Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

If we get relegated I think he would be on his way (sacked) or pay off clause written in to contract. 

Think this is going to be harder than he thinks,is he the right person for job? We will find out soon enough.

There is more in this team then they have been producing 
    Just needs the right man in charge to give the right direction & just having him in charge will boost the confidence in the players no end

• JamesSeed said:
    Nathan Jones’s priorities:
    1. To avoid relegation to L2
    2. To keep us in L1 this season
    3. To prevent us from being relegated to L2
    4. To keep us out of the bottom 4 in L1
    5. Etc. 
    considering none of them are on the table then he passed already … 

his main objective  this season to get top half finish .. 

Too much space at the bottom of your post. 
    And it’s inaccurate as well. 
  • edited February 4
    JamesSeed said:
    5. Etc. 

...Keeping us in league one is enough...🙄
  • Excellent appointment. A manager the fanbase can really get behind, not a cheap coach who fits into a system that doesn’t work. 
    It sounds like there’s been a shift in mission.
    Here’s hoping Nathan brings in his own team and most importantly, hits the ground running.

COYRs
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    I think this is the most excited I have seen our fan base be over a managerial appointment to save us from relegation since Pardew was appointed 
    Yeah, that’s what worries me!! 😂 
  • JamesSeed said:
    5. Etc. 

Are you saying relegation isn't possible? Have you seen the league table?
  • Bailey said:
    Davo55 said:
    Excellent appointment, especially in our current predicament.

Nathan Jones TO DO LIST:

1. Keep us in League One this season.

2. Establish a clear style of play that is a) successful and b) good to watch.

3. Get the defence and defensive midfielders working together cohesively.

4. Get more creativity in the attacking third.

5. Ensure that the gaps and imbalances in the squad are addressed in the summer.

6. Get Dobbo to sign a new contract.

7. Build a team that will at least get into the League One play offs next season.

Great, only alteration I would make is promoting No 6 to No 2...✅
    He's not a number he's a free man ! 
    Welcome back to The Village, Nathan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing announced on Fleming or Jones' back room team.
    He has decide between The Supremes or Bananarama.
    No contest 
  • I certainly didn't want him, but now he's here I wish him ALL the very best
    He has one big advantage over recent predecessors, a decent squad including lots of newcomers who he can organise and influence as he likes
    As ever, we will see
  • edited February 4
    Seems a decent appointment compared to the countless who have preceded him. He certainly has got his work cut out for him, but I wish him all the best.
  • At lest we can sing Every Saturday we follow again 
  • Sponsored links:

• I certainly didn't want him, but now he's here I wish him ALL the very best
    He has one big advantage over recent predecessors, a decent squad including lots of newcomers who he can organise and influence as he likes
    As ever, we will see
    I think you are right not to get too excited Lincs. I saw things yesterday that worry me greatly. We know we have a defensive mistake waiting to happen in every game but now we the added worry of not scoring at the other end. We may have been one dimensional by relying on CBT to open up defences but with him gone we now have just 16 games to find a different way of playing and I saw nothing yesterday to convince me that the change will be easy. 
  • Wellred said:
    March looks rough with the away games but if Nathan can't get us to beat 3 of the bottom 4 clubs then we deserve to get relegated. 

My concern is more will he stay with us if he can't perform a miracle and we get relegated? Plus and more importantly will the main money men in the States decide to bail out as well? 

Because we're  Charlton this could be a distinct possibility. 

I really hope it doesn't get to that situation but this season as many lifers have said has been coming for over 10 years at least.

If we get relegated I think he would be on his way (sacked) or pay off clause written in to contract. 

Think this is going to be harder than he thinks,is he the right person for job? We will find out soon enough.

There is more in this team then they have been producing 
    Just needs the right man in charge to give the right direction & just having him in charge will boost the confidence in the players no end

Well I like the idea as Manager once again.

Wonder what Andy Scott’s position is now.

As for the rest of the SMT you are earning money from Charlton , do your work or leave.
  • Happy with this. A better appointment than I expected and certainly an upgrade on our last few managers 
  • Jayajosh said:
    Give him time even if it means a few defeats. Alex Ferguson was a disaster at MU for half his first season, got rid of the deadwood, and then nailed it. 
    We can’t afford too many defeats ..  
    We very rarely do. I know other teams announce the back room staff at the same time but not us.

reports saying jones wants to bring it hart and cohen (I think I've got the names right), interesting to see if Fleming stays, or jones only gets one of his team. Or maybe we will have a team of four