Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• This is perhaps why it would have been wise to scout around for a Manager before sacking Appleton

Its no secret a lot of clubs take that approach these days, its how they're able to get someone new in so quickly, and avoid going weeks without a man in charge - We could also have had a better Deadline Day, with players "knowing" who the Manager is.

Just have to wait and see from more Official sources to see if this is true or not
    "these days", it's been like that for years.  Sadly not in SE7 nowadays.
  • This is perhaps why it would have been wise to scout around for a Manager before sacking Appleton

Its no secret a lot of clubs take that approach these days, its how they're able to get someone new in so quickly, and avoid going weeks without a man in charge - We could also have had a better Deadline Day, with players "knowing" who the Manager is.

Just have to wait and see from more Official sources to see if this is true or not
    "these days", it's been like that for years.  Sadly not in SE7 nowadays.
    I know its a bit different as Klopp has announced his departure

But could you imagine Liverpool waiting till the Summer before deciding to search for their next Manager?

It's so incompetent, that it almost feels deliberate. 

How these types of characters keep getting jobs in football I can't understand.

Happy to eat my words as it means Charlton progress, but nothing has changed.
  • I see we have now reached peak...
  • Why would Jones risk a possible relegation with a league 3 team when he was a previously a Premier league Manager? 

If he comes I'd be amazed but with Charlton anything is possible. 

• Why would Jones risk a possible relegation with a league 3 team when he was a previously a Premier league Manager? 

League 3?! We might win that at least...
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a reason Darren Ferguson laughed when offered the gig. The same reason Chris Powell kindly declined.
    The vision and the tools by which to reach it don't add up.

You'll always get some no mark willing to do it though. And that's why we ended up with Appleton. And there's plenty more where he came from!
    That is a scary post.
  • There's a reason Darren Ferguson laughed when offered the gig. The same reason Chris Powell kindly declined.

You'll always get some no mark willing to do it though. And that's why we ended up with Appleton. And there's plenty more where he came from!

Should we all just give up and not bother ?

And I’m sympathetic to this world view, that the names put out there are just spin before a massive fall 
  • To be fair he is not wrong, that is why we ended up with Appleton, it is interesting if a few months later the plan and budget has changed enough to convince a much superior quality of manager to take the job. 

Totally agree and he may well take us down before rebuilding. It’s a gamble for both. 

Right now, we need someone proven to get us out of the hole we’re in and give the whole place a lift. Including us fans, without doubt. And then move onto better things. Hopefully. I don’t think there’s anyone better than Warnock, on an 18 month contract and he might just like the challenge. 
  • Jones in advanced talks according to our old friend O'Rourke.
  • that KO's the theory Jones has turned us down for Pete to put this out 5 minutes ago.
    especially for him to do it during deadline day 
  • Sponsored links:

• So in the scenario that:

1) Jones is a no
    2) Rowett is a no
    3) Warnock wont happen
    4) Fleming wont keep us up (sorry but that will end in tears, coming across well or not)

It's progressed exactly as I expected, we are another game down without a manager, and we are dying on our arse in the stands and around the fanbase.

Not budging from my earliest opinion. I will stick to it till I am blue in the face.

We need to get the Charlton back into Charlton or we are done. Simple as that.

• Jones in advanced talks according to our old friend O'Rourke.
    He's pretty spot on. Welcome Nathan Jones! 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    But… some random person on another site said it was all dead…?
    They posted a RUMOUR on a rumour thread… grow up 

That is a scary post.
    But very true
  • edited February 1
    RC_CAFC said:
    But… some random person on another site said it was all dead…?
    They posted a RUMOUR on a rumour thread… grow up 
    Well they didn’t post a rumour, they made a statement of fact saying Jones is out the race and then wait and see when challenged on it.