Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Surely Curtis Fleming coming in so recently as coach plays a part in this somewhere?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Why do some have this obsession with needing someone who has a connection to the club?
    All my logical brain agrees that it should not matter but only been three successful managers in my lifetime as a fan and they are all ex Charlton players. 
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Why do some have this obsession with needing someone who has a connection to the club?
    Because it’s the only way that’s worked for us. ( atleast jones has a connection ) . Just want it resolved quickly.
     I don't think Jones would be a terrible appointment but certainly not because he had a short spell as a coach here previously.
  • Options
    Surely Curtis Fleming coming in so recently as coach plays a part in this somewhere?

He has made such a difference as well... 🤔
  • Options
    I would be fine with Jones but slightly concerned he is another one of those many managers who seems only able to make it work at one club.
  • Options
    As Curbishley said...go for someone in work maybe rather than lacking ambition by limiting ourselves to who is available at the time whenever we have our regular crises.
    I’m off to Google who is managing in the Belgium third division

• Options
    I heard Nathan Jones doing co-commentary on the radio recently and was really impressed. He did go a bit eccentric at Southampton though and would not be popular with the pro-Bowyer crowd. 
  • Options
    jj back with curbs as mentor was mentioned by Brownie, id be happy with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWADDICK said:

Interesting 
  • Options
    Alex Dyer was at the game apparently. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Look at our managerial record. The ones that have succeeded haven’t come with outrageous experience but they get what it’s about and get a tune out of second rate league one footballers.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    No idea who fits right for next manager. Could do with borrowing Jorge Costa for a couple of weeks as defensive coach though. 
  • Options
    I like the idea of Jones a lot, just concerned how he self destructed at Southampton in similar fashion to how Apples has this week
  • Options
    I'm not sure on Jones or Pearson, but I suspect it will be one of them. I think I'd rather Duff or Eustace. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:

BREAKING: Nathan Jones is an early contender to become Charlton's new manager.

- talkSPORT sources understand

🚨 More on our website ☞ https://t.co/PVsrFYa8AU pic.twitter.com/wqtEzLHyrK

— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) January 23, 2024
    I think he is not the bloke to come in to a pressure situation as we are in presently.
  • Options
    Ask your Kilmarnock supporting mates what they think of Alex Dyer......lasted 7 months there. 

No thanks.
  • Options
    I’m sure Nathan Jones would’ve been at the game tonight in disguise. Anyone see anyone in a woolly hat and scarf?
  • Options
    I must admit I feel a bit skittish about Nathan Jones. Though he does prefer a back 3, so at least he will feel comfortable coaching that. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Look at our managerial record. The ones that have succeeded haven’t come with outrageous experience but they get what it’s about and get a tune out of second rate league one footballers.
    And what about the ones that failed or does having a Charlton connection not apply to them?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Someone on Twitter claiming we've spoken with Pearson
    If he brought Euell with him would it be enough of a Charlton connection?

Someone has already mentioned Pearson is not in good health at present.  Sounds like the usual Twitter bollox.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Alex Dyer knows the club too! Wasn’t he Powell’s assistant?
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the new manager bounce. Will it last long enough to keep us up?