Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Are we nearly there yet? 
  • I’m fine with either Jones or Rowett.

I think Jones has a higher ceiling and could build a philosophy akin to Luton which may have longer term success, however there is a chance it goes tits up this season if it takes too long to bed in his style and we could be looking at the drop in the worst case scenario.

Under rowett we would not go down but I think there is less chance of him getting us promoted next season but certainly not impossible.

Very difficult decision tbh and I’m not surprised the SMT are taking time to get it right.
    This mirrors my opinion. Rowett is not the man to rebuild this club! Jones is, it’s as simple as that.
  • esseffect said:
    This site sometimes 😤😤😤

we need a striker, any striker.....but not that one

the club is poor at communication, we need to
    know what is happening.....it's unprofessional to leak stuff to Dubai 

the last two managerial decisions have been bad, it needs to be right this time....why is it taking so long

ffs, we have become such a moaning fan base. 
    I almost hate us as much as the football tbf!

Lots of different voices saying these things… but there are certainly someone people never happy, even after the club does something they wanted.

Must be exhausting leading that life
    Maybe these same guys also support Leicester, booing their players off last night after a romping victory and storming the league.
  • edited January 31
    Even accepting reasonable paranoia caused by previous bad management / ownership, there's a hard-core of about 5 to 10 people on here who will never stop questioning an aspect of the club for one reason or other. IF the new manager comes in and gets a tune out of this squad, setting us up for a decent run at promotion next season,  reckon there'll still be some people finding someone or something to criticise, even if it is the colour of a pair of chinos or prejudice bs about their education.
  • I doubt they were willing to pay Darren Moore’s salary back then. Sounds like a different story now but Moore left Wednesday because he wanted paying what he was worth. 
    Has his worth plummeted having been sacked at Huddersfield and another manager who had success at one club and not the other and yet we all wanted him.
    Maybe now, but not back then, which was the period I was talking about. 
  • Why on earth we have this fixation with Methven, the colour of his trousers, where he went to school etc etc is beyond me!

I can put your mind at rest there. We don’t. It’s a false narrative. 
  • Uboat said:
    Why on earth we have this fixation with Methven, the colour of his trousers, where he went to school etc etc is beyond me!

One person does and everyone knows who it is, I’m sure he’ll pop his head up over these posts….
  • I doubt they were willing to pay Darren Moore’s salary back then. Sounds like a different story now but Moore left Wednesday because he wanted paying what he was worth. 
    Has his worth plummeted having been sacked at Huddersfield and another manager who had success at one club and not the other 
    Not really as simple as that. 
  • Uboat said:
    Why on earth we have this fixation with Methven, the colour of his trousers, where he went to school etc etc is beyond me!

One person does and everyone knows who it is, I’m sure he’ll pop his head up over these posts….
    He already has 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just read 120 new posts of absolute drivel.

Really hope we appoint our new manager soon for my own sanity 
    Hey, that's a bit OTT...a lot of people have put a lot of effort in coming up with that drivel...🙄

You just can't go dissing a posters drivel like that...

It would be chaos on CL!

• I’m fine with either Jones or Rowett.

I think Jones has a higher ceiling and could build a philosophy akin to Luton which may have longer term success, however there is a chance it goes tits up this season if it takes too long to bed in his style and we could be looking at the drop in the worst case scenario.

Under rowett we would not go down but I think there is less chance of him getting us promoted next season but certainly not impossible.

Very difficult decision tbh and I’m not surprised the SMT are taking time to get it right.
    This 👍
  • I have a headache from reading this.....back to topic, jones or rowett?
    Neither.
  • I have a headache from reading this.....back to topic, jones or rowett?
    Neither.
    Is that you don’t want either or you don’t think either are real contenders let alone close to getting unveiled as our new boss?
    And why did he leave Huddersfield?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The board don’t all agree on Jones, so maybe not as close as some think 
    When you say 'board' what individuals are you referring to ? (I realise you may not be intending to be literal with that label).

I find the description on the various announcements less than claer as to who our board comprises.

It could be a combination of all/any of the below (I think):

Managing Director: James Rodwell (Chairman)

Group Finance Director: Ed Warrick

Technical Director: Andy Scott

Non-Executive Director: Paul Elliott CBE MBE

Non-Executive Director: Gavin Carter 

Sporting Director Simon Lenagan

Steve Sutherland (as member of SMT)

PLUS the 'co-owners':

Co-Owners:

Gabriel Brener and family

Joshua Friedman and family

Warren Rosenfeld and family

ACA Football Partners

Munir Javeri

Charlie Methven

Marc Boyan

Since when has Lenegan been sporting director.. must missed that one being announced.. 

So he has been refereed to here as Technical Adviserhttps://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic

And here as Sporting Diretor: https://www.charltonafc.com/staff

Regardless who did you intend to refer to in your update?
    So not directly employed by Charlton, he is part of GFP. 

I would say it is a split on the U.K. board over Jones.
    My query though was who do you understand to be the (UK) Board?

Im not being facetious I just don’t know who that set of people are in the context of deciding the manager. 
    Methven, Carter, Rodwell, Elliot, Scott and Lenagan (which is a person who doesn't seems to be out the spot light, but seems to have a bigger say than most)
    Why so many clear digs at Lenagan? 

Seems like someone has decided who is going to be the fall guy already.
  • ### NEW
    MANAGER ANNOUNCED ###

“Charlton Athletic have confirmed the appointment of…”

Will be the headline at some point.  Please give me a nudge when that happens.   
  • Confirmation of Jones at Wembley today

https://x.com/ucfb/status/1752729761816752365?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
    Wearing a Charlton wrist band....... well it's red anyway!
  • ### NEW
    MANAGER ANNOUNCED ###

“Charlton Athletic have confirmed the appointment of…”

Will be the headline at some point.  Please give me a nudge when that happens.   
    I hope its Curbs
    I’m literally talking about August. 
    I think if we got as far as talking salary with Moore then he probably knows enough about our set up to stay well clear. Back in August I was in favour of Moore but I now prefer the two being spoken about as better options. 
    I think if we got as far as talking salary with Moore then he probably knows enough about our set up to stay well clear. Back in August I was in favour of Moore but I now prefer the two being spoken about as better options. 
    Same. It was only salaries I was talking about.