Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Options
    Jones has to be a contender for Manager of the Month surely?! The way he has turned this team around is exceptional.
    I thought so but he's not on the shortlist
  • Options
    Jones has to be a contender for Manager of the Month surely?! The way he has turned this team around is exceptional.
    Think it works in calendar months and his February record on paper will look average and won't reflect the upturn in performances.
  • Options
     Blow the Manager of the Month award. 

I'm hearing strong rumours that it is intended to rename the Covered End as the Nathan Jones stand!
  • Options
    Think it works in calendar months and his February record on paper will look average and won't reflect the upturn in performances.
    I would have thought they'd look beyond the raw results - otherwise Portsmouth's manager would be winning most months.
  • Options
    Hard to argue that someone deserves MOTM based on 1 win!

Lincoln's manager easily deserves it. Unbeaten with 5 wins and a draw in February, after a similar poor run to us in December and January.
  • Options
    Yes hopefully he wins it this month
  • Options
    There was a couple of minutes with NJ on 'football focus' today (about 33 minutes in) - don't think there was anything particularly newsworthy, but good to get a mention on the show again...
  • Options
    Great interview with NJ on Football Focus today
  • Options
    Yes it was a very good interview and the bit where he said about him joining was due to the new set up at the club owners, management etc are in place that enable him to start a long term project. Wonder if the usual doomsayers on here saw the interview?
  • Options
    Finally feel optimistic with NJ in charge - nice to have a proper coach.

Just hope he's given the chance to prune the squad.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 3
    We’ve had 11 games under Nathan Jones now so thought it’d be a good time to have a look at goals for and against records.

These numbers would look better if you don’t include the Reading defeat where he’d had barely three days to work with the players.

Goals per games conceded before Jones: 1.53

Goals per games conceded since Jones: 1.18

Goals per game scored before Jones: 1.43

Goals per game scored since Jones: 1.36

(Goals per game conceded since Lincoln home: 1.10

Goals per game scored since Lincoln home: 1.50)
  • Options
    edited April 3
    Am quietly confident that Jones can bring in his own players and we can look to a minimum top six finish next season.
    He has got results out of players that Appleton and Holden could not, this has to be a good sign for the future.
    I imagine that he was given assurances before he signed the contract and he looks like a character that will not stand for backtracking at this level of the game.
  • Options
    Clubs at a crossroads. If the owners want to progress the club back to where it should be which I believe is The Championship or better still have aspirations of Premier League then this summer is the first step. I know everyone doesn’t think so but I think the squad we have is absolutely miles off so what happens this close season needs to make a significant mark. The alternative is to become an established third teir club and team. I don’t think getting promoted back to The Championship is doable in one season so although I’m expecting top eight I think getting the players we need is going to take three windows and genuine investment. I don’t see anything in between to be honest.
  • Options
    All about the investment in the summer. 

Yes Jones could be the manager to shoot us up the league, but that requires players at a higher quality than what we have now. Not just a 'few missing pieces'.