Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    I think someone said earlier that Lee Johnson and Methven don't get on at all. Also sounds like his Fleetwood stint was nearly as bad as Appleton with us. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉
    Are you sure he wasn't there scouting.. Not sure we need Dyer!

Name I would like to see, but I am not sure we could get him Lee Carsley. 
    It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later
    They certainly have targets, the issue is are they coming..

I heard Jones and Warnock mentioned.. No idea if they have spoken.. As I mentioned the other day, things have gone quiet.

Warnock as a stop gab to keep us up would make a lot of sense. 
    Yep, someone that will throw a few f**** around.
  • Options
    O'Donnell gets the chop too 
    Id have struggled to name him - just anonymous in my opinion. :(
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    Please not Lee Johnson :-(

Don't worry, too busy with his wrestling career now. 

• Options
    Have I missed something? Jones is not on the list
    he might be a fellow Welshman of yours, BUT he is not for us
    He’s proven at this level… was very successful at a club similar in stature to where we are now. I’d argue he is for us 
  • Options
    Joins that unwanted list alongside Patrick van Houdt and Guy Kiala
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Joins that unwanted list alongside Patrick van Houdt and Guy Kiala
    The ultimate Charlton quiz question will be to name all the coaches since Curbs left.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Call me crazy with our current plight but I'd take Jason Euell. I know he is highly rated as a coach and yes, lacks managerial experience but only one way to get that. Been in the game for a long term and I've heard he is fantastic with the players in terms of man-management and connection which I think we desperately need. Also would have the backing of the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF its really interim and needed for this weekend (and not just practically needed for the next day or two)  what was the order of events since Saturday?

When was he really told / what were players told & when and by who?
  • Options
    The proof of the pudding will be the calibre of the manager that finally joins us. If he's shite it's because nobody decent wants to work for Andy Scott. 

We will see but I think I have an idea of what will happen.
  • Options
    Currently it feels like Andy Scott comes on here to get suggestions on transfer targets and potential coaches  :)

But joking aside I assume they are actually going to be inundated with agents pushing various candidates and so names will emerge quite soon who are in serious contention.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think Euell is a crazy suggestion tbh. We are in a historic downward slump and can't be taking such a risk on anyone so untested. 
    But I also think it's crazy to think that Michael Duff, Nathan Jones, and Steve Cooper (LOL) would come here.
    People forget that the Stockport & Peterborough Managers both didn't even entertain a conversation with us. 
    So sticking with purely realistic options, we don't have many options available.
  • Options
    Too much inexperience with the interims. Dangerous game.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉

It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later

I heard Jones and Warnock mentioned.. No idea if they have spoken.. As I mentioned the other day, things have gone quiet.

F****?

Farts, fings, flags?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d give Flemming and Pearce Saturday with a view to appointing a new manager early next week ahead of a huge game at reading.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    I’d give Flemming and Pearce Saturday with a view to appointing a new manager early next week ahead of a huge game at reading.
    Derby first.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Chunes said:
    I think Euell is a crazy suggestion tbh. We are in a historic downward slump and can't be taking such a risk on anyone so untested. 
    But I also think it's crazy to think that Michael Duff, Nathan Jones, and Steve Cooper (LOL) would come here.
    People forget that the Stockport & Peterborough Managers both didn't even entertain a conversation with us. 
    So sticking with purely realistic options, we don't have many options available.
    We are not the most attractive proposition at the moment but we can do better than someone with no track record. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVj45yN72uU

There you go...🙄
    John Sitton as the next boss then.
  • Options
    Good result Saturday and I would expect Fleming to stay in charge until end of season, isn't this the reason he was brought in, in the first place 
  • Options
    Id bring back Cubs overseeing someone like Jason Pearce  or Euell with Steve Brown as defensive coach. 
    Curbs and Brownie call it spot on from Charlton live - they see the issues and know how to fix them - Its not a long term solution but at the moment we have a short term issue. 
    They know the club and the fans would back them for certain. 
    Curbs never got sacked - he left of his own reasons. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Chunes said:
    We are not the most attractive proposition at the moment but we can do better than someone with no track record. 
    Bowyer and Powell are our two best managers in the last 15-odd years both had no track records.
    However, I get your point
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't you think an out of work manager more likely to come? Attracting someone in work I would agree would be more than likely impossible.
    Not suggesting Cooper would for one minute by the way but the others may be interested 
  • Options
    Judging on past experience, Andy Scott doesn't understand that a manager has to have, not only the players belief, but also the crowds. I do recall the response on here when the news of Appleton being given an interview broke and the response was a universal Noooo. I think only Lee Johnson had a higher disapproval rating at the time. I often wonder if that feeling was shared by the players.