Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I am not sure who feeds REAMS and Dubai (assume same person giving info to them both) but find it very odd just how much leaks from this club constantly since this mob took over.   It seems incredibly amateur and just causes upset most of the time. 

It's a week since Apple's was sacked, we were massively unlikely to have appointed someone by now and no one would be too disappointed, but because of the leaks there is a risk people end up that way.

It's weird and it's unprofessional imo.

Not a dig at people passing info here and elsewhere but a dig at the source of such info.
    Leaks have always happened, before this group it was easier to get information I would say.. Difference is, people have already made there mind up they don't like a certain person in this group, and will always look to pick holes.. 

Was never going to be a quick process to appoint a new manager, and was never a plan to do so, until Burton game, and they did actually sack him that night, but back tracked, well 2 out of board did.. 

To be honest, those two I think were bang out of order to allow Appleton to go through Tuesday game, knowing the toxic atmosphere..
    I just find it mind-boggling that someone is sharing this level of detail with you and is apparently happy with you putting it in the public domain. Doesn’t it make you wonder? 
    As a supporter I’m happy to be made aware of it, but there’s no way someone could get away with such a lack of professionalism in most work places. 
    Come on.. Chit chatter happens in every business.. Go out for a ciggy or on a work social.. It happens all the time.. Across every football club up and down the country..

People have got a problem with it, because they don't like certain people
    No, some people don't like and other do.

Some reason people don't like it, or at least the way it is done, is that it is unprofessional, it undermines what should be the club's proper comms strategy, the information isn't always correct and quite often it comes with a large degree of spin which positions the leaker, and the ultimate source is most definitely Methven even if he's not your direct source, as not having done anything wrong but always that is is other directors' fault or greedy agents/players/clubs to blame.

This post cannot be argued or questioned.
  • Chizz said:
    We need to get a hurry-on. 

I know these things take time, but unless we appoint someone soon, we won't have a chance in hell of properly planning the sacking that will take place during the Summer window. 

People underestimate how crucial a Summer sacking is. Get that right and the following January's sacking is much easier. 

So we need to recruit whoever is going to be sacked in the Summer as soon as possible. That way, we have more time to make sure next January's sacking can go as well as possible. 
    👏 
    Brilliant.
  • This site sometimes 😤😤😤

we need a striker, any striker.....but not that one

the club is poor at communication, we need to
    know what is happening.....it's unprofessional to leak stuff to Dubai 

the last two managerial decisions have been bad, it needs to be right this time....why is it taking so long

ffs, we have become such a moaning fan base. 
    It might have something to do with just being a few points outside of the relegation places for league 2.
    Just saying. 
    It would be the same shit if we were a few points inside the play off places
    It would not.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    If Nathan Jones wouldn’t be Methven’s first choice that’s a good thing for me - Methven knows f*ck all about football. 
    Sure Stoke fans would say the same about Jones & Rowett
    And they would be wrong.

• Top six next season with a galvanised side should be mandatory for 24/25 season.

Indeed it should, especially when in League 2. 

League 2 and it's auto's, 1st or 2nd and we do a Coventry. 

League 2,  Shut up, its not going to happen, 
    Its not going to, its not going, its not, its...
    Is it 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Methven wanted Holden and Appleton. He should be nowhere near any managerial appointment. 
    Holden yes. Appleton no
  • I want to ask a question about Methven that doesn’t reference red trousers, Netflix programmes, Elton, Oxford United, and Theology degrees.

How come Methven as a minority shareholder is in charge, calls the shots, and leaks stuff to the mugs?
  • seth plum said:
    I want to ask a question about Methven that doesn’t reference red trousers, Netflix programmes, Elton, Oxford United, and Theology degrees.

How come Methven as a minority shareholder is in charge, calls the shots, and leaks stuff to the mugs?
    What’s Elton got to do with it ?
    Don’t know.. does the crocodile rock?
  • seth plum said:
    I want to ask a question about Methven that doesn’t reference red trousers, Netflix programmes, Elton, Oxford United, and Theology degrees.

He's not in charge. But that is exactly WHY he is (allegedly ;)) behind all the leaks. He doesn't have the direct authority to call all the shots so he plants a few stories to get his way instead.
  • edited January 31
    seth plum said:

Shareholders don’t tend to call the shots on a day to day business Seth.  That’s the norm for most businesses, other than sole owner/family run businesses.  They may determine strategy and provide the wherewithal to achieve that, but not unusual to then be in the background.  That’s just business. 
  • seth plum said:

Point proven.. 
  • Are we now convinced that the appointment is a decision between Jones and Rowett ?
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    seth plum said:

He's not in charge. But that is exactly WHY he is (allegedly ;)) behind all the leaks. He doesn't have the direct authority to call all the shots so he plants a few stories to get his way instead.
    Who is actually in charge?

I dunno.

P.S. Sorry about the predictive ‘Elton’ correction, my tablet mis-read ‘Bash Street School’.
  • I personally don't understand the hold up, Appleton was sacked over a week ago, you have to assume there were discussions had prior to it happening. His demeanour against Northampton and the players reactions suggested it.

So surely there was candidates lined up? What is there to interview and does it really take this long? There's about 5 candidates that would be very decent, this shouldn't be a difficult decision. There's only so much you can ask a manager as it isn't like an ordinary job, their work ethics and results are very public. Pay the going rate and that's that. 

If we don't end up with the likes of Jones, Rowett, Warnock etc, I'll be extremely disappointed as it's what we need to progress, it can't be another cheap option or we are fucked. 

The cynic in me is starting to think we won't end up with what we want. I don't believe it will be someone shit like Lee Johnson, but I am also starting to think it won't be someone as glamorous as Rowett or Jones, fully expecting a middle ground option, whoever that is. 
    On one hand shit equals Johnson, on the other hand
    glamorous equals Rowett or Jones.

You are of course having a laugh.
  • Are we now convinced that the appointment is a decision between Jones and 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    seth plum said:

Point proven.. 
    What point has been proved by my question?
  • Are we now convinced that the appointment is a decision between Jones and Rowett ?
    I think it might be more a case of do either of them want it.
    I think it might be more a case of do either of them want it.
    Well quite but are the club now focused on one of those two ?
  • ButtleJR said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Methven wanted Holden and Appleton. He should be nowhere near any managerial appointment. 
    Holden yes. Appleton no
    Sorry mate but you're wrong here. He wanted Appleton I assure you. He may be saying otherwise now to save face but trust me he wanted him. They all did. 
    100% not. It was Scott. Methven was Moore. But after interviews they all agreed on Appleton 
  • seth plum said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    seth plum said:

Point proven.. 
    What point has been proved by my question?
    Negativity, and about his background.. people already made their mind up, and unwilling to accept.

Football side he doesn’t call the shots 
  • Plaaayer said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    ButtleJR said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Methven wanted Holden and Appleton. He should be nowhere near any managerial appointment. 
    Holden yes. Appleton no
    Sorry mate but you're wrong here. He wanted Appleton I assure you. He may be saying otherwise now to save face but trust me he wanted him. They all did. 
    100% not. It was Scott. Methven was Moore. But after interviews they all agreed on Appleton 
    So he did want him then?! 
    Not originally no. But after interviews and after 2nd interview yes