Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Nigel Pearson is my guess.
    Unfortunately his health is bad at the moment. So unfortunately he's not a candidate. 
  • Options
    The issue we have is just appointing Flemming. Any decent manager will want their own assistant manager. So will the club pay off another person? 

Looked at Flemings record and he's been a caretaker manager quite a few times, makes you wonder if his appointment was made with that in mind. I actually don't care who takes over, I do care that whoever takes over can conjur up 20 or so points. 
  • Options
    Give me a good looking manager , I’ve looked a scary Cnut the last few months in my WhatsApp pic and I’m sick of changing it so often . I’m like a hormonal lovesick teenager with how often I change it .
  • Options
    It would be better whoever it is if they are from London. South London the ideal. Not worried about a connection with the club but do think it's necessary to be 'local'. The rebuild  needs to be led by someone with London under their finger nails  who fans can at least relate too if not instantly liking. He also needs to be disciplinarian, we can not afford the same 'soft touch' don't won't to upset the players like MA indulged our players. Now is now time for cup of teas round the camp fire and ask players to talk about their problems. It't time for men, responsibility and digging in. Isn't it always about that in teams sport? Which is why it's beyond me that Charlie Kirk stayed so long. Not somebody you would want in the tranches with you. We are soft, a club that over the years has became obsessed with academy results, womens football, what we do in the community, mascot packages and anything in between that makes you 'feel good' to be a Charlton fan. A constant wave of good news stories whilst taking our eye of the ball. Our mens first team. We need to get back to basics, resources and energy channelled towards the mens first team. Without the club is nothing and will fold. There is a real chance we will be playing in League 2 but that's aright because our womens team will be in the womens super league. It's insane. It's like I am living in a parallel universe. For those that will say to this comment you can have a good mens first team and also do all the 'there things' well - clearly we can not. Get a leader in, get back to basics of prioritising the mens football team or we face the real possibility of not having one.
  • Options
    Jones has a 43% win ratio
    duff 42.5%
    Rowett 40%

We need someone with these sort of ratios 

bowyer and Powell are both less than 40%, we need better
  • Options
    They have no money.
    They have no class
    They have no credibility in the game.
    They are the problem. 

They have no choice but to appoint someone internally and hope it works.

I would hate Pearce to become the latest scapegoat for these jokers. 
  • Options
    They have no money.
    They have no class
    They are the problem. 

No they're not .... and they certainly have money.
  • Options
    They have no money.
    They have no class
    They are the problem. 

No they're not .... and they certainly have money.
    At least one of them is part of the problem. The one that recruited Appleton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait to see the new manager bounce. Will it last long enough to keep us up?

• Options
    Please not Hughton
  • Options
    And now the more important stuff - why have the gifs started coming out the size of our current points total all of a sudden?
  • Options
    Get a good manager in and let him manage - dint dictate a style of play - the manager should have free reign to vary the style as should all the academy teams - this fixation with all teams having to play the same way - players should be able to play in different systems and ideally, positions - it’s utter nonsense dreamt up to facilitate this new technical director role bollox - give me warnock, Powell or bowyer with curbs as advisor and let’s stop f&cking about 
  • Options
    This has  Lee Johnson written all over it!
    God, please no
  • Options
    Why would any decent manager with a proven track record go to Charlton? 
    They would have to be completely mad.

We really are a laughing stock in football now. 
  • Options

Because they’re out of work? If they succeed then they win, if they’re sacked blame it on us being a basket case and they get a nice payoff.
  • Options
    This has  Lee Johnson written all over it!
    God, please no
    He was linked before so wouldn't be surprised 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Because they’re out of work? If they succeed then they win, if they’re sacked blame it on us being a basket case and they get a nice payoff.
    That sounds very much like a journeyman manager, we have tried that. 

If you go into a job thinking it’s no issue, if it doesn’t work I’ll take the pay off, then I wouldn’t employ you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    Can't wait to see the new manager bounce. Will it last long enough to keep us up?
    5 more wins needed so I’m told, don’t know how accurate that is.
  • Options
    I dream of the days when we were just a shit middle/top half of league one team 
    complete shithouse of a club 
  • Options
    Oakster2 said:
    It's gotta be the Wim De Corte, Chris O'Loughlin & Nebojsa Vignjevic dream team for me

You joke but Chris O'Loughlin would be a much better shout as DOF than the current encumbent. He's done incredibly well at Union St Gilloise. 
  • Options
    We can't afford another Duff manager 😱
  • Options
    Makes me sad the way people outside the Charlton bubble are talking about us. Words like toxic and poison, saying no decent manager should be thinking about coming here etc etc.

Unfortunately I make them right. We are failing to prove to anyone that you’ll get longer than six months. Why leave a job you’re doing well in for that?
    I’m guessing we’ll still have a lot of managers wanting to come here to be “that” manager to turn it all around as we know what can happen when we’re doing well, also not many managers actually get funds to sign new players which we’re doing so that’s pretty attractive aswell.
  • Options
    Massive appointment for the incompetent SLT coming up.  I fear they’ll probably give Troy Deeney a go after his showing at Forest Green 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That sounds very much like a journeyman manager, we have tried that. 

If you go into a job thinking it’s no issue, if it doesn’t work I’ll take the pay off, then I wouldn’t employ you.
    I wouldn’t call Duff or Eustace journeyman managers. They can be out of a job for all sorts of reasons. Eustace was sacked from his only managerial role because Birmingham’s owners wanted to appoint Rooney. 

On the latter point we all know it, all managers know it. No manager can be certain a job will work out, there are too many factors and many of them outside of their control.
  • Options
    Nigel Pearson ....