Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Is O’Rourke a credible source ?
  • So in the scenario that:

1) Jones is a no
    2) Rowett is a no
    3) Warnock wont happen
    4) Fleming wont keep us up (sorry but that will end in tears, coming across well or not)

It's progressed exactly as I expected, we are another game down without a manager, and we are dying on our arse in the stands and around the fanbase.

Not budging from my earliest opinion. I will stick to it till I am blue in the face.

We need to get the Charlton back into Charlton or we are done. Simple as that.

I just don’t buy this, I don’t think it’s going to get better simply by either going back to Powell or Bowyer, or by there being some Charlton connection. It needs someone to come in and own the problem on the playing side and have an approach to fix, rather then it being force of personality 
  • This is perhaps why it would have been wise to scout around for a Manager before sacking Appleton

Its no secret a lot of clubs take that approach these days, its how they're able to get someone new in so quickly, and avoid going weeks without a man in charge - We could also have had a better Deadline Day, with players "knowing" who the Manager is.

Just have to wait and see from more Official sources to see if this is true or not
    I remember saying this in December. Even when things were going well (we did go unbeaten for two months) Appleton never felt like the man who was going to take us forward long term. But by mid-December questions should have been raised. So here we are six weeks later, a week+ after sacking him, on the last day of the deadline, and we don't have a manager. 
  • Rothko said:
    So in the scenario that:

1) Jones is a no
    2) Rowett is a no
    3) Warnock wont happen
    4) Fleming wont keep us up (sorry but that will end in tears, coming across well or not)

It's progressed exactly as I expected, we are another game down without a manager, and we are dying on our arse in the stands and around the fanbase.

Not budging from my earliest opinion. I will stick to it till I am blue in the face.

We need to get the Charlton back into Charlton or we are done. Simple as that.

I just don’t buy this, I don’t think it’s going to get better simply by either going back to Powell or Bowyer, or by there being some Charlton connection. It needs someone to come in and own the problem on the playing side and have an approach to fix, rather then it being force of personality 

Totally respect your opinion, let's see how it continues to develop.

• I think it will be Jones
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    If Pete is saying Jones is in advanced talks then I'd be surprised if he's not confirmed tomorrow. 

Don't think they'd announce it tonight. 
    Or an 11:30pm announcement. Telling us, “we’re not done yet”

Wishful thinking I know. 😂
  • Is O’Rourke a credible source ?
    Yeah, he has a good record when breaking news on usually, though with signings we tend to hear from him when they’re pretty much done rather than further in advance.
  • Excellent news. I hope he gets to bring in his own team. Never seems to work when a new manager is told to work with what’s already there, as decent as Fleming is. 
  • Welcome back Jones
  • Buzzzzzing with this update was waiting for all the top managers we wanted to reject us as usual
  • Sponsored links:

• This is perhaps why it would have been wise to scout around for a Manager before sacking Appleton

Its no secret a lot of clubs take that approach these days, its how they're able to get someone new in so quickly, and avoid going weeks without a man in charge - We could also have had a better Deadline Day, with players "knowing" who the Manager is.

Just have to wait and see from more Official sources to see if this is true or not
    Gettin... I got 19-likes for this post... Always knew it was never in doubt 
  • I don’t know what to make of him tbh but can’t argue it’s not a good calibre appointment if it goes through 
    This. I always think he’s as mad as a box of frogs. Perhaps that’s exactly what we need. 
  • I’m not entirely convinced Jones is the right man but no one can deny it does show a bit of ambition. 

Let’s get enough points on the board asap and then he can start working out who he wants for next season.
  • Fits well with me…

• edited February 1
    Finally some good news on the manager front. 
  • It is going to be more interesting at the very least.
  • MarcusH26 said:

ALL sides  ?  How many are there ? Surely there are just 2 - CAFC and Jones.

BOTH sides would be more apt / grammatical.