Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited September 24
    All seems a very OTT reaction to what was an originally innocuous comment. 

Not sure why, but fans seem to jump all over others comments in recent years. 
    Not sure about that. Wales Online (🤷🏻‍♂️) has Jones as favourite for the Cardiff job. That’s quite a talking point surely ? 

It is, I meant the rapid evolution from someone opining that if things turn sour they won’t be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas to five pages of people discussing Charlton fans losing their heads and wanting him gone. 
    @LoOkOuT ‘s response nailed it for me.

If things go sour, things will go sour. Good insight there, that does nothing but introduce that angle into the conversation. 

Then when you get pulled up on having introduced that angle to the conversation, you can play the “that’s not what I said” card knowing full well that post is the only reason it’s being discussed in the first place.

Maybe / probably it wasn’t malicious but it is a common internet trolling tactic……
    I am very disappointed with your comments Callum, I used to have a lot of time for you and we have in the past had a bit of banter about your obsession with stats but labeling me as a troll is way off the mark.

I am 67 years old, do not have any social media accounts and only know what trolling is via reading it on this site. 

I am a realist and post what I feel, I have been supporting Charlton for 56 years, most of which have been season ticket seasons. Before Roland took over I was spending £10k a season on 4 x season tickets and hospitality at every home game as well as match sponsorship.

I have served my time and earned the right to post whatever ever I feel without snide remarks accusing me of “trolling” and “playing a card”

If you want me to bounce around like the Duracell bunny, wearing rose tinted glasses, predicting we will win every week and that Ahadme will come good, forget it.

I stand by what I said and would not be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas however I never said I hope he is or that I want him gone.

As AFKA said it’s a huge over reaction to a personal view that I have written on a discussion forum. And the fact the follow up from posters such as yourself was to label me and shut me down says a great deal about the direction this site is going in.

Callum has not mentioned you, unless I'm much mistaken.
    He quotes Lookout.
  • I hope something is announced quickly from him either committing to the club or going, the last thing we need is uncertainty. The club, and us fans are desperate for stability. 
  • All seems a very OTT reaction to what was an originally innocuous comment. 

Not sure about that. Wales Online (🤷🏻‍♂️) has Jones as favourite for the Cardiff job. That’s quite a talking point surely ? 

It is, I meant the rapid evolution from someone opining that if things turn sour they won’t be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas to five pages of people discussing Charlton fans losing their heads and wanting him gone. 

If things go sour, things will go sour. Good insight there, that does nothing but introduce that angle into the conversation. 

Then when you get pulled up on having introduced that angle to the conversation, you can play the “that’s not what I said” card knowing full well that post is the only reason it’s being discussed in the first place.

Maybe / probably it wasn’t malicious but it is a common internet trolling tactic……
    I am very disappointed with your comments Callum, I used to have a lot of time for you and we have in the past had a bit of banter about your obsession with stats but labeling me as a troll is way off the mark.

I am 67 years old, do not have any social media accounts and only know what trolling is via reading it on this site. 

I am a realist and post what I feel, I have been supporting Charlton for 56 years, most of which have been season ticket seasons. Before Roland took over I was spending £10k a season on 4 x season tickets and hospitality at every home game as well as match sponsorship.

I have served my time and earned the right to post whatever ever I feel without snide remarks accusing me of “trolling” and “playing a card”

If you want me to bounce around like the Duracell bunny, wearing rose tinted glasses, predicting we will win every week and that Ahadme will come good, forget it.

I stand by what I said and would not be surprised if NJ is gone by Christmas however I never said I hope he is or that I want him gone.

As AFKA said it’s a huge over reaction to a personal view that I have written on a discussion forum. And the fact the follow up from posters such as yourself was to label me and shut me down says a great deal about the direction this site is going in.

Callum has not mentioned you, unless I'm much mistaken.
    He quotes Lookout.
    You are mistaken 
  • Ridiculous. We are 4th in the league and despite Saturday a lot more positive than for many years. 

Positive ?  Maybe defensively but attacking wise we are poor. We manage about half a dozen shots every game & lucky if 1 or 2 are on target. Only scored more than 1 goal once so far this season. 

Once the clocks go back we'll be lucky to be top 10. 
    Let’s see. I think that’s a strange assumption to make.
    I still remember the 6 points adrift after Bolton, Portsmouth and derby comment
  • These markets are so temperamental that just means people are betting on him, I would think if he'd been approached Cawley might have reported it
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I think these markets much like with our previous managerial searches are so small you could move someone into favourite with a small bet. 

Would still expect Tan to appoint the Icelandic manager he's got at Kortrijk in Belgium. 
  • I hope something is announced quickly from him either committing to the club or going, the last thing we need is uncertainty. The club, and us fans are desperate for stability. 
    Why … Charlton don’t need to say anything until an approach is made and Jones won’t say anything because why should he he employed by Charlton … Cardiff want the manager from their sister club he fav according to Cardiff fans 
  • edited September 24

....🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • All seems a very OTT reaction to what was an originally innocuous comment. 

If you're ever looking for a matchday friend...

I bet he's not the first to get the beers in.....
  • If he goes think we need someone that really understands the club! 
    Jacko or Bowyer back or maybe at 16/1 Curbs?
  • Sponsored links:

• I would imagine that the money to pay off his contract and then give him a new one says that Jones will be staying in SE7.
    Aside from this, I would hope he would see his long term future here better than elsewhere.  I would imagine that having been with us, then Luton and Southampton he's not had to move and his family life is settled.
  • If RonnieMoore says it’s not happening then it’s happening!
  • Valley11 said:
    Would be so typical of us the last decade or so if Jones buggered off for Cardiff after changing the culture at the club into his own image. 
    Start AGAIN. 
    Let’s hope the desire to finish what he’s started is stronger than taking over at his boyhood club. 

Reminiscent of Curbs to West Ham rumours several times through his time with us. 
     And having sold Alfie May
  • All comes down to How Green was my Valley versus The Green Green Grass of Home.
  • I would imagine that the money to pay off his contract and then give him a new one says that Jones will be staying in SE7.
    Aside from this, I would hope he would see his long term future here better than elsewhere.  I would imagine that having been with us, then Luton and Southampton he's not had to move and his family life is settled.
    Stoke  :#
    Stoke  :#

There aside :)
  • AndyG said:
    Omg please make it stop !
    the guy came here because he liked the project. He has been backed. He has the control he wants. Not a chance he leaves even for Cardiff if he did what would that say about him ? I just don’t see that he would even contemplate it
    I agree, let’s back to lamenting about Dobbo and Alfie!