Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Don’t think anyone can complain about the ambition of the board now COYR
  • Will be more than happy with Jones. Didn’t think we’d get someone like him TBH 
  • Many a slip tween cup and lip
  • Never doubted SE7 partners, not even for a second. 

Jones, welcome back to, by far and away, the biggest club in South London 
    Technically there is no South London. Postcode wise there is a South East London & a South West London. 
  • Did euell work with jones on our academy?

putting 2 and 2 together here
  • Oh well seems like Nathan is up for a challenge which I'm surprised at but hey as another lifer just said even if we buckle and go down hopefully he can rebuild like at Luton. We have to stop this ridiculous manager merry go round and maybe our board have realised that they need to dip into their piggy banks to get something half decent. 

Wonder what will happen to Curtis if Nathan is appointed? Not sure if Jones had a number 2 with him? 

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 1

Valley11 said:
    Wonder if the money men are restructuring the SMT to give Jones the autonomy he allegedly asked for, and whether that might see Andy Scott go the way of Appleton?
    Hope so. If it happens it will be as good as Jones joining. 
  • Never doubted SE7 partners, not even for a second. 

Technically there is no South London. Postcode wise there is a South East London & a South West London. 
    What has postcodes got to do with it ?

is there no Gravesend as their postcode is DA ? 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Reams still saying it’s unlikely to be Jones, so I’m expecting him to abseil down the covered end at half time on Saturday for a big announcement 
    Sticking point on title. If Jones is announced as Head Coach it’s going to be eggy face time.
  • MarcusH26 said:

ALL sides  ?  How many are there ? Surely there are just 2 - CAFC and Jones.

BOTH sides would be more apt / grammatical. 
    Rumour has it that agents sometimes have a view.
    Plus of course all our owners if deal is outside a previously agreed sum.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Never doubted SE7 partners, not even for a second. 

What has postcodes got to do with it ?

is there no Gravesend as their postcode is DA ? 
    Thats not the point. I was merely saying that postcode wise there is no "South" London. Charlton is in South  East London. 
  • Get in - it’s Jones. Received a handwritten letter from Big Red Devil with this news.
  • And we'll all be calling for him to be sacked after a heavy defeat at home to Derby, CBT scores a hat trick.
  • edited February 1
     But did Jones pick the Harrogate defender?

Seriously it does seem to be a serious step in the right direction. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Nigel Pearson is coming in after playing and Managing with our Curtis? Might be wrong but why did he come to us? 
    Don’t know how true it is but someone on here said he’s seriously ill and isn’t taking any jobs at the moment.
  • Have to hope the deal is very close as would be a big dent in Cawley credibility if it doesn’t happen. Very pleased with the news.
  •  But did Jones pick the Harrogate defender?

You'd like to think these kind of advanced talks even first talks would involve sharing thoughts and opinions on both transfer targets identified by the club and players Jones may like and be aware of already.
  • Reams says its off. Cawley says its close. Who to believe ?? Only one way to resolve it........

FIGHT !!!
    I won't believe it until @RonnieMoore tweets about it, sorry that should read Miss Everitt.
  •  But did Jones pick the Harrogate defender?

Honestly, it's not impossible - Ramsay is 1. A fullback and 2. Has youth and potential, both things that Jones seems to value quite highly.
    I'm not saying that he definitely DID have anything to do with it but it could be construed as a metaphorical "olive branch" to show his views are taken seriously and he's not expected to be kowtowing to the whims of Scott.

Or, quite possibly, I'm talking absolute shit and it's a complete coincidence. This is probably more likely  :D