Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉
    Are you sure he wasn't there scouting.. Not sure we need Dyer!

Name I would like to see, but I am not sure we could get him Lee Carsley. 
    It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later
    They certainly have targets, the issue is are they coming..

I heard Jones and Warnock mentioned.. No idea if they have spoken.. As I mentioned the other day, things have gone quiet.
    That’s the problem, numerous managers turned us down last time (probably more than we heard about) and we were left with Appleton. Now the job is even less appealing. The real problem here is the clowns in charge. For anyone who wanted to give Methven the benefit of doubt, despite a terrible reputation, can I ask, how’s it going? Are you now convinced he’s an amateurish chancer, or do you need more time?
  • Options
    Karl Robinson but only if he promises not to talk.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Get a good manager in and let him manage - dint dictate a style of play - the manager should have free reign to vary the style as should all the academy teams - this fixation with all teams having to play the same way - players should be able to play in different systems and ideally, positions - it’s utter nonsense dreamt up to facilitate this new technical director role bollox - give me warnock, Powell or bowyer with curbs as advisor and let’s stop f&cking about 
    What you mean someone who operates a 11 v 11 system and adjusts accordingly if needed even in-game, what a good idea
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    swordfish said:
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
    Alex Dyer was there last night apparently. Might be his number two. We could end up with a Duff appointment having Dyer consequences 😉
    Are you sure he wasn't there scouting.. Not sure we need Dyer!

Name I would like to see, but I am not sure we could get him Lee Carsley. 
    It kind of depresses me that the people who leaked you the information that Appleton was being sacked apparently given you no hint of who they have in mind to replace him.
    I sort of hoped they are going to act swiftly and decisively to install a preferred candidate of real pedigree.
    I worry that they are just going to invite applications and hope there is someone good or, worse still, it was sack first think later
    They certainly have targets, the issue is are they coming..

I heard Jones and Warnock mentioned.. No idea if they have spoken.. As I mentioned the other day, things have gone quiet.
    That’s the problem, numerous managers turned us down last time (probably more than we heard about) and we were left with Appleton. Now the job is even less appealing. The real problem here is the clowns in charge. For anyone who wanted to give Methven the benefit of doubt, despite a terrible reputation, can I ask, how’s it going? Are you now convinced he’s an amateurish chancer, or do you need more time?
    Maybe now we’re spending more we’re willing to spend more on wages and we will find out once we see who’s appointed.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Any prospective manager is going to look at our Feb fixture list and wince. Not really been set up for success.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Hearing Kieron Dyer was at the Valley tonight.
    Wow…….you mean THE Kieron Dyer.🫣
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I must admit I did like the idea from Dubai earlier of Lee Carsley, would be a bit of a gamble as he's not got loads of club experience but he's done an excellent job with the England U21s. 
    May have his eye on a job in the senior England set-up when Southgate leaves this summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I must admit I did like the idea from Dubai earlier of Lee Carsley, would be a bit of a gamble as he's not got loads of club experience but he's done an excellent job with the England U21s. 
    May have his eye on a job in the senior England set-up when Southgate leaves this summer. 

Very very good point. Would not be surprised if the FA have him lined up for a role with the seniors. 
  • Options
    It’s all been downhill since it stopped being Redwing 
    Almost right. 

Been going down hill since Eddie Cecil stopped with Lewis Coaches.
    What are nick Smith, Mark deadman and Peter page up to ? 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I honestly think Nathan Jones would sort them out in no time. 
    Well he didn't manage to sort them out at Stoke & Southampton. 
    I think that’s too simplistic. In my opinion we have a set of players who are underperforming significantly. They need someone who knows what they’re doing tactically and can motivate them. I’m pretty sure Jones could do that. 
    I wasn’t expecting to become the Nathan Jones cheerleader, but based on what I know about him, I think he’s the best fit. 
    Also, good luck if you think we’re going to appoint someone who hasn’t failed somewhere, unless you want someone who has never managed before. 
  • Options
    I mean, Pearson feels like the natural fit right now. But the question is over his health. 
  • Options
    Didn't Euell work with Pearson at Bristol City? 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    There better not be another 3-week process. Just choose the man and get it done. 
  • Options
    Give Euell the job as Manager... He was great working with the U21s, a few I imagine are now in the Seniors?

He's then got the knowledge of having worked with Curtis Fleming before as his No.2 - The risk is it doesn't work, and we're royally fucked, you could argue thats the case with anyone you appoint, Euell could be a disaster, he could also be a rip roaring success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer is seen as a bit old school and can dish it out. Definitely what is needed with these players - get him in now. Certain they wont dare concede so many late goals and then have to face him afterwards.
  • Options
    LB happy where he is, according to Cawley.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I honestly think Nathan Jones would sort them out in no time. 
    Is his time at Stoke and Southampton not a red flag though? Another manager on the way down?
    He got out of his depth at Southampton, but this is a completely different scenario. This is about getting players to understand their roles and perform them competently. 

There was little expectation at Luton and therefore a lot less pressure. At Southampton and Stoke there was massive expectation, however much deluded.

We can only offer pressure and expectation - do you see the problem?
    Who do you think will be up to the job, Bob?

What do I know about football?

Priority number one is survival this season so perhaps a short-term stop gap appointment with a proven Houdini - Warnock fits that bill.

The bigger issue is who can we attract? I would love someone like Manning, Duff or Evatt but getting them is another matter and we may have to break the bank to invest in the future. No more out of work, merry-go-round managers please.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    A lot of names being chucked about but have a look at the balance of the squad! What formation does it lend to? What is the plan for recruitment regarding positional bias? Do these names fit that mould? 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Euell keen on a return. Wouldn't mind him as part of someone's coaching setup but don't think it's the right situation for a first time No1 
    I’d take him as No1, Pearce on the staff. Very experienced coach, coached the youth teams well and had the Charlton connection. Think it could create a great bond between team and fans 
    What’s the obsession with Jason Pearce? Would we consider an Under 16 coach from any other club?
    First off he isn’t an u16s coach. He’s the lead coach for the u18s but works with the u21s too. He’s also doing a pretty good job by all accounts and he’s defensively minded. The club clearly think there’s something there, including Steve Avory. It’s definitely too soon for him to take a head coach role but why shouldn’t we look to give him experience coaching men’s football? He also just seems like a good bloke which is a bonus. 
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    Simonsen said:
    Has to be someone with experience in coaching 352

Which narrows the list down to Duff.
    Or buy a couple of wingers. 
    The idea of not having wingers is to be able to get Alfie May playing in a 2.
    Yeah I know. 

What happens if 3-5-2 doesn't work? Who do you bring on? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like now is completely the wrong situation to go for someone that's unproven , it's the wrong time to go and find the next Kieran McKenna from a PL Club or look at someone like Andy Hughes at Norwich. 

Got to be someone that's got experience of being a No1. 
    Sorry, but no way am I taking on this basket case of a football club