Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited January 31
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The board don’t all agree on Jones, so maybe not as close as some think 
    When you say 'board' what individuals are you referring to ? (I realise you may not be intending to be literal with that label).

I find the description on the various announcements less than claer as to who our board comprises.

It could be a combination of all/any of the below (I think):

Managing Director: James Rodwell (Chairman)

Group Finance Director: Ed Warrick

Technical Director: Andy Scott

Non-Executive Director: Paul Elliott CBE MBE

Non-Executive Director: Gavin Carter 

Sporting Director Simon Lenagan

Steve Sutherland (as member of SMT)

PLUS the 'co-owners':

Co-Owners:

Gabriel Brener and family

Joshua Friedman and family

Warren Rosenfeld and family

ACA Football Partners

Munir Javeri

Charlie Methven

Marc Boyan

Since when has Lenegan been sporting director.. must missed that one being announced.. 

So he has been refereed to here as Technical Adviserhttps://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic

And here as Sporting Diretor: https://www.charltonafc.com/staff

Regardless who did you intend to refer to in your update?
    So not directly employed by Charlton, he is part of GFP. 

I would say it is a split on the U.K. board over Jones.
    My query though was who do you understand to be the (UK) Board?

Im not being facetious I just don’t know who that set of people are in the context of deciding the manager. 
    Methven, Carter, Rodwell, Elliot, Scott and Lenagan (which is a person who doesn't seems to be out the spot light, but seems to have a bigger say than most)
  • Morning odds…

- Nathan Jones 6/4
    - Nigel Pearson 3/1
    - Neil Warnock 4/1
    - Michael Duff 5/1
    - John Eustace 5/1
    - Mark Bonner 10/1
    - Gareth Ainsworth 14/1
    - 16/1 bar
    27th January morning update…

- Nathan Jones 1/2
    - Alex Neil 7/2
    - Neil Warnock 6/1
    - Michael Duff 6/1
    - Nigel Pearson 8/1
    - John Eustace 10/1
    - 20/1 bar
    28th January update…

- Nathan Jones 2/1
    - Mark Warburton 2/1
    - Gary Rowett 4/1
    - Alex Neil 6/1
    - Michael Duff 8/1
    - Neil Warnock 8/1
    - Nigel Pearson 10/1
    - John Eustace 12/1
    - 20/1 bar
    29th January update, unchanged from 24 hours ago
    30th January…

- Nathan Jones 4/7
    - Mark Warburton 4/1
    - Gary Rowett 4/1
    - Alex Neil 8/1
    - Neil Warnock 10/1
    - Michael Duff 10/1
    - Nigel Pearson 12/1
    - Darren Moore 14/1
    - 20/1 bar

31st January

- Nathan Jones EVS
    - Gary Rowett 2/1
    - Mark Warburton 5/1
    - Alex Neil 10/1
    - Michael Duff 12/1
    - Neil Warnock 12/1
    - Nigel Pearson 14/1
    - Darren Moore 16/1
    - 20/1 bar
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Also just to clarify, there are no cracks on the board, there might be disagreements on appointments of managers or sacking managers, but that doesn't mean there are cracks or falling outs.. It is actually health to have differing opinions and ideas on the table.. And some might not agree.. But if the majority agree, they will go with it..

If you ask me, do I think they will appoint Jones,50/50 but I wouldn't write off Rowett
    Isnt everything 50/50, I mean either they do or they dont?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 31
    And for those saying there would be an announcement today, I wouldn't say so.. Focus is bring players in next day or so. I don't believe we will have someone before weekend.. For the Reading game, I would say we will have new manager..
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Also just to clarify, there are no cracks on the board, there might be disagreements on appointments of managers or sacking managers, but that doesn't mean there are cracks or falling outs.. It is actually health to have differing opinions and ideas on the table.. And some might not agree.. But if the majority agree, they will go with it..

If you ask me, do I think they will appoint Jones,50/50 but I wouldn't write off Rowett
    So are you saying it's between those 2?  I'd be delighted if that's the case as either would be a statement appointment in my opinion 
  • Since Lee Bowyer left in 2021, excluding caretakers, our managers have lasted (including cups)....
    Nigel Adkins..... 7 months, 26 matches
    Johnnie Jackson.... 7 months, 40 matches
    Ben Garner...... 6 months, 29 matches
    Dean Holden..... 8 months, 32 matches
    Michael Appleton..... 5 months, 29 matches
    Including caretakers, since 2014 we've had 16 managers. In a decade.
    That's as many managers as CAFC had in total (including caretakers) from 1967 to 2014. 47 years.

Mainly because the appointment was the wrong one in the first place. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Still, sacking someone and then not sacking someone without a consensus is pretty amateur.
    May have not been sacked him to his face, but in terms of agreement of the board.. And timelines of when things were due to happen.. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Still, sacking someone and then not sacking someone without a consensus is pretty amateur.
    and not having a replacement lined up is the biggest issue for me. 
  • I think they’re all gonna do a shit job for us and stick by that until we’re in The Championship and woe betide any Cnut taking the EFL Cnut trophy serious trying to brainwash our twunt fan base that that’s some type of success.
    shithouse league and a shithouse club until in the championship 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

May have not been sacked him to his face, but in terms of agreement of the board.. And timelines of when things were due to happen.. 
    if we all knew, then Appleton knew.
  • Not getting rid of Appleton weeks ago when it was obvious he was not up to the job was a mistake. 
    Not having a replacement lined up to take over was another mistake. 
    But when it's  Andy Scott in charge of things I'm really not surprised. 
    The sooner our American owners realise that he is incompetent and replace him the better. 
    Under this clown we are sleepwalking into league Two.
    How many more failed managerial appointments and signings is he going to be allowed? It’s no wonder the owners are stepping in here. Hard to trust him. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

100% as I mentioned earlier, was bang out of order, allowing him to go in to that Tuesday game
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

100% as I mentioned earlier, was bang out of order, allowing him to go in to that Tuesday game
    Out of interest, do you think he would've been sacked last Tuesday regardless of the result?

As you say,out of order to send him out for the game if that was the case 
  • Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And for those saying there would be an announcement today, I wouldn't say so.. Focus is bring players in next day or so. I don't believe we will have someone before weekend.. For the Reading game, I would say we will have new manager..
    So after signing a load of rubbish because we didn’t have a manager in August, we are going to do the exact same this deadline day. 

That delay in sacking Appleton could really cost us here. We needed a new manager in before the deadline. It just looks so amateur/incompetent to go into 2 deadline days with no manager, especially after the first went so badly 
    They then appointed Appleton, who just like those late signings were cheap options.

Not having a manager probably won’t help, but players also know managers get sacked all the time. Budget is likely the bigger factor, and that appears to have been increased from the signings we’ve made and managers were talking to.
    But how often have we signed players that the next manager is then not happy with and doesn’t use? It was obvious Appleton was going to be sacked, if we’d done it a bit earlier we could have got a manager in to influence tomorrow so that we sign players he will actually use 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Out of interest, do you think he would've been sacked last Tuesday regardless of the result?

As you say,out of order to send him out for the game if that was the case 
    Yes.. I believe so. Scott thought they might be able to get win with him in charge.