Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited January 26
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Understand list is down to 4 now.. And one has really impressed.. And I haven't seen him mentioned.. win rate of 41% and promotions to his record..
    Leam Richardson?

Edit: Didnt realise he was Rotherham Manager now
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Understand list is down to 4 now.. And one has really impressed.. And I haven't seen him mentioned.. win rate of 41% and promotions to his record..
    That’s quite a clue. Someone will work it out I’m sure.
  • It’s Klopp
    Fleming till the end of the season and Klopp takes over to lead our charge out of L2
  • It is quite acceptable for Millwall fans to take the piss over our latest troubles. 
    I wish that @MillwallFan was better at it though, no creative turn of phrase, no memorable original lines, rather predictably vapid. 
    For a supporter base who ‘don’t care’ I am surprised any Millwall fan wants to bother to post their low grade GCSE cliché’s anyway, when they could be celebrating the new name of Zampa road.
  • Graham Potter has a 41% win rate but don’t think he has a promotion.
  • I hope the new Liverpool manager wants to sell Joe Gomez for 70-80 million pounds.
  • Even Bowyer would have failed (or resigned) with Scott sticking his nose in.

So will the next scapegoat. 
    I don't get posts like this. How many of the professional clubs in the top four divisions have directors of football who deal with transfers. It isn't just us! Rightly or wrongly It's the modern way
    How many are blessed with both a technical director and a sporting director? 

The modern way it seems is getting as many of your mates involved as possible.

Thank goodness we’ve appointed a head of football administration too, so they are not distracted from their work.
    That has digressed from the point re Scott sticking his nose in and how many clubs have someone doing a similar role to Scott.

i have an afc supporting friend who has shares. His view on a director of fottball

managers choice of forward, Josh davisson
    Dof- Al-hamadi 

it can work. The view that a dof sticks his nose in is antiquated 
    Indeed, but do we conceivably need two people in that role in L1? And thst’s before we get to Methven.
    Probably not. But that doesn't mean Scott is sticking his nose in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Promotions and a 41% win rate? There’s only one man who fits that profile…

• Won promotion from the championship and league one.. But that being said, his last job didn't go to well..
  • edited January 26
    As an alternative to win percentages, as Scott talked about stopping the losing mentality, here are some loss rates for comparison over managerial careers.

Jones (29.4%)
    Duff (30.8%)
    Eustace (32.4%)
    Warnock (32.7%)
    Pearson (34.1%)
    Adkins (35.0%)
    Appleton (35.5%)
    Powell (35.9%)
    Ainsworth (37.2%)
    Bowyer (38.3%)
    Bonner (40.3%)

Obviously of limited value, but it appears our current favourite has the best track record in avoiding defeat.

Edit: Jurgen Klopp (21.9%)
  • swordfish said:
    As an alternative to win percentages, as Scott talked about stopping the losing mentality, here are some loss rates for comparison over managerial careers.

Jones (29.4%)
    Duff (30.8%)
    Eustace (32.4%)
    Warnock (32.7%)
    Pearson (34.1%)
    Adkins (35.0%)
    Appleton (35.5%)
    Powell (35.9%)
    Ainsworth (37.2%)
    Bowyer (38.3%)
    Bonner (40.3%)

Obviously of limited value, but it appears our current favourite has the best track record in avoiding defeat.
    Not on this list
  • edited January 26
    Graham Alexander, 42% win rate, promotions with Fleetwood and Salford. 

Currently in 16th with Bradford. I'm sure that would be popular. Cheap though!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    @Callumcafc do your thing!
    Steady on it's 5am in his part of the world...
  • edited January 26
    Paul Cook, 45% win rate. Multiple promotions. 

Mentioned Simon Grayson earlier, as a joke.

DubaiCAFC said:
    Won promotion from the championship and league one.. But that being said, his last job didn't go to well..
    Oh, Paul Lambert? Got Norwich from L1 to Prem. 
  • Oh thank god. Ainsworth's win rate is only 38.5
  • Chunes said:
    Paul Cook, 45% win rate. Multiple promotions. 

Mentioned Simon Grayson earlier, as a joke.
    I briefly thought of him. He had that Wigan team on fire for a bit in impossible circumstances
  • Sponsored links:

• Klopp has just jacked in Liverpool, I wonder if he wants a real challenge.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Won promotion from the championship and league one.. But that being said, his last job didn't go to well..

Paul Heckingbottom. Promoted with Barnsley from League 1 and Sheffield United to the Prem. 
  • There a Methven link there as well right? Did he not hire him at Sunderland or was that their new owner? 
  • Does everybody in football pass through the Stoke City filtration system?
  • edited January 26
    I’d have Alex Neil over Bowyer and that’s saying something. 
    I’d be all over it if it was him. 
  • tricky said:
    Good Shout guessing this in response to Dubai's comment