Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• I'm now wondering who leaks to who. Some very credible people on this forum have had different info to Cawley on some things, and been right where Cawley has been wrong, and talked up some parties.

Cawley now feeds a line about Brener amd Friedman, otherwise hitherto unmentioned, possibly as a condition of getting this news, and to reposition their influence? Interesting.

If I may draw a comparison from the NFL, very respected talking heads who break news like Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport often tweet news with "this deal was negotiated by X agent" or "[personnel involved in hiring] was a big say in this appointment", and it's clearly a line from their source.

So I wonder if there's a bit of selective leaking going on!
  • Rothko said:
    Brener and Friedman probably have the crosshairs on others, not Scott
    Why not Scott if he did most of the recruiting?
  • edited February 1
    MarcusH26 said:

ALL sides  ?  How many are there ? Surely there are just 2 - CAFC and Jones.

BOTH sides would be more apt / grammatical. 
    YES his terms might be that Scott has to leave before he becomes the Manager 
    why are people now obsessed with Scott .. been said he has no influence on the playing side his job is solely recruitment like Steve Gallen … and CM has no say in the day to day running of the club .. again been said to many times yet people still go on and on 
    I thought Scott was the Director of Football no? However if you’ve seen his job specification, I bow to your superior knowledge. Any chance of posing it up on here ?😏
  • Valley11 said:
    Excellent news. I hope he gets to bring in his own team. Never seems to work when a new manager is told to work with what’s already there, as decent as Fleming is. 
    On what evidence is Fleming decent?
  • Valley11 said:
    Excellent news. I hope he gets to bring in his own team. Never seems to work when a new manager is told to work with what’s already there, as decent as Fleming is. 
    Decent in the sense of seemingly being a pretty nice guy with a good outlook on life perhaps, rather than in terms of skill - which is probably quite hard to judge either way on very limited evidence 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    In a human being sense
    Well I certainly wouldn’t disagree on that.
  • Note to self...

Leave home an hour earlier on Saturday ( ie 10am) as Crossbars will be rammed ( get it ? ) with smiley faced Addicks buying rounds & toasting the future following today's positive news. 

It's been a while ! 
  • Has Jones always had the same team around him? 
  • Uboat said:
    Been out at another excellent Bromley Addicks meeting and catching up.

Wow, talk about premature evaluation.

First Jones is "off" and the confirmation bias is off the scale then Cawley says just need to agree terms and everything is rosy again.

Pleased IF IF IF and when Jones is confirmed on the OS but not before as agreeing terms is still a pretty big hurdle to get over

WIOTOS.

Been saying he should be our manager on here since 2014 so it definitely has been too long
    Well I’ve been saying it since 23rd January so get back in your box. 
    Top tipping @uboat

Have a promote 
    Seeing that your in the mood AFKA 🙏 
  • Uboat said:
    Been out at another excellent Bromley Addicks meeting and catching up.

Wow, talk about premature evaluation.

First Jones is "off" and the confirmation bias is off the scale then Cawley says just need to agree terms and everything is rosy again.

Pleased IF IF IF and when Jones is confirmed on the OS but not before as agreeing terms is still a pretty big hurdle to get over

WIOTOS.

Been saying he should be our manager on here since 2014 so it definitely has been too long
    Well I’ve been saying it since 23rd January so get back in your box. 
    Top tipping @uboat

Have a promote 
    Spiteful 😉.
  • If the Nathan Jones story is true - fair play Charlton, excellent work.
  • Sponsored links:

• IF Jones gets appointed then that’s a real statement of intent and hats off to the money men, cause he won’t be cheap

throw in a few decent signings in the summer and there are possibly reasons to be cheerful

….. is he’s just gotta keep us up first 🤣
    With no attacking threat. Good luck with that
  • Scoham said:
    Cawley’s added more to his article.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/charlton-athletic-target-nathan-jones-as-their-new-boss/

Jones was on the final two man shortlist for the Millwall job.

Thought this was interesting too:

Curtis Fleming took caretaker charge of Charlton’s 1-1 draw at Blackpool last weekend, assisted by Jason Pearce.

The pair are expected to still be at the helm for Saturday’s home match against Derby County.

American investors Gabriel Brener and Joshua Friedman took a more hands-on approach to the process of bringing in the new man after the short tenures of both Dean Holden and Michael Appleton.

That is interesting.

Wonder if they've lost faith in Scott & He'll be off
    Please.
  • Reams says its off. Cawley says its close. Who to believe ?? Only one way to resolve it........

FIGHT !!!
    A good way to solve it is to listen to the respected local journalist (I hope)
    True, @LouisMend what gwarnin?
  • Why is Jones considered as mad as a box of frogs and a lunatic?
  • I wonder if he'll be able to bring in his own backroom staff.