Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Lurker said:

Find the Dubai questioning a bit weird, like he has to defend his views of the people who are telling him info.  The only reason this thread is worth visiting is for the tidbits of info being leaked.  

I've been on this site for years and there has been various people who are clearly ITK to some extent at various times, leaks are always there.  

Big fan of your username. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Have only been in the company of CM once, at a bar in the city after work. Was a big group but I came along as I was with a guy who knows him through his connections in football and mainly Charlton. This was not too long after they had taken over the club. Came across as a bit of a clown if I’m honest, doesn’t surprise me one bit that he’s been leaking left right and centre. Seems just one big power trip for him.
    No No. It's not Methven you understand. There appears to be more than one clown at board level leaking sensitive information to all and sundry.
    Quite concerning really.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Have only been in the company of CM once, at a bar in the city after work. Was a big group but I came along as I was with a guy who knows him through his connections in football and mainly Charlton. This was not too long after they had taken over the club. Came across as a bit of a clown if I’m honest, doesn’t surprise me one bit that he’s been leaking left right and centre. Seems just one big power trip for him.
    Did you tape Location Location Location that day? 
  • Lurker said:

Find the Dubai questioning a bit weird, like he has to defend his views of the people who are telling him info.  The only reason this thread is worth visiting is for the tidbits of info being leaked.  

I've been on this site for years and there has been various people who are clearly ITK to some extent at various times, leaks are always there.  

Same here. I like hearing the rumours but take most if not all with a pinch of salt. Everything seems to have got personal, and between genuine fans of the club. Not really great to read (cue being told not to then!).
  • The more I read from us, ‘the fans’, the more I see how divided we all are, the more I feel we need a Nathan Jones’ us against the world mentality. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a headache from reading this.....back to topic, jones or rowett?
  • Its very simple to my view of the world. 

MA was the wrong choice originally  - as fans we mostly predicted it but it appears the 'Board' thought he was a good & (I assume) the cheaper option

MA was given too long but it was awkward to bin him too soon as reflects poorly on Scott (and others)

MA eventually 'had to go' by normal football standards of (under) performance 

Scott (and the board) now look poor for not having another manager ready to go & we continue to drift

We will get a new manager soon (because someone will always take it) & the names being thrown around anyone could 'google' and come up with as credible candidates for this L1 job - no expertise is needed to identify them and in any event Agents will approach the club

Any interview wont reveal very much as we have the candidates CVs as  a matter of public record and (thanks to social media) easy access to views on their general personalities let alone what the football grapevine tells the more 'football' members of the 'board' - hence the ITK tit bits are nice to read but not overly illuminating/surprising

We are being told this time they will spend more to get a better person in the job - lets hope so.

The 'delay' could be mostly logistical on time to set up calls / negotiate etc and need not reflect on any great conspiracy theory on a split board etc. BUT they should have lined up someone much sooner to mitigate it as the interims are not really the answer for more than a few days.
  • I have a headache from reading this.....back to topic, jones or rowett?
    If they can’t decide the club should use some of our favourite questions.

How tall are they?

Where do they live?

What colour trousers do they wear?
  • My natural choice would be Rowett over Jones but I am a pragmatist. 

Happy with either though. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    seth plum said:
    I want to ask a question about Methven that doesn’t reference red trousers, Netflix programmes, Elton, Oxford United, and Theology degrees.

How come Methven as a minority shareholder is in charge, calls the shots, and leaks stuff to the mugs?
    Point proven.. 
    No, point not proven.

That's one poster, who most on here recognise and have called him out on as being irrational and obsessive about irrelevant parts of Methven's life.

He is not representative of most people on here criticising Methven, who are doing so for other, valid, reasons.

You are trying to dismiss all criticism of Methven as being just because of his background etc but that just isn't true and you are hiding behind that so you don't have to address the valid points being made about how he operates.
    So what actually has Methven done wrong?? Apart from leaks to people who feed information?

From what I understand, he bought Rodwell & Lenagan to the party, Rodwell recommended Scott. Scott runs the footballing side where we are being let down

Methven got the investors in to the club..

Leaving all spats aside, could you explain how he managed to do that? I am generally interested to know, as I'm sure we all are.

If you know- and are privy to the first team manager board voting stance I'm sure you'll be aware of his sales pitch to the yanks?
  • See 100 plus new comments and get excited thinking we have a new manager, then open the thread to see we're still discussing Dubai itk leaks yet again. 

I for one appreciate any rumours that are shared 
  • Sponsored links:

• See 100 plus new comments and get excited thinking we have a new manager, then open the thread to see we're still discussing Dubai itk leaks yet again. 

I for one appreciate any rumours that are shared 
     We're just passing time while we wait for the next disaster appointment.
  • This site sometimes 😤😤😤

we need a striker, any striker.....but not that one

the club is poor at communication, we need to
    know what is happening.....it's unprofessional to leak stuff to Dubai 

the last two managerial decisions have been bad, it needs to be right this time....why is it taking so long

ffs, we have become such a moaning fan base. 
    I almost hate us as much as the football tbf!

Lots of different voices saying these things… but there are certainly someone people never happy, even after the club does something they wanted.

Must be exhausting leading that life
  • Lurker said:

I really appreciate you posting this.  But where did you get that information from?

What made you post it?  Why do you think that's the case?  Whoever told you this - what do they have to gain?  Why are we only hearing this from you now? 

Surely the fact you're sharing this information now means there's a split in the board and that everyone who thinks that one, some or all of the board are wronguns for whatever reason are now proved right? 
  • I doubt they were willing to pay Darren Moore’s salary back then. Sounds like a different story now but Moore left Wednesday because he wanted paying what he was worth. 
  • Everyone happy with Jones or Rowett. (As am I)

Incredibly excited to see when the calls of “sack him” arrive
  • edited January 31
    I doubt they were willing to pay Darren Moore’s salary back then. Sounds like a different story now but Moore left Wednesday because he wanted paying what he was worth. 
    Has his worth plummeted having been sacked at Huddersfield and another manager who had success at one club and not the other and yet we all wanted him.