Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Wiotos . We’re all speculating on what we’d all have said were supposed out of reach targets.
    There’s still both Duff and Eustace who are significant upgrades on Appleton and Holden
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly
    Rowett won't be taking the job
    He is being paid by Millwall until end of August
    He is paid by Sky to do Soccer Saturday
    We are offering a fair whack for a team bottom 6 in Division 3
    But not as much as Rowett gets currently
    He also wanted to be Manager not Head Coach and have more control than was being offered

#preyforjones
    I’m definitely a glass half empty type, so this could be ‘confirmation bias’
    but seems to me it’s another example of Charlton trying to do things on the cheap.

For ¥uc# sake just pay the man the  going rate!

we all know what you get when you pay peanuts.

• supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly
    He also wanted to be Manager not Head Coach and have more control than was being offered

#preyforjones
    Jones will turn us down next (hope not). 
    He paid by Millwall till end of August or till he finds a new role .. he not on soccer Saturday may get one gig when it’s international weekend 
    Me fed up with your illiterate nonsense.
    Have we never considered that English might not be Ronnie's mother tongue? 

Surely not a Belgian mole in the camp.....
    He's definitely English. I know who he is.
    But can he actually speak English?
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    I’m definitely a glass half empty type, so this could be ‘confirmation bias’
    but seems to me it’s another example of Charlton trying to do things on the cheap.

For ¥uc# sake just pay the man the  going rate!

we all know what you get when you pay peanuts.

It literately says we’re paying good money at this level and also it isn’t like we’ve offered Rowett the job probably more just negotiations to see what it would take if we wanted him, Jones is still number one choice if we don’t get him then i might start to worry.
  • ButtleJR said:
    supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    Feel like neither Rowett or Jones will work under Scott unless he's willing to give up some of his responsibilities. That's just me guessing though. 
    Nailed on for us to unveil Dave Jones most likely 
  • Yeah I am still expecting to end up with them hiring another mild mannered manager rather then a character like Jones or Warnock. 

Do the decision makers really want to be questioned on their own performance?
  • ValleyBen said:
    Yeah I am still expecting to end up with them hiring another mild mannered manager rather then a character like Jones or Warnock. 

Do the decision makers really want to be questioned on their own performance?
    Let's see how it plays out.

I believe they genuinely want a higher profile/calibre of manager.

But higher profile/calibre managers come at a higher cost and with higher demands.

I'd still prefer Duff but he's not been mentioned much.  Maybe he was never on the short list or said "no" early on.

But I'd be more than happy with Jones.  It's a risk as we might get Saints Jones rather than Hatter Jones but I've wanted him as boss ever since he was our U21s coach.

WIOTOS 
    Yeah agree.
  • edited February 1
    I feel it won’t be any of the names mentioned, just a guess but can’t see us getting Jones over the line (hope I’m wrong).
  • Sponsored links:

• Post from Cawley saying Jones has now met the owners , Warnock still an option, Board split on longer term Vs short term appointment 
  • Cawley said not much info coming from Charlton but believes Warnock is still a contender 
  • Have a feeling today could be a brilliant day!!
  • MarcusH26 said:

Post from Cawley saying Jones has now met the owners , Warnock still an option, Board split on longer term Vs short term appointment 
    Short or long term doesn't matter as much as getting the right person.  Personally I would live us to get someone for the future but if the best candidate would only be for now then so be it.

(I don't think any manager would be happy to do it until next summer, as imagine getting promotion to be told you aren't wanted anymore).
  • Jones would have my full support but Warnock is a superior manager in my opinion, I just want the best person in the dugout. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a feeling today could be a brilliant day!!
    What makes ya say that ?
  • edited February 1
    Have a feeling today could be a brilliant day!!
    You're painting your lounge with Dulux ?
  • Warnock linked with Aberdeen this morning. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Warnock still my first choice, 18 month contract, would 100% keep us up and his record at promotions cannot be beaten so give him a go at it next season. 
    18 months yes, 6 months no.

Need to stop this managerial merry go round.

If they don't think a manager can both keep us up AND build long term success then don't appoint them.

FFS, said the same thing as me, just in a more concise way and has the likes flying in compared to me.

Is this what the power of 4 promotes does?
  • I'm hoping that prospective manager(s) meeting the owners means that we're trying to land a decent one, someone who wants to get an owners take on ambition, money and forward thinking to help them assess the opportunity.
  • fenaddick said:
    Clearly were waiting for Jones to be in London yesterday then. Any appointment definitely won’t be taking the Derby game so I just hope we get them in in time for training on Monday. Oh and let them bring an assistant in straight away too 
    But we’ve apparently already got the best assistant in the business according to some.

The guy completely fluked a result at Blackpool (where we should have been 4-0 down at HT) and is now the messiah.
  • If they don't believe Warnock can get us promoted then they need their heads checked, a good manager is a good manager no matter his age. 

It's a good position to be in though if those are the main two serious candidates.