Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• supaclive said:
    Gribbo said:
    The more I hear from Fleming, the more I'm liking him tbh
    He talks very well - but that set up for today's game - with 8 defenders on the pitch to start with isn't for me

Hopefully just an attempt to stop the rot, Curbs-style. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, if he's still in charge for the next game and plays the same team/formation I'll be peed off
    We play Derby next. Expect more of the same to minimise the openings and a bit more connectivity going forward after a bit of training ground work. 
  • If anyone is interested in the job let’s hope they weren’t there today. 
    Rowett was in the Sky Studio. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Way too many on twitter saying Fleming should get the season off a gritty 1-1.

😷
    Really struggle with our fanbase at times 
  • edited January 27
    Croydon said:

Typically measured responses from Charlton fans to an interview on twitter
    I could listen to him post match every week, speaks with passion and heart, sounds like he treats the players as humans also.  I think he’ll make a good boss one day.

EDIT: emphasis on the “one day”.
  • I do like what I hear from & not being there today I cant really comment on the set up, but from what was said on here during the match Watson (L) and Kanu need to be starting.
  • edited January 27
    I think Fleming could be a very good manager for someone, but it's the wrong time for it to be at Charlton.

I like him though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Be happy with Flemming until end of season, while they search for a long therm solution. 

Personally can't see the difference in having the likes of Euell, Bow, CP or, Jackson, and having any other unproven or meh "journeyman" manager. The theory that the only success we've had in recent history has come from former Charlton players, may only be true because of the amount of former players we've employed as managers in recent history.

A nice clean sheet with a manager that comes with some sort of pedigree and proven record.

Since Curbs we've had 15 managers according to the thread on here ranking them all.

Of the 15 we've had Powell, Bowyer, Jackson and Pardew with any Charlton connection and 11 outside appointments and if the next one is another outside appointment that'd be 4 out of 16 a 25% appointment rate.

Of the 11/15 outside appointments the best we can point to is 1 unsuccessful League One play offs attempt. Hardly a ringing endorsement to bring someone outside in. I couldn't even tell you who the last successful one was. You could argue a case for Jose Riga keeping us up in The Championship but others have claimed his support staff deserved as much credit as him.

All for a nice clean sheet someone with pedigree and a proven record but we don't have a proven record of these appointments working nor getting instant goodwill with the fans.
  • @supaclive can you elaborate more on what you heard about Rowett?
  • Dazzler21 said:

😷
    I was personally happy to give Fleming a go until the end of the season before today's game, just off the back of how he spoke in his press conferences and a couple of interviews. 

After today's game, I've sort of lost interest again...
  • Gribbo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

😷
    I was personally happy to give Fleming a go until the end of the season before today's game, just off the back of how he spoke in his press conferences and a couple of interviews. 

After today's game, I've sort of lost interest again...
    He's had two days. Just saying...
  • Players have the next 2 days off, so hopefully we have a manager appointed in that time and ready to go for Tuesdays return to training 
  • Mark Warburton  has come out of nowhere & gone 2-1 joint favourite in the betting 
  • edited January 27
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    We knead better 
    We do, but he has to earn a crust.
  • edited January 27
    Would get the best out of bakerinson
  • If anyone is interested in the job let’s hope they weren’t there today. 
    Rowett was in the Sky Studio. 
    and that is probably where he'll stay .. almost a job for life, but t b f most of those for life roles are to be found over on the BBC
  • Brownie12 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We knead better 
    We do, but he has to earn a crust.
    If he does well he'll get a rise. 
  • Gotta be something in it for him to go favourite, don’t think it would be terrible but can think of atleast 5/6 id rather have. 
  • If he does get the job, I hope he gets at yeast a couple of transfer windows
  • Warburton and Scott have a Brentford link. They weren’t there at the same time but Warburton did very well at Brentford so Scott will be very aware of him. Not my first choice at all but he is a decent coach. Feels a little Adkins’y though.