Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited January 31
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:

Maybe this explains the delay for his second interview, may as well do it today when he's due in London anyway...
    Not to undermine your post, as I understand your logic, but do you know how daft it would be for a professional football club to treat this as a two birds one stone situation? (Aimed at them, if this was the case)

Our clubs future is on the line here, we can't afford to waste days and ensure everything is all conveniently timed. He should be our number 1 priority and vice versa. 

I get where you're coming from but it would be absolutely outrageous for the club to wait over something like that, to make sure Jones gets his moneys worth in train fares.

Unless of course it's already done and today was a good day for the media stuff.

Cawly doesn't say it's not happening today.

He is replying to a question about it being today and he say's he's not heard that.

Not the same thing.
    I am assuming it won't happen today based on that, feel like Rich would have heard. Will edit
    To be honest I doubt we will have a new manager in by tomorrow. I hope we do, but think we have other priorities. 
    This ^^^ and the caretakers will have already been preparing the team for Saturday so all he would have is a watching brief until taking overall control after the match.
  • edited January 31
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Uboat said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I am not sure who feeds REAMS and Dubai (assume same person giving info to them both) but find it very odd just how much leaks from this club constantly since this mob took over.   It seems incredibly amateur and just causes upset most of the time. 

It's a week since Apple's was sacked, we were massively unlikely to have appointed someone by now and no one would be too disappointed, but because of the leaks there is a risk people end up that way.

It's weird and it's unprofessional imo.

Not a dig at people passing info here and elsewhere but a dig at the source of such info.
    Leaks have always happened, before this group it was easier to get information I would say.. Difference is, people have already made there mind up they don't like a certain person in this group, and will always look to pick holes.. 

Was never going to be a quick process to appoint a new manager, and was never a plan to do so, until Burton game, and they did actually sack him that night, but back tracked, well 2 out of board did.. 

To be honest, those two I think were bang out of order to allow Appleton to go through Tuesday game, knowing the toxic atmosphere..
    I just find it mind-boggling that someone is sharing this level of detail with you and is apparently happy with you putting it in the public domain. Doesn’t it make you wonder? 
    As a supporter I’m happy to be made aware of it, but there’s no way someone could get away with such a lack of professionalism in most work places. 
    Come on.. Chit chatter happens in every business.. Go out for a ciggy or on a work social.. It happens all the time.. Across every football club up and down the country..

People have got a problem with it, because they don't like certain people
    Why not deal solely through official channels?
    Perhaps relying solely on official channels instead of feeding off rumours is what fans should be doing, even when those rumours originate either directly from within the Club or from one of its associates. 

However, as it seems to me there is substance to what we are seeing by way of unofficial updates, I appreciate them.
  • If Aneke and Leaburn weren't injured i bet Holden wouldn't of been sacked. I suppose Ladapo is a replacement but he needs time as he is rusty.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    jondon76 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And for those saying there would be an announcement today, I wouldn't say so.. Focus is bring players in next day or so. I don't believe we will have someone before weekend.. For the Reading game, I would say we will have new manager..
    So after signing a load of rubbish because we didn’t have a manager in August, we are going to do the exact same this deadline day. 

That delay in sacking Appleton could really cost us here. We needed a new manager in before the deadline. It just looks so amateur/incompetent to go into 2 deadline days with no manager, especially after the first went so badly 
    They then appointed Appleton, who just like those late signings were cheap options.

Not having a manager probably won’t help, but players also know managers get sacked all the time. Budget is likely the bigger factor, and that appears to have been increased from the signings we’ve made and managers were talking to.
    This.. Players in league one rarely sign just for the manager.. They may say it in the interview, that the manager had a big part to play.. That is all smoke and mirrors!
    Come on its a big help if we have a manager in place. 
    Of course, but to say players come to a club because of a manager isn't correct either.. $$ and there role with in team is the key factors. 
    And their role within the team is the decision of the manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 31
    If we win Saturday Fleming till the end of season ?
    quite likely and not the worst outcome, even a point at Derby will be a big improvement and a pointer to the future
  • Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And for those saying there would be an announcement today, I wouldn't say so.. Focus is bring players in next day or so. I don't believe we will have someone before weekend.. For the Reading game, I would say we will have new manager..
    So after signing a load of rubbish because we didn’t have a manager in August, we are going to do the exact same this deadline day. 

That delay in sacking Appleton could really cost us here. We needed a new manager in before the deadline. It just looks so amateur/incompetent to go into 2 deadline days with no manager, especially after the first went so badly 
    They then appointed Appleton, who just like those late signings were cheap options.

Not having a manager probably won’t help, but players also know managers get sacked all the time. Budget is likely the bigger factor, and that appears to have been increased from the signings we’ve made and managers were talking to.
    This.. Players in league one rarely sign just for the manager.. They may say it in the interview, that the manager had a big part to play.. That is all smoke and mirrors!
    This is nonsense. 
    Of course, managers play a part in a player's decision!

That's right a player going to accept 3 grand a week less, to go and play with a manager... 
    Yep, just like Lyle Taylor did.

I have (luckily) mixed with many ex-Charlton players especially while we had Bowyer. I know for a fact, that 2 of our better players that year joined and signed on because of the manager and wanted to play under Bowyer. The source on that was the players themselves (while we were chatting during a 4-ball golf day)
    Another example is that I know Lyle also joined us on 4K a week and had 3 offers that were all offering more than us.
    Again, nonsense to say managers don't have an impact. You may get the leaks that the SMT are leaking on purpose (which is bonkers by the way) but when it comes down to players, I know what I am talking about.

I agree in some cases but you don't think that Greenwich born Taylor who just had his best season at Wimbledon after travelling as far north as Scotland in a journeyman career wasn't looking for a club nearer to his family and friends and stay in the London/kent suburbs for a while. We know he was selfish to get the one big contract of his career later and that has been covered ad nauseam for his Journey to Sherwood forest and turning into an outlaw in the eyes of Charlton folk.

I found Taylor very talkative( not many people out talk me !) When meeting at a cafc woman's game he had sponsored and we chatted more about his roots in SE London and his father's roots in Montserrat.

I had a great chat with the family man that is Jayden Stockley, smashing guy who is as happy off the field as he can look aggressive and frustrated on the field. This was at a NT property and he was with his wife, two daughters and wee new born son.
    He said, I want to stay in the south and have no desire to take my family back up North(had been at Preston) 
    This was after the season he had scored 20 in all competitions.

When he went to Fleetwood after losing the captaincy and being dropped by Garner he had fallen down the slippery slope and his options were more limited.

Money then Location are the main reasons and for the lucky minority who have options, the manager.
    100%
  • edited January 31
    who is @DubaiCAFC .. is he a confirmed 'In The Knower' ?, a guesser or dreamer like the rest of us ? .. we need to know 
  • Lennie Lawrence said years ago that when players regard managers they are thinking ‘can he/she make me a better player?’.
    Now ‘better’ can be personal to their game, but can also mean getting lots of points, wins, clean sheets, goals, medals and trophies.
    When I trained as a referee it was put to me that any pre match instructions should not be longer than 30 seconds due to the attention span of the average player, and Karl Robinson suggested to me that most players are unable even to read.
  • Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

This is nonsense. 

That's right a player going to accept 3 grand a week less, to go and play with a manager... 
    Yep, just like Lyle Taylor did.

I have (luckily) mixed with many ex-Charlton players especially while we had Bowyer. I know for a fact, that 2 of our better players that year joined and signed on because of the manager and wanted to play under Bowyer. The source on that was the players themselves (while we were chatting during a 4-ball golf day)
    Another example is that I know Lyle also joined us on 4K a week and had 3 offers that were all offering more than us.
    Managers do have an impact. You may have a solid source about the SMT which I think they are leaking on purpose (which would be bonkers by the way) but when it comes down to players, I know what I am talking about.
    Sorry I missed this.. Look managers do have a pull, but certainly as not as much as they did years gone by.. Location plays a big part, salary, club ambition and what the club have planned for them (looking to sell them on, build a team around them, or gap filler) then manager comes in to. Most of the time now, a player doesn't even speak to the manager until the player is happy with the other parts of the deal..

Gathered you know what you are talking about, and have good knowledge, and got it on the ball with Dobbo getting another improved contract offer.  
  • edited January 31
    Redhenry said:
    It has to be good news if Jones is appointed, he would not join us unless some promises have been made for investment in the playing side.
    Promises can be broken.....and often are. 
    Tell me about it. :)
  • Addick_8 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

This is nonsense. 

I think the salient point is that we DON'T have a manager at the moment.  It's one thing choosing to get into a boat with Captain Bligh or Fletcher Christian but its another one deciding to get into a rudderless one  !!
    Nice nautical analogies there. We all need to move on from house buying.  
    On that theme seems we may also have, given the leaks from the SMT, a case of ‘loose lips sink ships’ 😆
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Just a reminder we signed 7 players ..there long way from being a load of rubbish 
  • If Aneke and Leaburn weren't injured i bet Holden wouldn't of been sacked. I suppose Ladapo is a replacement but he needs time as he is rusty.
    They got injured well
    into MA rein as manger in fact think we had only lost 3/4 out 16 when the injuries struck 
  • Obviously it's important to take the time to appoint the right man, but...

The board took too long to sack Appleton, and now taking a too long to agree on his replacement, when they should have seen this coming weeks ago.

Especially when you consider the fact they delayed the inevitable with Appleton when we were already into the January transfer window. Same thing in the summer backing Holden with the signings he wanted, pre-season etc and then changing their mind 5 games in.
  • This site sometimes 😤😤😤

we need a striker, any striker.....but not that one

the club is poor at communication, we need to
    know what is happening.....it's unprofessional to leak stuff to Dubai 

the last two managerial decisions have been bad, it needs to be right this time....why is it taking so long

ffs, we have become such a moaning fan base. 
    Indeed.
  • This site sometimes 😤😤😤

the last two managerial decisions have been bad, it needs to be right this time....why is it taking so long

It might have something to do with just being a few points outside of the relegation places for league 2.
    Just saying. 
  • shirty5 said:
    This site sometimes 😤😤😤

Are you moaning at the moaners? 
    You better not be moaning at those moaning at the moaners.