Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• Problem with this thread ?
  • I really hope NJ doesn't read CL 😂
  • edited September 23
    LoOkOuT said:
    So your brilliant insight is that "if things go sour" things will  "go sour"???
    "If things don't change, they'll stay the same"...🤔
  • Can't see him leaving but being a Welshman I would imagine the chance of managing Cardiff would be a huge draw for NJ.  He has left jobs early before, I wouldn't rule it out.
    Hope he stays as we need the stability.

Would get a hefty pay off from his contract on top of another nice deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see him leaving but being a Welshman I would imagine the chance of managing Cardiff would be a huge draw for NJ.  He has left jobs early before, I wouldn't rule it out.

Who would pay off his contract to him ? 
  • “Would anyone be bothered if Jones left for Cardiff?” just posted on a Charlton Facebook group…
    Someone tell them that summer  (and the silly season) is now officially over.
  • edited September 23

Would make a change for us not to be paying someone off for once ! 
  • I don't think anyone actually wants NJ out, and if they do, it's a very small minority. 

If Cardiff make the approach though, and are willing to pay comp, I do think we will be looking for a new manager.

Fingers crossed Cardiff have someone else in mind. 

• If Jones did leave (spoiler alert, he won’t) then we could do a lot worse. You don’t want to rip things up and start again mid-season unless things are going badly. Jackson has built a Wimbledon side that plays 3-5-2, is physically strong and very good defensively, sounds familiar 

• This thread is utter madness.  I'm genuinely shocked at some of the comments
    this, this and this
  • NabySarr said:

If Jones did leave (spoiler alert, he won’t) then we could do a lot worse. You don’t want to rip things up and start again mid-season unless things are going badly. Jackson has built a Wimbledon side that plays 3-5-2, is physically strong and very good defensively, sounds familiar 

Unfairly got the boot in my opinion and should have been given the start of the next season to put his stamp on the team.
  • Blimey there’s plenty of folk trapped in some weird Charlton Life time warp.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure Jackson has improved in his time away but my god the football under him was bleak. One formation, one style no matter what. We saw more tactical variety from Jones against Blackpool than we saw the entire time Jackson was there. I watched more than half a season of Jaiyesimi at wingback and Clare at centre back and I will carry that trauma forever. And I say that as a certified Jackson apologist. I think the Oxford game at home broke my brain. Pretty sure it was Inniss, Clare and Purrington at CB, DJ at left wingback somehow, a midfield 3 of Dobson, Gilbey and Morgan and Elliot Lee and Jonathan Leko up front. Criminal.
  • I assume the reason Jones is one of the favourites is because he was brought up near Cardiff and is a massive Cardiff fan.
  • Bilko said:
    NabySarr said:

If Jones did leave (spoiler alert, he won’t) then we could do a lot worse. You don’t want to rip things up and start again mid-season unless things are going badly. Jackson has built a Wimbledon side that plays 3-5-2, is physically strong and very good defensively, sounds familiar 

Unfairly got the boot in my opinion and should have been given the start of the next season to put his stamp on the team.
    He would have failed had he been given that chance, so I’m happy he didn’t actually. No one was taking us up under Sandgaard, and Jackson wasn’t ready, but he’s a much better manager now than he was then 
  • I'm sure Jackson has improved in his time away but my god the football under him was bleak. One formation, one style no matter what. We saw more tactical variety from Jones against Blackpool than we saw the entire time Jackson was there. I watched more than half a season of Jaiyesimi at wingback and Clare at centre back and I will carry that trauma forever. And I say that as a certified Jackson apologist. I think the Oxford game at home broke my brain. Pretty sure it was Inniss, Clare and Purrington at CB, DJ at left wingback somehow, a midfield 3 of Dobson, Gilbey and Morgan and Elliot Lee and Jonathan Leko up front. Criminal.
    It was his first job, he took a poor squad from near the bottom 4 up to mid-table. He wasn’t ready then, but he is a lot more tactically versatile now and getting good results at Wimbledon. The Oxford game and that run of form we had no fit strikers, and as I said our squad was poor anyway, Pep Guardiola would have struggled to get results in that run of games 

The football isn’t great, but if we ever did need a Jones replacement because he got stolen, then continuing with similar would probably be a good idea considering we’ve built a squad for it. It won’t happen now because we’ve got Jones for the long term, but if it happens in years to come then Jackson could be the replacement if he continues to develop and gets a promotion under his belt 
  • Nobody wants him gone. But that doesn't mean he should be beyond criticism if he does crazy things like dropping Mitchell.
    Had he said "I didn't like his attitude" or something similar, people would say fair enough.
    But to use the excuse that it was because he wanted us to play more football, that just makes no sense.
    He keeps saying that the better football will come, but there's no sign of that, it appears to be getting worse, not better.
    I think people just want him to see, what we are all seeing, no creativity whatsoever in midfield, and then do something to address that.
  • Where are the goals coming from?
  • MrBurns said:
    People have short memories with hoping Jones leaves. Remember how bad things were with Appleton in charge. 
    No one on this thread has even hinted at wanting NJ to leave. You’re latching onto some hysterical outrage on something that was never said.
  • NJ has zero chance of managing in the Championship, after Stoke and Southampton he needs to prove he can manage a successful team and get them promoted.

I would not be surprised if things go sour we will sack him by Christmas 
    To be fair this post is where the sacking thing started, it's just got modified a bit as the thread goes on. Chinese whispers etc.