Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• I wonder if Nigel Pearson is coming in after playing and Managing with our Curtis? Might be wrong but why did he come to us? 
  • I wonder if Nigel Pearson is coming in after playing and Managing with our Curtis? Might be wrong but why did he come to us? 
    That if true would mean the sacking of Appleton has been planned for weeks and the interview process now being undertaken is a complete sham. Both Fleming and Pearson would be complicit. I think there’s zero chance of this being true.
  • I'd happily keep Fleming around. I know most managers will come with their own setup but Fleming seems like a very good communicator and someone worth seeing if he stays under a new regime. 
  • seth plum said:
    When people dress up as clowns it makes me wonder about them. Like they think if they wear exaggerated make up, colourful clothes and oversized shoes they are automatically funny, and more worryingly attractive to children!
    To be funny you have to do a lot more than dress up, not expect a knee jerk amused reaction just because of your appearance. 
    People being clowns are not so much scary as creepy, not really harmless fun but weird indulgence for the costumed adult.
    I say, interesting clown comments. How do you feel about men dressed up as women?
  • edited January 28
    Having listened to Peter Shirtliff doing a guest commentary stint on Charlton Live today, I reckon if we need a defensive coach he would fit the bill perfectly.
    His comments on our poor defensive mistakes were all spot on each and every time.
    Good shout, however I fear that his views would be made loud and clear and the fragile little poppets might get upset and tell their mummies, when they get picked up after training (daycare). 

I'm thinking of pitching a new show to Channel 4. You've probably heard of the'Undateables', how about the 'Uncoachables'

• Latest odds.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    What about Karen Hills? (Only half joking) what an incredible job she is doing.
    Erm...she's a woman. (Not even half joking)
  • When do we think a new manager will be appointed?

I'm assuming it'll be this week.  I reckon Wednesday or Thursday
    Saturday evening..
  • Troll alert
  • I think someone will be appointed by Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Major said:
    seth plum said:
    When people dress up as clowns it makes me wonder about them. Like they think if they wear exaggerated make up, colourful clothes and oversized shoes they are automatically funny, and more worryingly attractive to children!
    To be funny you have to do a lot more than dress up, not expect a knee jerk amused reaction just because of your appearance. 
    People being clowns are not so much scary as creepy, not really harmless fun but weird indulgence for the costumed adult.
    I say, interesting clown comments. How do you feel about men dressed up as women?
    I would need a bit more information regarding the difference between dressing as a man and dressing as a woman.
  • seth plum said:
    Major said:
    seth plum said:
    I would need a bit more information regarding the difference between dressing as a man and dressing as a woman.
    Clothes are made differently - buttons on different sides, less (or even no) pockets on women's trousers/blazers. Higher waisted trousers for women. 
  • Morning odds…

- Nathan Jones 6/4
    - Nigel Pearson 3/1
    - Neil Warnock 4/1
    - Michael Duff 5/1
    - John Eustace 5/1
    - Mark Bonner 10/1
    - Gareth Ainsworth 14/1
    - 16/1 bar
    27th January morning update…

- Nathan Jones 1/2
    - Alex Neil 7/2
    - Neil Warnock 6/1
    - Michael Duff 6/1
    - Nigel Pearson 8/1
    - John Eustace 10/1
    - 20/1 bar
    28th January update…

- Nathan Jones 2/1
    - Mark Warburton 2/1
    - Gary Rowett 4/1
    - Alex Neil 6/1
    - Michael Duff 8/1
    - Neil Warnock 8/1
    - Nigel Pearson 10/1
    - John Eustace 12/1
    - 20/1 bar
    29th January update, unchanged from 24 hours ago
  • Ronald McDonald not even on the list 'Shurely shome mishtake?'
  • Nathan Jones set for further talks with #cafc this week.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 29, 2024
  • Is that the latest James Bond actor odds?
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Whatever you think of Jones if he comes in these owners can't be accused of doing it on the cheap anymore
    When I looked at the names on the odds list this morning, I was thinking that we're after all still an attractive club despite being at the bottom half of the table of third division, as some of them have managed Premiere clubs and done well/OK.
  •  fenaddick said:
    Just hope he's in before the window closes. Would surely be a draw to players
    I'm not sure how much say a manager has on transfers under Scott
  • Jones should have the desire to come in and prove himself after the Saints job and show he can do a job anywhere rather than just Luton. 

Think it will be good appointment if it comes about, echoing others, it shows ambition. 

See what happens from here.. 
  •  fenaddick said:
    Just hope he's in before the window closes. Would surely be a draw to players
    I'm not sure how much say a manager has on transfers under Scott
    Not saying he would pick but if I was a player I'd rather sign for a club with Nathan Jones as a manager than virtually any of the other clubs in L1. I wouldn't want Jones getting involved in identifying the targets before he's even taken a full match
  • Jessie said:
    Is that the latest James Bond actor odds?
    Yes Miss Moneypenny