him unless he proves to the contrary. 

Here's hoping he drags us out of this freefull & brings good times back.
  • Each game as it comes is certainly a must win.
    Starting with Reading on Saturday.
    There can be no period of grace and adjustment, we have to be in business from right now.
    That is what is immediately in front of Nathan Jones, Reading.
  • Ok - on paper, decent - but he is lumbered with a squad that is a bit of a mish mash - hopefully he can conjure something out of what he has been presented with

First base - get us safe
  • edited February 4
    March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

The decline started 18 years  ago under Richard Murray … the owners know this is going to take time to get right not just on the pitch but off it as well there not been a stable structure at the club for many many years …. we won’t go down .. but I dint think it would make much diff if we did to be honest cause we would still be rebuilding the squad and club and you can easy go through league one if we get that right ..
     but that’s not an issue we will stay in league one our performance at Blackpool second  half and yesterday are not of a side going down .. we need one of two back and we need to find that system that’s sorts the players we have .  Jones likes diamond and 433 so will be interesting what he goes with next Saturday 
    Martin Symons has always maintained that the defining moment was when Parker was “allowed” to leave.
    In his own words at Bromley Addicks (I think it was), “Everything seemed to go downhill after Parker left.”
  • I'm really impatient for Saturday now!
  • This appointment is better than we could have expected and the other candidates who were in the running were better than we expected especially when you look at the candidates last time and Appleton turned out as the outstanding candidate 
    The owners have definitely upped there game to attract better candidates and if things do not change for the better now we need to look at the players and not the manager being at fault how many managers can we blame.