Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited September 24
    It's mad but i wouldn't be surprised if he left us for Cardiff, I dont want him to go but he has form doing it to Luton twice.

All that said im reserving judgement on Jones to either -

A) the end of the season, if we finish playoff then i dont really care bout the style

B we get in a postion where playoffs are unachievable
  • Firstly I hope and don’t think Jones is going anywhere. Should what I’ve just written turn out to be bollox then it will have only been Jones forcing a move. Some things are just beyond the control of the club. It would I feel be disastrous and set us back into a slide and probable league one mediocrity again. Quite who we could get that would replace and continue the improvement Jones has overseen is a mystery. Personally I think Jones is in his best job since Luton. He knows the club well. Seems to have persuaded the owners to give him financial and complete control and is backed by any supporter with an ounce of sense. 

If he does go then we could do worse than looking at the Lincoln manager. Nearly had them in the playoffs last season and doing pretty well again this season after losing quite a few key players + having mcgrandles in midfield.
  • All seems a very OTT reaction to what was an originally innocuous comment. 

Not sure why, but fans seem to jump all over others comments in recent years. 
    Not sure about that. Wales Online (🤷🏻‍♂️) has Jones as favourite for the Cardiff job. That’s quite a talking point surely ? 

• If we're as terrible as everyone seems to think then surely Cardiff won't want him anyway
    Have you seen how bad Cardiff are?
  • “Would anyone be bothered if Jones left for Cardiff?” just posted on a Charlton Facebook group…
    Just saw that myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    If we're as terrible as everyone seems to think then surely Cardiff won't want him anyway
    Sure, but you don't then replace the manager with a L1 manager whose team play horrible football and will be midtable by the time the clocks go back just because he's from there, that would be crazy
  • fenaddick said:
    If we're as terrible as everyone seems to think then surely Cardiff won't want him anyway
    Sure, but you don't then replace the manager with a L1 manager whose team play horrible football and will be midtable by the time the clocks go back just because he's from there, that would be crazy
     But beneficial to us by the sounds of that!
  • fenaddick said:
    Sorry, should've been clearer I was just making a joke!

Not sure about that. Wales Online (🤷🏻‍♂️) has Jones as favourite for the Cardiff job. That’s quite a talking point surely ? 

It is, I meant the rapid evolution from someone opining that if things turn sour they won’t be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas to five pages of people discussing Charlton fans losing their heads and wanting him gone. 
    Has anyone actually said that?...🤦‍♂️
  • Rumours of Luke Berry and Allan Campbell looking at flats in the Cardiff bay area.
    After Saturday's performance, obviously warden controlled retirement flats. 

It is, I meant the rapid evolution from someone opining that if things turn sour they won’t be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas to five pages of people discussing Charlton fans losing their heads and wanting him gone. 
    Has anyone actually said that?...🤦‍♂️
    No. That’s the point!
    Sorry, missed the irony...
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Sorry, should've been clearer I was just making a joke!
    Don't worry, me too!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 24
    All seems a very OTT reaction to what was an originally innocuous comment. 

@LoOkOuT ‘s response nailed it for me.

If things go sour, things will go sour. Good insight there, that does nothing but introduce that angle into the conversation. 

Then when you get pulled up on having introduced that angle to the conversation, you can play the “that’s not what I said” card knowing full well that post is the only reason it’s being discussed in the first place.

Maybe / probably it wasn’t malicious but it is a common internet trolling tactic……
  • once again Chinese whispers are in full overdrive …. There no way Jones will leave a safe job like Charlton where he has full control to go to a risky job at Cardiff that he could be out of a job in 6 months time … he just started out on a 4 year project that he wants to be part of ..
    Yeah, I remember you telling us endlessly that Alfie May wasn't going as well.
    Bad news if you think this, as your success rate is about 10%, which is quite poor with a 50% chance. 
    He wasn’t that’s why he moved in with his brother .. but things changed very quickly 
  • I’m guessing the owner of another website will be well placed to get inside information.
  • shine166 said:
    Rumours of Luke Berry and Allan Campbell looking at flats in the Cardiff bay area.
    I hope they say goodbye to the neighbours before leaving.

Particularly the ones that befriend them.