Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Macronate said:
    Warburton not for me.

He’s 12th in line and has made no effort.
    Brilliant. 
  • So Warburton comes into 2/1 Jt fav & no one says a word.
    Sandwiched between Jones and Rowett on the odds listing.
  • swordfish said:
    So Warburton comes into 2/1 Jt fav & no one says a word.
    Sandwiched between Jones and Rowett on the odds listing.
    Yeasterdays man. 
  • Jessie said:

Why's Nigel Pearson not on the list? Did anything happen or is his name just right below these managers on the betting list? I used the search funtion on this forum to see what happened regarding Pearson but it wouldn't show all the results in this thread apart from just one post from 4 days ago.
    His health is not good. Back probs. Neuro probs. 
    Thanks.
  • edited January 28
    From October:
    NIGEL PEARSON has revealed he is suffering from a neurological issue but insists it won't hold him back. The Bristol City boss has been on crutches for the last six weeks owing to back pain. Tests have been conducted on the problem and surgery is needed.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    From October:
    NIGEL PEARSON has revealed he is suffering from a neurological issue but insists it won't hold him back. The Bristol City boss has been on crutches for the last six weeks owing to back pain. Tests have been conducted on the problem and surgery is needed.
    That looks a bit serious. Hopefully the surgery went well.
  • When people dress up as clowns it makes me wonder about them. Like they think if they wear exaggerated make up, colourful clothes and oversized shoes they are automatically funny, and more worryingly attractive to children!
    To be funny you have to do a lot more than dress up, not expect a knee jerk amused reaction just because of your appearance. 
    People being clowns are not so much scary as creepy, not really harmless fun but weird indulgence for the costumed adult.
  • seth plum said:
    When people dress up as clowns it makes me wonder about them. Like they think if they wear exaggerated make up, colourful clothes and oversized shoes they are automatically funny, and more worryingly attractive to children!
    To be funny you have to do a lot more than dress up, not expect a knee jerk amused reaction just because of your appearance. 
    People being clowns are not so much scary as creepy, not really harmless fun but weird indulgence for the costumed adult.
    Clowns, clowns costumes and clown humour has a very long history. At least as far as the Egyptians. There’s more to clowns than your observation Seth.
  • seth plum said:
    When people dress up as clowns it makes me wonder about them. Like they think if they wear exaggerated make up, colourful clothes and oversized shoes they are automatically funny, and more worryingly attractive to children!
    Clowns, clowns costumes and clown humour has a very long history. At least as far as the Egyptians. There’s more to clowns than your observation Seth.
    Yes. In Italy, especially from areas of traditional Italian theatre like Commedia dell’arte or Pagliacci the notion of ‘clowns’ is as established as goodies and baddies. And in traditional Circus a tripping over ‘clown’ or ‘clowns’ with comedy cars and custard pies has its place.
    My issue is with adults merely dressing up and thinking that does the trick, that is enough. There being no context.
    Suspicious and disturbing if the mindset is ‘if I dress up I will automatically be regarded as funny and a good guy’. For me (maybe only me) they are rather creepy, not scary but creepy.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I get that people come on here and move away from the thread topic, we are all guilty.

but this is the best one ever! I never thought I would learn that Seth hates clowns on a next Charlton coach thread.

keeping it off topic, not a fan of Stephen Kings IT then Seth?
    Hang on. It wasn’t me that posted the picture of the clown queue.
    ’It’ is not a great book (or film) contrived and not scary. However Stephen King at the top of his game is a superb writer, sometimes written off by the intelligentsia because of the stupidly lurid covers of his paperback books.
    For example his short story ‘The Body’ (which became the film ‘Stand By Me) it to my mind a masterpiece.
  • Warburton should stick to making bread I don't want him.
  • jondon76 said:
    Warburton should stick to making bread I don't want him.
    Got a nice bit of crumpet though...
  • seth plum said:
    Paedophiles the lot of them 😄.
  • @The Red Robin
    what AI programme did you use for that?
  • Sorry I started this,  What a clown Silly billy I am.   :wink:
    ...that's better...🙄
  • DA9 said:
    @The Red Robin
    For the club statement, ChatGPT. For the image, https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/text2img
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    @The Red Robin
    For the club statement, ChatGPT. For the image, https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/text2img
    Many Thanks 
  • Gareth Ainsworth just touting himself to L1 clubs on Sky……
  • Just watched Neil Warnock on golf life talking to tubes and Bullard and after watching that I’d love to have him for 18 months his man management sounds next level.
  • Yann897 said:
    Just watched Neil Warnock on golf life talking to tubes and Bullard and after watching that I’d love to have him for 18 months his man management sounds next level.
    I watch them religiously every Sunday. I thought exactly the same watching that this morning! I think it was mentioned previously though, he is way too clever and shrewd to work under this lot! 
  • When do we think a new manager will be appointed?

I'm assuming it'll be this week.  I reckon Wednesday or Thursday
  • When do we think a new manager will be appointed?

I'm assuming it'll be this week.  I reckon Wednesday or Thursday
    Hopefully before the window closes.
  • Think we will have the same pair in charge for the Derby game. 
    As to who the manager is just hope he can work miracles with the lot we have.