Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Still wouldn't be surprised if it was Warburton. Would he have crossed paths with Scott at Brentford? 
    I reckon you might be right. Another (slightly less than Appleton) beige appointment. 
    I just can’t see them going dynamic. It’ll rock the boat too much. 
    I really hope I’m wrong otherwise mediocrity is dialled into this lot. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly
    Rowett won't be taking the job
    He is being paid by Millwall until end of August
    He is paid by Sky to do Soccer Saturday
    We are offering a fair whack for a team bottom 6 in Division 3
    But not as much as Rowett gets currently
    He also wanted to be Manager not Head Coach and have more control than was being offered

#preyforjones
    I think any interview Rowett may have had with Charlton would have been more for his benefit than Charltons. 
    Definitely not
    He feels Charlton are a bigger club than Millwall 
    I DID snigger when told
    Obviously.
  • Seems sensible to delay announcing new manager/head coach until after Saturday in case we get a tonking by Derby. 
  • edited January 31
    Valley11 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Still wouldn't be surprised if it was Warburton. Would he have crossed paths with Scott at Brentford? 
    I reckon you might be right. Another (slightly less than Appleton) beige appointment. 
    I just can’t see them going dynamic. It’ll rock the boat too much. 
    I really hope I’m wrong otherwise mediocrity is dialled into this lot. 

I'm just not sure if the timelines of Scott being there as manager and then Technical Director/Chief Scout and Warburton being on their coaching staff and then manager quite exactly line up. Just feels like him coming in on the odds suddenly is more than someone putting a pound on a small market.
  • edited January 31
    @supaclive has Rowett’s Dad implied that he is fully out of the running or is he negotiating on the salary issue I.e if Charlton offer something nearer his previous championship wage would he take the role?
  • edited January 31
    seth plum said:
    I thought the decisions are made by those who hold the majority of the shareholding.
    If there is some mechanism that devolves the decision making to one person then I wonder who that person (or persons granted) is.
    Appleton was sacked by somebody, and the new manager/coach will be appointed by somebody.
    Is it reasonable that fans ask where the buck stops with regard to hiring and firing of Managers/Coaches?

As with most businesses there will be an agreed delegation of authority but even in  listed entities, some decisions are reserved for shareholders to approve (known as class 1 transactions). Shareholders in listed companies can vote against the re-election of any director at the next general meeting. In the case of a consortium, whilst a shareholders agreement may dictate the delegated authority, it would be a foolish chief executive or chairman that does not consult the major shareholders about major decisions such as this.
    I hope the major shareholders whoever exactly they are, are all across this, even taking the lead, after all it's their club they own.
    I also hope the major shareholders are very aware and knowledgeable enough about football, and Charlton Athletic specifically, to not be scammed or bullshitted.
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly
    He also wanted to be Manager not Head Coach and have more control than was being offered

#preyforjones

Thanks for sharing.

Not good news and slightly worrying that if we're not offering enough to land Rowett the same might apply to Jones.

WIOTOS 
  • edited January 31
    cafc_se7 said:
    I’m fine with either Jones or Rowett.

I think Jones has a higher ceiling and could build a philosophy akin to Luton which may have longer term success, however there is a chance it goes tits up this season if it takes too long to bed in his style and we could be looking at the drop in the worst case scenario.

Under rowett we would not go down but I think there is less chance of him getting us promoted next season but certainly not impossible.

Very difficult decision tbh and I’m not surprised the SMT are taking time to get it right.
    This mirrors my opinion. Rowett is not the man to rebuild this club! Jones is, it’s as simple as that.

The thing is will either of them get the knee jerk reaction needed to get us out of the mire. 
    I'd be happier with the pair of them installed in less challenging conditions, get Warnock in and he'll sort it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely Jones would have been on more at premier league southampton than rowett at champ Millwall?
  • redbuttle said:
    supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    Jones will turn us down next (hope not). 
    Sorry to say this but I tend to feel the same as you and think we will end up with another nobody as manager. Hope I am wrong but have a bad feeling an out it. 
    Where does it say we offered him anything ?

agsin it’s 2+ 2 making 5 
  • @supaclive has Rowett’s Dad implied that he is fully out of the running or is he negotiating on the salary issue I.e if Charlton offer something nearer his previous championship wage would he take the role?
    I think it's finished from what he was saying......
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    Or he hasn’t been given the job and is covering all bases.
  • edited January 31
    The amount of times we’ve had the answer right in front of us, but turned away from it to go a cheaper or more compliant route is staggering
    Genuinely think there’s a Palace fan somewhere with a voodoo doll of The Valley 

• Valley11 said:
    The amount of times we’ve had the answer right in front of us, but turned away from it to go a cheaper or more compliant route is staggering
    Genuinely think there’s a Palace fan somewhere with a voodoo doll of The Valley 

I think Jones is first choice anyway so fingers crossed it still gets done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Please get Jones 
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    He paid by Millwall till end of August or till he finds a new role .. he not on soccer Saturday may get one gig when it’s international weekend 
    Me fed up with your illiterate nonsense.
    I'm just fed up with his nonsense.
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    He paid by Millwall till end of August or till he finds a new role .. he not on soccer Saturday may get one gig when it’s international weekend 
    Have we never considered that English might not be Ronnie's mother tongue? 

Surely not a Belgian mole in the camp.....
    He's definitely English. I know who he is.
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones

Ah, should have added a smiley ! 

A poor effort at trying to lift the mood on here tonight.
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones

Two sheds 🤣✌️
  • supaclive said:
    Evening all!
    I have bad news sadly

#preyforjones
    He was on last weekend, no internationals on unless you know differently of course.
  • Our owners have to put their money where their mouth is, if they want Jones 
  • Good , Rowett I’m intuitively guessing would be shit
  • Cannot see any point in all this anxiety about who or why or even when. 

We don't have any say in the decision so it's just better to chill out and wait and see what decision is made. 

Then the cycle can start all over again 😊