Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

1128129130131132134»

Comments

• Sounds like someone who supports Cardiff and is simply being polite about the role.
    Sounded to me like someone who'd definitely want it but was also respectful about his current job given he'll probably not be offered it (and is a professional).
  • With Schumacher and Lowe without clubs and therefore, no compensation to be paid, I would imagine they would be higher on the list than Jones at this point. 

So quantity over quality...🤔
  • Hmmm, I don't think he'll be offered it, but read it as not a definite no if offered
    Cardiff fans all over it calling it a “come and get me” from NJ.

Haven’t had a chance to read or hear the comments to make my own judgement.
    Because that’s what they wanted to hear. I took the comments one day, not now as he is involved in a project here
  • Jones failed at his last two jobs because he couldn't get buy-in. The players he had weren't interested and when push came to shove the board chose to chuck him instead of them. At Charlton the board have backed him pretty substantially. He's won the battle with Scott, he's been allowed to bring in a lot of his trusted players, he's got the transfers he wanted and was even allowed to push out our POTY as they clashed. He acknowledged the buy-in he's had in that interview. Cardiff by all accounts have an ownership who have lost interest and wouldn't be interested in the backing needed to give Jones what he requires. I'm sure he'd like to manage Cardiff one day but it would be very odd if he left behind a situation perfectly suited to him in his efforts to build up his reputation again just to go into another doomed job. The Cardiff job will come around again but the amount of control and potential to progress he has at Charlton likely won't.

IF Cardiff approached us then we'd probably be obliged to tell Jones, then that would be interesting to see if he wanted to talk to them.
    A long way from that stage though I feel.
  • If Cardiff watched that shite today they wouldn’t be touching Jones with a barge pole. 
  • Not sure I have mentioned it but I reckon if things go sour……………………………😁