Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Some kind of masochist?
  • Options
    Rowett first choice with Euelly as asst. 
    Alex Neil as second choice. 

Either of these men will get the respect of the players and will enjoy success at this club. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Feels like now is completely the wrong situation to go for someone that's unproven , it's the wrong time to go and find the next Kieran McKenna from a PL Club or look at someone like Andy Hughes at Norwich. 

Got to be someone that's got experience of being a No1
     Minefield isn't it. Appleton had lots of experience of being a number one but looked more like a number 4 or 5 when he was here.
    You mean more like a no.2 don’t you??!
  • Options
    Nathan Jones or for that matter ~ any of the bananarama back catalogue ~ should not be given any access to this club. 
  • Options
    Rowett or Alex Neil

Do it NOW board. 
  • Options
    Chris Houghton just been sacked by Ghana
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I'd worry whether he has the hunger
  • Options
    Chris Hughton. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

How tall is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Jones could work but he could also be a total failure. Let Pearce have a go for a few games which will buy us time not to make a rushed decision and if Pearce is winning games regularly, it buys us even more time. And if he continues winning we won't need any more time.
  • Options
    Pearce should be able to drill the defensive side. Would that hamper the attacking play?
  • Options
    I think let’s joust avoid relegation because that would be an utter disaster , we need someone more defensive, we can’t keep leaking goals it’s as simple as that
  • Options
    Pearce should be able to drill the defensive side. Would that hamper the attacking play?
    The thing with Pearce is that if he starts shit he is only a caretaker and can be moved back quickly. If we bring Jones in say and he starts shit and performs like Appleton, we are probably stuck with him. 
  • Options
    To me Duff is a no brainer.

Known to be able to sort out a team defensively, has a promotion on his record, narrowly lost out in the play offs last year and although it didn’t work out at Swansea he has an exceptional record.

He’s someone who you know will be able to hit the ground running. And that’s what we need right now. 

No no no. In any normal situation that’s a decent option but this isn’t a normal situation.

Club is broken and we need to get back what being Charlton Athletic is all about. 

We need to get the magic that makes our club special back or we will go down.

This is a decision that could impact whether we are even around in 12 months time.

We need an appointment that will genuinely get the Valley rocking for the Derby game.

Duff et al won’t do that. 
    This place is shot to pieces, and rumour has it Powell said no in the summer.
    Getting a new manager in to sort this s*** out needs a massive increase in salary and experience, perhaps short term.
    I'd give big bucks to Steve Evans at Stevenage. 
    These clowns brought Fleming in anticipating tonight so expect this appointment.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    As a fan base we need to look at ourselves as well.....the treatment of Appleton at the end was disgusting....he probably walked into the tunnel at the end and said fuck this to Methven......

I'm not so sure. His football was utter garbage. I haven't been entertained for months
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    As a fan base we need to look at ourselves as well.....the treatment of Appleton at the end was disgusting....he probably walked into the tunnel at the end and said fuck this to Methven......
    Whilst not disagreeing with you, once he has seen his brief tomorrow all upset will be gone.
    I'm in the camp the managers are not the problem.
  • Options
    Nathan Jones would be a fantastic appointment, if he took the job and we were still relegated, I'm afraid that would just be us being a cursed club as he is truly a top manager at this level.

I think Powell is a risk, he wouldn't have a quick start and I think back to how bad the football was before he was sacked, that's an option at the start of the season, not these circumstances imo.

Ditto Bowyer, it got back towards the end and the football was so poor.

Jackson there would be compensation and I get the feeling this lot will aim for better. 

Truthfully I think the standout options by a mile would be Jones, Duff and then Bonner in that order.

Would help massively if it was to be Bonner in that he has very recently survived relegation in this league with a very limited squad, as miserable as that may sound.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs to replace Rodwell and Scott with Powell as coach.

That would work if the investors are willing to back them,otherwise it’s a no go and back to square one.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Best man for the job, not some short term emotional fix that will end in tears in September.

if Duff would take it, then he’s ideal 

We need a short term fix because we are dying a slow and painful death.
    This.

Hire Curbs or Powell for the next 2 months. Enough time to recruit the right manager for next season onwards. Take the fucking time to get it right. Then they can oversee the last month or two  - assess what players they want for next season, even if that means getting rid of some we've only just brought in or who are under contract. 

This needs to be a turning point....not another sticking plaster  
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Why do some have this obsession with needing someone who has a connection to the club?
    Because it’s the only way that’s worked for us. ( atleast jones has a connection ) . Just want it resolved quickly.
    I dont get this Nathan Jones connection. He was U21 coach for just 12 months. 12 months. Kirk was here longer than that !
  • Options
    The issue we have is just appointing Flemming. Any decent manager will want their own assistant manager. So will the club pay off another person? 

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    Very good points. It was disgraceful. After 2 or 3 seasons I can understand this rage. He hasn't even had a fortnight with his own choice of players ffs! He inherited Holden's squad (who had inherited Garner's squad) And, not for the first time the charlton board have fired a coach when a window closes!!! How insane is this? 

Year after year. It is the joke of the league. 
    As Curbs said tonight ~ stability is key. Stable board. Stable team. Stable management. Stable club. If anyone at the club harbours designs on this club being a success then they need to first consider stability. 
  • Options
    Yes, Chris Hughton third choice. But he may be past his best in management now.... 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Very good points. It was disgraceful. After 2 or 3 seasons I can understand this rage. He hasn't even had a fortnight with his own choice of players ffs! He inherited Holden's squad (who had inherited Garner's squad) And, not for the first time the charlton board have fired a coach when a window closes!!! How insane is this? 

Year after year. It is the joke of the league. 
    As Curbs said tonight ~ stability is key. Stable board. Stable team. Stable management. Stable club. If anyone at the club harbours designs on this club being a success then they need to first consider stability. 
    8 days to go in the window 
    You cannot keep a manager in situ who hasn't kelt a clean sheet in 15 games and has won 1 in 13.

Do yourself a favour!
  • Options
    It's gotta be the Wim De Corte, Chris O'Loughlin & Nebojsa Vignjevic dream team for me