Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• I wonder if he'll be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
    The two assistants he took to Southampton Chris Cohen and Alan Sheehan are currently coaches at Lincoln and Swansea respectively.

• I wonder if he'll be able to bring in his own backroom staff.
    I’d have thought he’s in a position to demand whatever he wants and if he doesn’t get it then he turns the job down. It wouldn’t be long before another Club comes calling.
  • You would hope that it all can be signed before Saturday. Would give the crowd a buzz and might even get a couple extra bums on seats.
    If it is, unlikely to take charge of the game 
  • Knew it was too good to be true that we would sign a half decent manager straight away and give ourselves half a chance of getting out of this shit. Jones will get pissed off with waiting for an answer and we will end up with someone like Appleton. Same old Charlton.
    Based on? The search for a new manager started last Wednesday. In that time the board would have had to advertise, discard the crap, approach managers, speak to agents, book interviews, reduce the short list, arrange second interviews, make an offer etc.

we are 5 working days into the process. Why would jones get pissed off?

realistically, how long would you expect the process to take?

you do realise that katrien didn't really interview 300 managers in 17!minutes.
    Are you suggesting that she was lying ?
    Not adjacent to the actualité. 
  • Morning odds…

- Nathan Jones 6/4
    - Nigel Pearson 3/1
    - Neil Warnock 4/1
    - Michael Duff 5/1
    - John Eustace 5/1
    - Mark Bonner 10/1
    - Gareth Ainsworth 14/1
    - 16/1 bar
    27th January morning update…

- Nathan Jones 1/2
    - Alex Neil 7/2
    - Neil Warnock 6/1
    - Michael Duff 6/1
    - Nigel Pearson 8/1
    - John Eustace 10/1
    - 20/1 bar
    28th January update…

- Nathan Jones 2/1
    - Mark Warburton 2/1
    - Gary Rowett 4/1
    - Alex Neil 6/1
    - Michael Duff 8/1
    - Neil Warnock 8/1
    - Nigel Pearson 10/1
    - John Eustace 12/1
    - 20/1 bar
    29th January update, unchanged from 24 hours ago
    30th January…

- Nathan Jones 4/7
    - Mark Warburton 4/1
    - Gary Rowett 4/1
    - Alex Neil 8/1
    - Neil Warnock 10/1
    - Michael Duff 10/1
    - Nigel Pearson 12/1
    - Darren Moore 14/1
    - 20/1 bar

31st January

- Nathan Jones EVS
    - Gary Rowett 2/1
    - Mark Warburton 5/1
    - Alex Neil 10/1
    - Michael Duff 12/1
    - Neil Warnock 12/1
    - Nigel Pearson 14/1
    - Darren Moore 16/1
    - 20/1 bar
    1st Feb

- Nathan Jones 6/4
    - Neil Warnock 2/1
    - Gary Rowett 5/1
    - Mark Warburton 8/1
    - Alex Neil 12/1
    - Nigel Pearson 16/1
    - Darren Moore 20/1
    - Michael Duff 20/1
    - 25/1 bar
    2nd Feb

- Nathan Jones 1/12
    - Neil Warnock 10/1
    - Gary Rowett 16/1
    - Mark Warburton 20/1
    - Alex Neil 25/1
    - 33/1 bar
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:

ALL sides  ?  How many are there ? Surely there are just 2 - CAFC and Jones.

BOTH sides would be more apt / grammatical. 
    YES his terms might be that Scott has to leave before he becomes the Manager 
    why are people now obsessed with Scott .. been said he has no influence on the playing side his job is solely recruitment like Steve Gallen … and CM has no say in the day to day running of the club .. again been said to many times yet people still go on and on 

So why did CM approach Steve Sutherland to come back to the club if he has no say in the day to day running?
  • Only just catching up with the latest after all the deadline day excitement, was surprised when we were linked with Jones and impressed. 

Will be very happy with him once (if?!?) confirmed, big upgrade. On recent years. Ticks a few boxes. Hopefully the start of a turnaround for us as a club again.

If it all goes wrong this time next year, Warnock will still be available for half a season at least 😅

• Possibly the most interesting part of this whole piece. If true, it shows that maybe we are more than a casual investment to these people.

Duchatelet was completely hands off. Sandgaard was like an octopus.
     Maybe we've finally found some balance ?
    Glad you picked up on this Carly, I actually read it as 'look at the mess you lot made appointing the last two, give it here' ! 
  • Just caught up with the news, I’m happy if jones joins will be a great show of intent by the owners, and I think eventually a nail in the coffin of some or most of the senior management team. Owners do not get involved unless they lost confidence in those they delegated to carry out their wishes.
  • edited February 2
    JohnnyH2 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

why are people now obsessed with Scott .. been said he has no influence on the playing side his job is solely recruitment like Steve Gallen … and CM has no say in the day to day running of the club .. again been said to many times yet people still go on and on 

So why did CM approach Steve Sutherland to come back to the club if he has no say in the day to day running?
    CM has never shied away from saying he is involved with the commercial side of the club.. hence the appointment of Steve Sutherland 
  • Been out at another excellent Bromley Addicks meeting and catching up.

Wow, talk about premature evaluation.

First Jones is "off" and the confirmation bias is off the scale then Cawley says just need to agree terms and everything is rosy again.

Pleased IF IF IF and when Jones is confirmed on the OS but not before as agreeing terms is still a pretty big hurdle to get over

WIOTOS.

Been saying he should be our manager on here since 2014 so it definitely has been too long
    He ll be a supreme appointment 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

CM has never shied away from saying he is involved with the commercial side of the club.. hence the appointment of Steve Sutherland 
    I was responding to the claim that CM has no involvement 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if he’s said get me Gayle too
    Interesting one.

Was a lethal finisher in his day but not sure how he's been more recently.

Was at Palace so a move back to South London might tempt.
  • Delivery truck at Sparrows Lane. Not sure what it means. Salvation?
  • Just been browsing through this thread.  My only comment:  how did Alex Neil even get on the betting odds list?

It is impossible to understand a single word he says.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Sounds like Rich is a day or so behind on news.. as I said at the start of the week, not everyone agreed Jones was the right direction, but if most agree they would go with it. There was total agreement they wanted Rowett, but unfortunately Rowett didn’t want to come for whatever reason, and likely the reasoning Supaclive mentioned.

But on Wednesday they had all agreed on Jones (I wasn’t told who at this point) Jones agreed to come, most of the financial package is agreed, but a few minor details to go through, but was agreed the club need to focus on trying to get players through the door. I was told an announcement in the next 48 hrs which means today is the day.. Also believe Jones recommended Ramsey and I don’t believe was on the clubs list.
    Ah, so they didn't have a clue about who to sign, again. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Why is Jones considered as mad as a box of frogs and a lunatic?
    Appears to have agreed to manage Charlton Athletic. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    You would hope that it all can be signed before Saturday. Would give the crowd a buzz and might even get a couple extra bums on seats.
    If it is, unlikely to take charge of the game 
    Weirdly this might be of benefit eg sitting high up in the West and getting a good look at our side to have an initial assessment vs a strong Derby team (rather than pitchside with the focus being on specifically managing the game).