Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Wonder if @bobmunro has an insight into Jones?
  • My concern is those in charge think our level is Appleton. That does not bode well for the next one through the door.
    Their ambition is League 1 mid table, what a time to be alive.
    I have a real concern we will be dragged into the fight for relegation.

• In any case, Nathan Jones has been gone too long.
  • I think they should pay up for someone to take us until the end of the season , with a healthy survival bonus to make it worth their while , and then have a look again at the end of the season when we are a mid table team , having won a few games. 

Looking for a long term manager at this stage . we could end up with Apples Mk2 
  • Something about Nathan Jones that I'm really not too keen on. 

Duff, Eustace, Pearson, Powell, Bowyer.

Any of these would be decent appointments I think. 
    You just know we'd end up with Stoke's Jones. 

• Chunes said:
    Is Bielsa still available?  :)

We can't afford the translator 🗣️
    Bielsa would be a good choice as he plays attacking football and does his own spying on the Opposition 🔭
  • My concern is those in charge think our level is Appleton. That does not bode well for the next one through the door.
    Their ambition is League 1 mid table, what a time to be alive.
    I have a real concern we will be dragged into the fight for relegation.

At the risk of being whooshed can I suggest that we already are.

Certainly agree with your first sentence (not suggesting that you've been inside  :#)
  • Bielsa also has a job
  • I realise it a joke but Leeds defending under Bielsa was like looking at ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 24
    I realise it a joke but Leeds defending under Bielsa was like looking at ours.
    We just need to score more goals then the defending doesn't matter :#
  • Jason Euell says he wants it. 
    We are weather we like it or not in a relegation scrap.
    We need an experienced manager to get us to safety. 
    Euell is one for the future. 
  • Wonder if @bobmunro has an insight into Jones?
    As I said earlier, there was little pressure and/or expectation at Luton. 

It's a definite no from me.

• mendonca said:
    Too much inexperience with the interims. Dangerous game.

JJ and Kevin Nugent did really well as caretakers/interims; Points total was impressive.

Andy Scott needs to offer the job to Warnock or Cooper just to the end of the season as Warnock likes to just work in short bursts now and Cooper can get a good Championship job in the summer or even Palace unfortunately still in the Premier for one more season until Eze and Olise move on up. 

Big bonus needs to be dangled to who ever is mad enough to take on the challenge at Cafc.
  • Jason Euell says he wants it. 
    Tell him to get down to makros, I don't think this is the time for Jason
  • I wouldnt be against Curbs until the end of the season to steady the ship and then take it from there. At least he has watched every game this season and knows the players
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Good grief he'd be as welcome as the re-signing of appleton.

The terrible thing is you wouldn't put it past this bunch.
  • I genuinely feel that this team would do better without a manager than with one right now. The team is united at the moment, Appleton kept trying to push shit tactics onto them.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think this will be the Charlton Athletic coach: 

• edited January 24
    Been thinking about Fleming and his arrival 12 days ago is no coincidence in my eyes, particularly as him and Appleton have no history of working together.

So to me either 

1 Fleming had been brought into club to potentially be an Appleton replacement and there’s been a fortnight of understanding the squad etc, The ‘interim’ phase is effectively a trial to see how it goes and if a positive reaction is gained next game or two, he keeps the job.

2. Or he had been catapulted in in advance for who is going to be the next manager, so that when he arrives, his right hand man is already in the building and they are not starting it cold?

Second one seems the most likely to me. I’m 99% it’s not the 3rd option, that he was genuinely brought in to assist Appleton and it’s all been a coincidence and lucky timing for him he finds himself in this position 
    Fleming most recently worked with Nigel Pearson at Bristol City. Jason Euell has mentioned he’s happy to return. Euell worked with Pearson at Bristol City.

X files music plays.

• Nathan Jones is hopefully appointed and he speaks to Brighton about helping Scott or replacing him. I can’t say more but there’s a coincidence Luton have done so well after getting “help” from Brighton. Brighton rate jones very highly. Hopefully Charlie gets off his high horse and higher Jones and speak to Brighton  for guidance. 
  • edited January 24
    Been thinking about Fleming and his arrival 12 days ago is no coincidence in my eyes, particularly as him and Appleton have no history of working together.

So to me either 

1 Fleming had been brought into club to potentially be an Appleton replacement and there’s been a fortnight of understanding the squad etc, The ‘interim’ phase is effectively a trial to see how it goes and if a positive reaction is gained next game or two, he keeps the job.

2. Or he had been catapulted in in advance for who is going to be the next manager, so that when he arrives, his right hand man is already in the building and they are not starting it cold?

Second one seems the most likely to me. I’m 99% it’s not the 3rd option, that he was genuinely brought in to assist Appleton and it’s all been a coincidence and lucky timing for him he finds himself in this position 
    It’s a very valid observation because Flemings appointment was pretty much out of the blue. I’m going option 1. I’ll be quite surprised if we appoint anyone over Fleming unless the next few games are disastrous. Might be worth investing a tenner on him.
  • I think Jones is another Charlton accident waiting to happen. 
    I think Jones is another Charlton accident waiting to happen. 
    I think Jones is another Charlton accident waiting to happen. 
    It must be a first but ...I totally agree SHG! 
  • First I heard of Michael Duff was in Sept 2021 when I googled who the Cheltenham manager was after they ripped us to shreds in the first half of our home defeat to the newly promoted side. 

Cant speak for the second half as we'd gone to the pub. 

He would be my choice. 
  • As much as we need a good coach who’s tactically aware, I feel more than anything we need a high character individual. 

Someone who’ll set the tone, who can handle the emotional basket case this club is in recent years and who can motivate and focus the players to ignore the noise. We then need to prioritise recruiting players with similar character as much as possible as we have a culture/ mentality issue as much as anything at the club as a result of the ownership issues.

For those of you into the NFL think Dan Campbell and the Lions, obviously unlikely to find that type of personality in the EFL but Bowyer effectively did this to some extent in 2019 with similar problems at the club. 

Not saying we rehire Bowyer either just that in these circumstances and in this league it works and can get more out of lesser players IMO. Particularly as I think we’re struggling to attract talent. 

That is also not to say they can be incompetent tactically, and that we don’t need quality players, we obviously need to stop shipping goals. 

But we need someone who can be a true leader of the club, the last few have not had that IMO, I don’t know enough about some of the candidates yet to know if they fit the bill or not tbh.